Chapter 83

Ruby POV-

We got out the Limo getting invited to Weiss's mansion for a ball. Weiss's father wanted to to talk to Ironwood which only gave me a bad feeling of what was to happen. When I got to the front of the house I was introduced to a boy as I could guess was Weiss's brother, Whitley.

Whitley: Good evening, everyone.

Weiss started to look concerned.

Weiss: Where's Klein?

Whitley responds with a sarcastic smile and somewhat dramatic pose.

Whitley: What an interesting way to say "Hello, dear brother, how have you been?"

He crosses his arms and continues to address Weiss with a frown.

Whitley: I'm afraid you won't find him here. He was let go. I can't imagine why.

Whitley smirks, and upon realizing what he meant, Weiss gasps and looks guilty.

Whitley: General, exactly how large do you think our dining room table is?

Ironwood: I happen to know it's enormous. But most of my guests will be on standby in case the council requests additional eye witnesses. Until then I'm sure they'll be happily celebrating your father's victory.

Whitley forces a sarcastic grin with a smug chuckle, then rolls his eyes as he turns to lead us into the place. Scattered around the room are small groups of formally dressed guests. Waiters roam the room with trays of wine glasses and hors d'oeuvres. Whitley stops in the middle of the room, turns to Ironwood's group and points to his right.

Whitley: For those of you joining us in the dining room, please follow me.

He walks in the direction he pointed, crossing his arms behind his back. Ironwood, Winter, Penny and Clover follow. Clover glances back at the others.

Clover: Wish us luck.

Qrow: I mean, they already invited you, didn't they?

Clover responds with a slight chuckle. A Faunus waiter approaches Qrow and offers him a tray of wine glasses with his rabbit ears folded back.

Waiter: Care for a drink, sir?

Qrow looks at the wine, his eyes widening slightly.

Qrow: Uh... No, n-no thanks.

Qrow waves his hand in rejection and turns to us.

Qrow: I'm going out to patrol you guys have fun.

He leaves us as I sigh as I look around when suddenly I hear Oscar yell.

Oscar: Cako!

I turn to see him talking to a girl with a mask on and had a black cloak. I see Oscar signal me to meet her as I walked up to them.

Oscar: Cako this is Ruby. Ruby this is Cako.

Ruby: It's very nice to meet you Cako.

I give her my hand for a shake as she shakes my hand.

Cako: Same.....

Cako Pov-

Cako(Thoughts): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Ruby POV-

Ruby(Thoughts): She seems nice.

Oscar: This is a friend that I was talking about. I met her while walking around Atlas.

I can see Oscar smile I look at Cako and look at her mask. Her mask actually reminds me of West's mask when we went to the ball back in Beacon.......Wait a minute it can't be.

Cako: A-A-Anyw-w-way I better g-get g-going!

Oscar: Actully what are you-

Before Oscar can say anything else Cako ran away.

Cako: Bye Oscar I'll talk to you later!

She then suddenly fazed through a wall and disappeared. I just their slightly confused as I looked at Oscar.

Ruby: So that's your friend? She seems pretty cool.

Oscar: Yeah but I don't know why she would be here of all places. She doesn't seem like the person to like these type of parties.

POV-

Off somewhere in Mantle their stood a power plant powering all the houses in Mantle and powering the heat for all of Mantle so all they people that live their don't freeze to death. Inside the plant their were a bunch of tiny ant like Grimm filling  the pipes blocking the heat to the city. Consuming the dust in the generators until all you can hear is the sound of everything powering down.

West POV-
I stood on top of a building looking down at the city of Mantle . It was nothing more then a dump here the people are nothing more then bugs that I need to get rid of.

West: I hate this world....

I then heard a signal from one of the Grimm that I made saying that they are ready. This isn't exactly my plan of bringing balance but it will do. Originally this was one of Salem's plans but I'm giving it a little twist.

West: Proceed...

I look over the city seeing the heaters shutting down down since they weren't getting power. I look up in the sky and see the snow falling down. I look and feel the negative energy coming to me as everyone becomes worried about the snow. I then look up and see the snow coming down on me. It was finally silent. The only thing you could hear was the sound of the wind and I felt.........nothing. I contact Cako at the Schnee mansion checking on her progress.

West: Hey Cako hows it going on your end?

Cako: It's been doing fairly well I'm about to tell my "Boss" about their heater problem.

West: Good....Also is our little target dead yet?

Cako: Nope! Never got the golden opportunity to do so. Sorry....

West: Well when you get the chance please dispose of him.

Cako: Roger! Anyway I have more exciting news!

I raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

West: Oh....please do tell?

Cako: I got to meet her! My sister and I'm - Im -

West: By the sound of your voice you seem excited.

Cako: Of course Im happy that I met her! I know I have some of her memories and I already know her to some personal extent but it's so much better to meet them in person!

I smiled a little at her excitement but I took a deep breath and went back to being serious.

West: It's nice that your excited but please stay focused.

Cako: Right will do. I will inform you if anything happens.

She ends the conversation and leaves me be as I look at the snowy night sky. I can only smile as I can feel my right eye glow red.

West: Wait until they see what happens next.

I just leave turning into a cloud of smoke having a low chuckle.

————————————————————————
Hope you enjoyed the chapter see next time I guess.