Chapter 62

West POV-
I was making my way downstairs to check on everyone but I stopped myself. I know nobody wants to see me. They know that I'm a freak. They hate me. They want nothing to do with me.

I see Qrow looking out the window.

West: Why am I still here?

I stood their in my thoughts then I heard Qrow and Ruby speaking and I listened.

Qrow: Storm's cleared up for now. We should be able to leave by morning.

Ruby: That's good.

Qrow: No... I don't have a good feeling about this place, especially with me around...

I see Ruby looks down at a wine bottle on the floor with Qrow's hand hovering near it, then looks at him.

Ruby: Are you... okay?

Qrow: Sure. Tell everyone to get some sleep. I'll wake you guys up just before sunrise.

Ruby walks away as Qrow drinks from the wine bottle. Ruby pauses and looks back at him before narrowing her eyes downward. I decided to leave Qrow and did my own thing.

(Timeskip)

I was laying on the bed upstairs. It smelt like a dead body lived in here but but that's to be expected since their was but I'm use to it. I wanted to talk to Black but he hasn't said a word ever since we found out Ozpin was Ozma. I look out the window and see the moon and can tell it's midnight. I get up from the bed and make my way down stairs. I see Qrow past out with a wine bottle in one hand. I make my way through to where the rest are sleeping. I see everyone on the floor sleeping soundly. I go to where Ruby is and just stand their.

West: What am I still doing here? I should just leave. I should just take Ruby with me and leave.

I start to move to grab Ruby.

West: I can throw the relic away. I have to keep Ruby safe.

(Flashback)-

Summer: Protect Ruby for me okay Dad.

(Flashback end)-

They are my orders.

My hand was getting closer and closer.

West: I'm just a tool that's it. I don't need to feel bad for the rest of these distractions I should just kill everyone in this house and leave with Ruby.

Keep her safe.

Keep her safe.

Keep her safe.

Keep her safe!

Ruby's POV-

I wake up in a cold sweat. I look out the window and see it is mourning. I get up and open the curtains.

Weiss: Close the window!

I walk over to the entrance hall and pick up the empty bottle Qrow dropped before walking over to Uncle Qrow.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow. Come on, get up.

I shake him a few times on the shoulder.

Qrow: Leave me alone...

Ruby: We overslept.

Qrow, still groggy, just lightly shoves me away. I look at the empty wine bottle, and after a moment, my hand starts shaking. I angrily throw it against the wall, shattering it. He wakes up startled.

Qrow: What?!

Qrow looks around, seeing me stand before him and then to the shattered bottle.

Qrow: Oh, right. Sunrise.