Chapter 50

Ruby POV:

I woke up really early in the morning looking at the time seeing it was 6 and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to just get up. I then start to remember the events that happened yesterday and sighed as I made my way downstairs. I look and see West and Mom on the couch but they seem to be asleep as I remembered what West said...

West: I would be considered your grandfather.

I shook my head a little still couldn't believe he was my........grandfather it kind of felt weird since he's been considered a friend to me and.......I go down stairs and decided to make myself breakfast but then I heard someone speak.

West: Good Morning Ruby.

I look over and see West looking at me.

West: You making yourself breakfast?

I nod as I go to the kitchen making myself eggs. Before I can even crack the egg West stopped me.

West: What are you doing?

Ruby: Um....making breakfast......

He looks at the egg in my hand that's a little cracked then back at me for a few times.

West: This displeases me.

Ruby: W-What

Suddenly he picks me up bridal style still confused on what's happening. He brings me to the couch next to mom as she seemed wide awake. He sets me down as he went back to the kitchen. Confused I look at mom for an answer.

Summer: Just don't ask....if you can't make a "perfect" meal then he does your pretty much banned from the kitchen.

I was more confused as I asked her a question.

Ruby: So did you learn how to cook from um grandpa......West?

Summer: I think he would appreciate it more if you just called him West. He's embarrassed from his age.

Suddenly I hear West from the kitchen yell.

West: I'm not embarrassed! I just don't like people knowing my age that's all......

I hear mom chuckle as she looks back at me.

Summer: Yes I did learn from him, although he won't ever let me cook for him now that I know how to.

After a few minutes of talking with Mom, West comes out with eggs bacon and chocolate chip waffles.

Ruby: Thanks.

I took the plate and took a bite of the eggs and.......what is this.....these aren't normal eggs.......they taste to good to be eggs.....it's perfect to perfect. I put down the plate as I see West and mom look at me.

West: Did I do something wrong with the eggs?

Summer: No dad you made perfectly....to perfectly it scares me.

I take a deep breath and eat the rest of the trying not to cry from how good it was. Soon I finished as West went to pick up our plates. When he came back he sat on the couch next to us.

Ruby: Man that was super good. It tasted like heaven if heaven had a taste.

I hear West chuckle a little as I look at him.

West: Well I guess you should expect that when you've been living for so long and got nothing else better to do, but enough about that.

He leans in and looks at me as I see mom take out a cup of green tea out of nowhere.

West: I said last night that I would answer any questions that you had.

I start to think as I look at him.

Ruby: What's behind the mask?

West: Nope.

Ruby: Oh come on, you gotta show me please!

Summer: It's not going to work Ruby.

I sigh as I lay my back on the couch.

Ruby: Fine......

West: Well I'll give you a hint it's not the prettiest thing you'll ever see.

I hum to myself and try and think of another question.

Ruby: So how long have you been alive and how did you exactly meet my mom.

I can see mom lips curl into a smile as she continues to drink her green tea.

West: Well I can't exactly tell you how old I am but I think around my thousands maybe younger then Ozpin.....

West is looking up at the ceiling thinking of something.

West: And as for your mom well I kind of just found her in the woods. I gave her some shelter and food next thing you know she just started following me around.

Summer: Well where else am I supposed to go, home!!

West: I don't know.

West looks back at me.

West: After awhile she just started calling me dad and now boom, here we are.

Ruby: Wait how come mom didn't go back home?

West: That's a little of a-

Summer: No...

I look at mom as she puts down her cup of tea as West lays back on the couch.

Summer: When I was younger my father left me the day I was born and my mother....Well she abused me for a very long time saying that I had to bring down some monster or something. I never knew what she meant so I left ran away into a forest at eight and found good old Dad walking in the forest.

Their was a moment of silence as I looked down.

Ruby(Thoughts): Wow did that really happen....that's terrible! Who could do such a thing.

I heard a clap from West as I looked back up to West

West: Now back on track let's get back into your questions.

Ruby: Right......So how exactly are you able to use magic can you like turn people into birds and stuff!

West just shrugged his shoulders saying I don't know.

Ruby: What do mean you don't know?

West: I mean I don't know how exactly I got my ability to use magic it kind of just appeared. As for turning people into birds that's nothing.

I got super excited as I stood up.

Ruby: Does that mean I can do that cool thing the Uncle Qrow does and be able fly around or maybe a tiger! Or a-

West: Slow down their buddy! I haven't given you the full picture.

I quickly sit down as I let West explain.

West: You see if I were to do that their would probably be some negative after effects. With Ozpin his magic is probably better then mine. You could say my magic is corrupted you could say.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Summer: It means that if your grandfather gave you magic then it would have some negative side affects.

Ruby: Oh....

I layed my back on the couch a little disappointed

West: Anyway anything else you wanna ask?

Ruby: mmm no not really...

West: Good now go upstairs as I start to make breakfast for them.

I nod my head as I go to Yang's room to wake her up.

————————————————————————
Sorry for not updating was sidetracked a little but don't worry I'll give you a chapter this Friday as usual hope you liked the chapter and I'll see you in the next on I guess.