Chapter 55

West POV-
I was outside of the train station as I was looking at the sky with Summer.

West: So are you coming with us to Atlas?

She giggles a little and looks at me and smiles.

Summer: As much as I would want to I can't.

Her smile fades into a frown.

Summer: Not with Ozpin around.

I nod in understanding as I question her again.

West: So where are you going?

Summer: I'm going back home to Patch with Tai.

West: How will you get their? Ships that travel aren't available anymore since Beacon fell.

Summer: You know how.

She smirks but I just become worried.

West: Summer you shouldn't be using magic to much. You haven't gotten a lot of practice with it and what if something happens.

Summer: Don't worry Dad I'll be fine I'll make sure I don't go past 20 minutes using magic and take pit stops on my way their!

My worry didn't ease but I just sighed.

West: Fine but please don't go over board with it.

She nods as we look back to the sky as we hear Ruby behind us.

Ruby: Hey Mom hey Grand- I mean West.

I just sigh and look at Ruby as Summer does the same.

West: Hello Ruby how are you?

Ruby: I'm fine I'm just wondering when your coming in we leave in an hour.

Summer goes in front of Ruby and hugs her.

Summer: Sorry Ruby but im not coming with you.

Ruby: What?! But where will you go?

Summer: I'm going home to your Dad in Patch.

Ruby: But why not come with us? We could use all the help we can get!

Summer seems to have her smile fade a little bit but puts it back up.

Summer: Don't worry West will be here with you to. Isn't that right "Grandpa" West.

I just sigh as I mumble to myself as I see Summer smile at me and back to Ruby.

Ruby: How will you get back isn't air travel canceled?

She smiles and walks away as she give us her final goodbyes.

Summer: Protect Ruby for me okay Dad.

I nod as I feel the chains of responsibility wrap around me. Summer gives me a hug and starts to walk away but then Summer turns into a white dove and starts to fly away. I look back to Ruby and see the shock on her face as her jaw was wide open.

West: Come on Ruby let's get back to the others okay.

She looks at me and shakes her head and nods at me as we go inside.

We make our way around but suddenly Ruby pretty much left me to look for the rest of the team. When I did I sat down next to them having a little chat then Ruby finally comes back with a smile on her face.

Yang: And?

Ruby shows us behind her back as she screams in joy.

Weiss: What an absolute waste of time--

Yang: What did you get me?

Ruby: You'll have to wait and see!

Yang: No fair!

After Ruby sticks her tongue, Yang attempts to snatch the bag from Ruby, who recoils; then Nora jumps from between them

Nora: Oh, I can't believe we're taking the train to Argus! The beautiful northern coastline... You really think it's too early for beach season?

Ren: Unfortunately, but we will be one step closer to Atlas.

Weiss: Well, I'm glad you're all excited. But I don't think you appreciate the trouble I went through to leave Atlas.

Ruby: I know you're worried, Weiss, but trust us. Team RWWBY won't leave your side for a second! I promise.

I smile but it was interrupted by two dudes with weapons which I can only assume are Huntsman.

Guy 1: No one's gotta be worried with us around.

Nora: Aaaand you are?

Dee: Why Dee and Dudley of course. The Argus Limited's very own Huntsmen. We'll be keeping everyone safe as we pass through Grimm territory.

Dudley: But for a generous tip, we can make sure your passenger car gets extra special attention should things get dangerous.

Dudley winks as Ruby, Weiss, Yang and Nora give unamused looks; Nora has her arms crossed and Weiss rolls her eyes. I stand up and look at them.

West: Yeah, I got a tip for ya. Buzz off.

I stand between Ruby and Yang as they make faces, mocking Dee and Dudly behind me.

West: If this is all Mistrals got then I'm disappointed.

Dee: Hey! You're talking to a Huntsman.

I walk closer to them and my right eye glowing red.

West: Yeah and do you think I care?

They stepped back a little both looking intimidated by me. They soon got their composer back and looked at me.

Dee: Y-yeah well whatever.

They both were leaving but before they did the one named Dudley said something that irritated me.

Dudley: Freak.

They both left as I just sat back down as Ruby came next to me.

Ruby: Thanks.

West:................No problem.

I continue to wait for the train as I remand silent.

(Timeskip)

Ruby Pov-

I was walking to Wests room to check on him. Ever since taking care of those guys he been acting off. Im also going so I can figure out why my mom can turn into a bird like Aunt Raven and Uncle Qrow. When I got there I see him looking out the window but what really hit me was that he had his mask in one hand. His mask was off this might be my only chance to see his face I sneak to get a look I was so close but suddenly he was turning to smoke. Before he fully turned to smoke I got in front of him but only saw his eye before fully turning into smoke only for him to back to normal with his mask on.

West: Ha, Nice try Ruby.

I just smile and start to walk out but said something before I left.

Ruby: Don't worry I wont give up not yet. Maybe next time!

He gives me a nod as I was going back to my room. I was thinking of his eye. It was silver like mine. When I saw it it seemed to sparkle with life but for some reason it seemed so......painful. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard something roar. I look out the the window and see....

Ruby: Grimm....