Chapter 68

Summers POV-

I made it to the house of where Tai is. For some reason Raven was here to but I ignored it as we talked for a little bit. I was sitting on the couch relaxing but my arm felt like it was burning and feels really sore. This is what happens when I use to much magic. I decided to call Dad about it. I hear the phone ring.

West: Hello.

Summer: Hey Dad I was just wondering on how you were doing.

West: Fine....

He sounded so dead so robotic it was worrisome.

Summer: Um, well my arm is starting to do that thing when I use to much magic.

I was expecting to be yelled at but he just seemed calm.

West: Hmm well you should put some ice on it and stretch it out to help....

Summer: Oh well thanks, by the way how is Ruby doing is she okay.

West: She's Fine.

I was worried he usually a lot more energetic.

Summer: Are you doing okay you sound not yourself?

He was silent but spoke.

West: I'm fine Summer. I am protecting Ruby as I'm supposed to and if something happens then I will return with her....

Summer: What about Yang?

West:.........

He seems to not be talking at all so I try not to think about it to much.

Summer: Well continue to keep Ruby safe and make sure you take care of yourself to....okay.

West: Will do.

He hangs up without saying goodbye I was worried something happened but maybe he might just be having a bad day and went to the kitchen to get some ice.

West POV-
I got done talking to Summer on the phone as I just sat on the couch. I've never felt this tired before.

Flashback-

I was with Summer on a log helping with her injuries she was bruised all over and seemed like she hasn't eaten for days I made her some soup as I can see her drooling over the food. I gave her the food as she consumed it in seconds.

West: So Summer why were you in the woods all alone and where are your parents?

She seemed to look down and starts crying.

West: I Uh.....

Black: Great you made a little girl cry!

Summer: I'm sorry for crying it's just no ones ever been this nice to me before. Mommy hit me a lot and I hated it so I ran away from her I-I...

I hugged her trying to confront her. She was like me in a way.

West: Don't worry I'll protect you.

Flashback-

I am sitting beside Mary as we were talking about this guy that she's marrying as I made myself happy.

Mary: Yeah he's kind of a jerk I just don't like him but Dad said so, so I have to do it.....

Their was silence before I spoke again.

West: Well I'm always around and if you ever need me, just call and I'll protect you!

Flashback-

I was sitting on the couch after Salem slapped me multiple times for not doing as told as Ozma scolded me. I sat their looking at the ground waiting for more orders from them. I could leave but I refuse to go back to the streets . Suddenly I hear the door open and quickly stood up. I then see it was only Lily crying and limping.