Chapter 46

Yang Pov-

We finally enter the camp, escorted by a few bruised bandits who I had roughed up earlier. I notices more bandits lining up along the path, giving angry glares at me and Summer. Then a women steps out of her tent to see what the commotion is about. The two bandits guarding are playing cards with each other, before joining the rest of their tribe to see me and Summer walk in.

Yang: Mom.

I see her remove her mask and smile.

Yang. So, after all this time you finally decided to visit me.

I feel my left hand shaking once again, but she uses her robotic hand to calm it down.

Yang: You know that I searched for you. I spent years looking for you.

Mom: And you've found me. You were patient, determined, and strong enough to make your dream a reality. Well done, Yang. But did you have to be so rough with my men?

Yang: I didn't want a fight. They started it.

Raven: Well, you certainly finished it.

Their was silence until she noticed Summer next to me as she went wide eyed.

Mom: S-Summer your alive!

Summer: Yes I am.

She seems to be thinking but shakes it off and looks back at me.

Raven: Right. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming. But I must admit that you've proven yourself. So any questions you have I'll be happy to answer. You can stay with us tonight. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you.

Yang: That's not why I am here.

The bandits react to Yang's irreverence.

Mom: What was that?

Yang: I'm not here for you. Ruby is somewhere in Mistral. She's with Qrow, and she's going to need my help. And Ruby mom wanted to check on her. I just need you to take me to her.

Mom: And why would I do that?

Yang: Because we're family.

Mom: Family. Only coming around when they need something. I have to say, I'm disappointed. After all, you found me, didn't you? Why not take that drive and use it to find your little sister if she means that much to you?

Yang: Because you're going to save me time. Ruby was heading to , but there's no guarantee she's made it there. Looking for her in Anima could take ages. But...Dad told me how your Semblance works.

Mom: Tai...

Yang: You can bond to certain people. And when you do, you could create a portal that takes you straight to them. You've got one for Dad. One for me. And you've got one for Qrow. He promised me he'd watch out for Ruby before he left. And I trust him. So, make a portal to my uncle and sister, and I'll be on my way.

She seems to glare at both me and Summer.

Mom: You know, it takes real strength to march in here and demand such a favor of me. I've got to say, I'm impressed. It's very noble to want to help out your sister. But if she's with Qrow, then she's already a lost cause.

Yang: What does that mean?

Raven: You don't want to get mixed up in all of that, Yang. Ozpin is not the man you think he is. And Qrow is a fool for trusting him. I would know, I trusted him once, too.

I look beside me and see Summer look at the ground angry but I bring my attention back to my mom.

Yang: I don't care what you think.

A girl with short hair, holds her weapon , looks on disdainfully, and places her right hand on her hip.

Mom: Your choice is your own. All I'm suggesting is that instead of getting wrapped up in something too big for you, for any of us, that maybe you take a moment to wonder if you're already where you belong.

Yang: Save your breath. You can spout off whatever you want, but nothing is going to keep me from my sister.

Mom: Well, aren't you stubborn.

Yang: I get it from my mom.

Mom: Well, if that's how you feel, then it sounds like we're done here. Take her away.

The bandits surround us and begin to move in on me and Summer. When I see this, before turning her head back to Raven.

Yang: Did you not hear me? I said send me to Qrow, damn it!

Bandit: That's enough! You watch your mouth in front of our leader!

Yang: Make me.

The Bandit tries to attack Yang, Yang punches the Bandit into a tent, revealing what appears to be Weiss in a cage

Weiss: Yang?

Yang: Weiss?

Summer: You know her?

I nod as I see everyone else present is surprised that the two girls know each other.

Weiss: Alright, well, subtlety is out.

Weiss turns to her miniature knight thing that I saw and makes it grow, destroying the cage in the process. She quickly makes her way towards Yang, with the now giant knight following close behind. I look at it with astonishment. I look at Summer and she looks unimpressed.

Yang: What is that?

Weiss: Don't worry about it. What are you doing here?

I point at my mom.

Yang: Well, that's my mom and she can take us to Ruby.

Mom: Ugh.

Weiss: Your mom kidnapped me?!

I look at Mom

Yang: You kidnapped her?!

Yang, Weiss, Weiss's knight, and Summer turn and run to fight the bandits, but a lightning bolt appears, summoned by the girl, stopping the fight before it starts.

Vernal: Enough!

Raven: Thank you.  If you people don't keep it together this place will be crawling with Grimm

She looks at the girl.

Mom:Vernal Give the girl her weapon back.

The girl now known as Vernal looks surprised at the command, then tosses Myrtenaster to Weiss.

Mom: You three. In my tent. Now.

Yang: Why?

Mom: If you're really going after your sister, then you need to know the truth.

She enters her tent and the bandits go back to their own businesses. Weiss places her hand on her chest in relief. I see Summer go ahead and go inside the tent.

Yang: Sorry about--

Suddenly, Weiss drops her weapon and strongly hugs Yang.

Weiss: I missed you so much.

Yang: I've missed you, too.

I put my hand on the back of Weiss' head and hugs back as her summon disappears. we then release the hug as we go inside the tent as well.

-----------------------------------
I'm in a good mood hope you like it I guess.