Chapter 30

Ruby POV-
We finally get on a ship to get to Becom and help take care of the Grimm below. We were about to lift off but before we do I see Ironwoods ship burst into flames.

Ruby(Thoughts): I have to do something.

Before the door closes I leave hearing everyone scream my name as the door to the drop ship closes and leaves before I can continue I feel a tug on my hood. I look behind and see West.

West: If you think you can fly to the air ship by the lockers then you are so wrong.

Ruby: How did you know?

West: Not important. I can get you to that ship much safer then you flying on a locker.

Ruby: But how are you-

Suddenly black wings sprouted from his back as I looked in amazement.

Ruby: Oh.

He grabs me from the waist and starts to run to the edge.

Ruby: Wait! Wait! Wait!

Before I could say anything else we fall off the edge as we sore threw the sky to Ironwoods ship. He was hugging very tight to make sure I don't fall. When we get close he lands on top of the airship. We start to walk to the front of the ship but I see a girl with pink and brown hair and Roman come out from the ship.

Roman: Well Hello Little Red, Maskey.

West: Ruby take care of Roman I'll take care of the girl.

Ruby: Right.

I take out my weapon and get ready as Roman charges at me. I block his first attack as I swing my scythe upwards to hit him but he dodges it.
He shoots his gun under my feet as I jump over it and bring my scythe to him.

Roman: Little Red, little Red, you are just determined to be the hero of Vale, aren'tcha?

Ruby: What are you doing!? Without these ships, the Grimm will destroy everything!

Roman: That's the plan!

I then swat aside his cane just as he attempts to fire it at me, causing him to move a few feet off-balance making him trip a little but he regains his composure.

Ruby: But why!? What do you get out of it!?

Roman: You're asking the wrong questions, Red! It's not what I have to gain, it's that I can't afford to lose!

I was getting angry at this point as I was about rush at him again but I was stopped by the sound of choking. I look over to see West being stabbed by the women in the chest as he couldn't breath and choking on his own blood as it comes falling from the bottom of his mask.

Ruby: West!!

West: Well then........I guess this is what I get for being careless?

He looks over to me and I see the women pull out the sword out of his chest as he falls over dead.

Ruby: West.....No.

Ruby(Thoughts): This can't be happening first Penny now West! What do I do?

I see Roman have a victorious smile on him as the women comes toward me blade ready.

Ruby(Thoughts): No I can't give up now I got to avenge West!

Suddenly I look back to see West gone I look around and see him tackle the women off the ship.

West: It's up to you now Ruby!

I see him fall off the ship as they both descend to the ground as the flock of griffons blocks my view from them. I look back at Roman and see him angry. I charge at him top speed with the use of my Semblance, Roman grips his weapon with both hands, the left hand holding the shaft, as he quickly catches the projectile with the hook end and hurls it at Me, knocking me away, before smacking me with the business end of the cane, ramming the weapon in my stomach, and firing another shot, sending me on my back.