Chapter 56

Ruby POV-

I get to the top of the train and see Grimm everywhere. Soon the rest joined me as Blake spoke.

Blake: What's the plan, Ruby?

Ruby: Don't let anyone else die!

With that, me and the rest of the team with Qrow charge forward into battle. I was slashing Grimm left and right but I noticed something.

Ruby: Where's West.

Suddenly I hear a roar behind me I turn and see another Grimm behind me as I try to slash at it but before I did its head was cut off and see West in front of me with his mask on. He turns his sword into his handgun and fired at three Grimm flying in the sky taking them down. He turns and looks at me.

West: You okay?

Ruby: I'm fine. Thanks.

I hear something behind me again and see the turrets being turned on it was shooting at the Grimm but it was also attracting more Grimm to the passengers. Suddenly I see one of the turrets turn right at me and seem to be aiming at........West? It fires at West and hits him on the side.
He turns his sword to a gun and fires at the turret destroying it. I run to his side making sure he's okay.

Ruby: You okay?

I look to his side and see the hole in him starting to build itself back together.

West: Fine.

I look and hear more gunfire and see another turret aim at West but then we hear Oscar yell.

Oscar: Tunnel!

I look and see a tunnel closing in on us. West grabs me and seems to use my semblance to get inside. After we get inside we look for the others. When I find them I see Oscar tend to Dudley, who holds his bruised arm in pain. Qrow enters and approaches Dudley.

Qrow: I said, turn those damn things off!

Qrow picks him up and slams him in a wall.

Dudley: Those things are keeping us alive!

Qrow: Us, sure, but they're putting the passengers in danger!

Dudley: I'm the one they hired for this job, okay?! I'm in charge here!

Qrow: Forgive me if I'm not exactly reassured.

While the two argue, I looks out the window and notices the Grimm enter the tunnel, continuing their pursuit of the train. I then look behind West and at the passengers, a baby can be heard crying as passengers murmur among themselves. I then walk forward to Uncle Qrow and Dudley.

Dudley: Get off me!

Qrow: Look, if you bozos had been doing your job instead of shaking down passengers, maybe we wouldn't be in this--

I stop my uncle and walk up to Dudley.

Ruby: Please just shut off the turrets.

Jaune: Trust us, we know what we're doing.

Jaune activates his Semblance to heal Dudley's arm. Dudley looks to us before giving a stern look but then turned to fear as I felt something behind us as he finally gives us an answer.

Dudley: Fine.

I nod and look at the others

Nora: Ren, could you use your Semblance to mask everyone on this train? With the guns off and emotions hidden, they might lose track of us!

Ren: Hm, I never attempted to affect this many people.

Ruby: Well, you've never had Jaune's help before.

Weiss: He could amplify your Aura!

Qrow: Yeah, that's an alright plan.

Nora: Don't look so worried, Ren. You can totally do this!

West: I'm afraid there's one complication...

West steps forward and grabs the Relic from Oscar.

West: The Grimm are also attracted to this.

Qrow: Are you serious?

Oscar begins to glow and looks at us.

Ozpin: I'm afraid so....

Yang: Why wouldn't you tell us that?!

Ozpin: I--

Ruby: It doesn't matter right now.

Yang crosses her arms as West stands their giving back the relic.

Ruby: Every second we're on board this train, we're putting everyone else in danger. Get the passengers to the front cars, you'll still mask the emotions and kill the turrets... we just can't come with you. If we cut the back cars with us and the Relic on them, we can deal with the Grimm. You just make sure the rest of the train makes it safely to Argus.

Upon hearing this, Jaune finishes up healing Dudley's arm and walks over to me with a conflicted expression.

Jaune: Only if you'll promise you'll meet us there.

I smile at him.

Ruby: Promise.

With that, Jaune and his team begins evacuating all of the passengers to the front half of the train while we make our way outside.

The turrets are shut off. Blake jumps down and decouples the train, allowing the front half to continue forward. I look down at my scroll, which shows portraits of my teammates and Nora, the latter's signal low compared to the rest. I look back up and notice the Grimm exiting the tunnel and taking flight once again. The big Grimm lands on the train as I give the signal.

Ruby: Now!

I look at the train as it disappeared from the distance. I see Oscar watching the train as it disappears into the snowstorm, before being attacked by another Grimm.He manages to fend it off temporarily while we take out several Grimm one by one. I notice Oscar's struggle and takes advantage of Weiss taking one down in order to send it crashing into Oscar's problem. Meanwhile, I see Qrow struggling against the Sphinx looking Grimm  and me and my team go to assist him. But then it makes fire out of its mouth and shoots at me knocking me back.

Yang: Ruby!!

I get back up and see it about to shoot another fireball at me but out of nowhere it was struck by lightning and missed its shoot and hits the railroad and dies. West comes to me and takes me inside the train as the train hits the damaged railroad and crashes.

(Dream)

It was dark I felt cold. I open my eyes to only see more darkness I start to walk the abyss trying to find my way out. I suddenly saw the women with long black hair and wore a white dress. She opened her eyes to reveal silver like mine.

Ruby: Hey it's you again!

She didn't respond and had a sad smile on her face.

Women: Help him....help him not become corrupted by the people he was meant to help.....

Ruby: Wait who is he!?

Suddenly the whole area became a blazing fire as I soon became consumed by the flames.....

(Dream end)
I open my eyes to snow. I get up and see everyone also getting up but someone was missing.

Ruby: Where's West?

I start to stand up and look for him but was interrupted by someone else's voice.

???: Still alive!

Everyone looks up and notices the elderly woman, stepping out from the train.

Old Lady: That sure was a close one, huh?

Ruby: What.....