Chapter 74

Ruby POV-

I sat in a ship as we were getting ready for destination. From what we've been told their is an abandoned dust mine that we have to go to since it has the materials we need to build the Amity communication tower. The only problem is that their was a giant crystal fueled Grimm living their and were going to destroy it. I look at the ground having thoughts go threw my head until I heard Yang call me.

Yang: Hey Ruby what's with the serious expression. You doing okay?

I look at her and give her a smile.

Ruby: I'm fine, I'm actually really excited for this mission. It's just....

Yang: It's just what?

I look at Yang and sigh thinking she would feel uncomfortable with the idea.

Ruby: It's nothing to worry about.

The truth was I wish West was here he probably could have made this operation run more smoothly since he's so strong and he can use magic. Sadly with everyone acting so hostile towards him since they saw what he is I can understand why he needed space.

Marrow: Alright were dropping in 30 seconds get ready!

I hear one of the Ace Ops names Marrow say as I get Crescent Rose ready as I see the ship doors open as we get ready to jump. I go out first immediately using my Semblance, laughing as I fall. I change Crescent Rose to scythe form, stand on it and begin firing it, using the recoil to slow my fall. I soon land next to everyone and put my scythe back behind my back.

Ruby(Thoughts): Perfect Landing.

The earpiece that I had started to beep meaning someone was calling and it was the leader of the Ace Ops, Clover.

Clover: You've all got fancy new Scrolls, so don't forget to use 'em. Keep your eyes and ears open. I want an update if you encounter the target. Alpha out.

I start to follow the others but I come to a stop, shivering with my arms crossed across my chest.

Ruby: Oh, it's freezing out here!

Weiss stops, and Blake and Yang soon stop, as well.

Weiss: Without heating or projected Aura, the cold of Solitas can kill you in a matter of hours.

Blake: I suddenly don't feel as bad about leaving Oscar behind.

Yang: Can we talk about that again?

I glance over at Harriet and Marrow, who have gone ahead to the opening of the mine.

Ruby: What about it?

Yang: We're really not gonna tell Ironwood about what happened to Oz? What we learned about Jinn? About Salem?

I look away for a second but looked back at Yang.

Ruby: We are and we will. But you saw how things looked when we flew into Atlas.

Blake: The General's heart seems to be in the right place, but that doesn't mean we should trust him yet.

Weiss: We need to play along for a while before we make any major decisions.

Yang: Okay. How did Oscar feel about that?

I thought about the conversation that I had with Oscar saying how it wasn't a good idea to lie to the General but it just didn't feel right telling him. Not yet. We continue inside the mind and I look around the cave seeing everything in rubble.

Harriet: Bravo checking in. Hit a bit of a snag.

Harriet, Marrow and us arrive at a wall of boulders in the main mine tunnel.