Chapter 69

West POV-

I stood on a hill looking down at where Ruby is. She was waiting for the ship with the others. I would have joined her but I have a meeting to go to.

West: They should be here right..........now.

I look behind me and see a portal. I see a big buff man come out as I can tell was Hazal. One of Salem's pawns. He had a look of fear as I looked at him in the eyes without my mask. He quickly tried to get his composure back but I can tell he was avoiding eye contact.

West: What do you want?

Hazel: I've come to take you to my mistress.

West: Oh and who may that be?

Hazel: That is none of your concern...

Suddenly I got in front of him very quickly and held his neck and I choked him.

West: Oh but it is my concern. Now your going to listen to me carefully.

He tries to squirm out of my grip but I only hold him tighter.

West: You tell Salem I'm not joining her again. All I ask is she doesn't hurt the people that I asked for got it.

He nods as I let him go and calm down.

West: Good now leave I have other business to attend to.

Hazel nods again rubbing his neck as he starts to leave through the portal. I start to walk over the edge of the hill looking over at Ruby when I noticed that she was fighting........a giant robot.

West: Guess I should help.

I start to make my way over their but suddenly my vision had gone black and I was in a empty space.

West: What the-?

I turn around feeling a presence behind me. I saw someone of my height but he had red glowing eyes and his whole body was black.

West: Long time no see Black.

I smile at him but he doesn't respond.

West: It's been awhile since I was here.

He still doesn't respond and looks at me silently.

West: Look Black if you got nothing to say then can I go back. I need to help Ruby and the others.

He stays there silently until he speaks.

Black: Why are we still with them?

I was confused but soon realized what he meant.

West: Are you talking about Ruby and her gang?

He only nodded slowly staying silent as he looked to the ground.

West: Well........because it's the right thing to do.

I said with a smile he just looked at me with sad eyes.

Black: Even though they might try to kill us since they know who you really are.

West: No of course not their our friends!

Their was a bit of silence until Black spoke again but with a hint of anger in his voice.

Black: You have really become an idiot haven't you.

West: Hey that's kind of harsh Black...

Black just sighed and looked at me in disappointment and pity.

Black: You know for a pretty long time I thought things had changed.....

I felt something crawl up my spine as I listened to Black.

Black: With Summer around and not looking at us as a thing it finally made me feel comfort. And with Ruby and her team around it felt nice finally seeing people not run away the second they see us.....

I felt.....sad for some reason......

Black: But in the end they only care about the mask....

Their was a couple seconds of silence until Black spoke again.

Black: Once they see our face we are nothing more then things or beasts to people. People will try to use us for some sort of gain or find ways to torture us to kill us without success.

What was this feeling.....

Black: At first I was awake while you slept but after we met Mary I wanted to sleep with you in that cold.......dead.......lie.

His voice turned to venom as his words started to hurt.........but why.......

Black: But this has finally woke me back to the truth......of what you are.

West: What are you saying Black.

I felt pressure on me like a bunch of weight hit me all at once.

Black: West its time to wake up......because in the end you are a mere puppet to humanity as they toy with you only to be discarded you and to be used as a tool for someone else. You accepted this fact at one point but because you had hesitated killing her were stuck like this.

West: That's not true Summer still thinks of us as people and Ruby too.

Black: Please Ruby your lying to yourself again the only thing she wants is to use us too since we have power. You could feel it too the fear of seeing us was hidden but still their. Hell if she had the contract she might show her true colors.

I wanted to say something but he was right even if she tried to hide it I could still feel how uncomfortable she was around me.

West: Well what about Summer she cares about us!

Black: Please those feelings aren't real. They were just fake.

West: What do you mean they aren't real I don't sense any negative intent from-

Black: Yeah because I made her like that!!

West: W-What.....

Black suddenly goes wide eyed realizing what he just said. Their was a couple seconds of silence until he spoke again.

Black: Look West I care about you. They don't care about you, they only thing they care about is your abilities, and if you keep staying with them.....

Their was another couple seconds of silence.

Black: I wont help you any longer....

He then disappeared into the darkness as I stood their alone.

West:.......W-well fine I don't need you anyway!!

I just stood their for a few seconds until I wondering what he meant until I noticed something. I felt hot water run down my cheeks. Tears?..................why..................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Why am I crying.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ruby POV-

I finally defeated it the the giant Grimm was turned to stone. I was tired as I sat down on Weiss's summon as I catch my breath but suddenly I hear cracking. I look up to see it not completely turned to stone I was going to use my eyes again but I felt to tired as I can hear everyone yell my name. Before I can get back up I see it's head chopped clean off as parts of it started turning to dust. I look around and see West with wings on his back. I was happy to see him but then turned to fear when he got closer to me I don't know why but soon the feeling was gone like it was never their.

Ruby: Thanks for the save!

He only looked at me and nodded and gave me a thumbs up. I couldn't tell what face he was making but for some reason he felt..........off.
We then flew to the ship and got on board as Maria started flying towards Atlas I then confronted West seeing if he was okay.

Ruby: Hey are you doing okay?

He didn't answer and just sat their I looked around and it felt like everyone was glaring at him or just did not care. I soon just sat down and waited to get to Atlas.

————————————————————————
Finally Volume 6 is complete! Now for Volume 7. I will now take a break because I'm nearly dead. Have a good day...