Chapter 27

West POV-

I was making my way towards the arena for the finals. As I was making my way there I see Ruby sitting on a bench alone and by herself. I can feel her negative emotions and walk towards her making sure she's okay.

West: Hey Ruby.

She seems to jump a little as she turns around and looks at me.

Ruby: O-oh Hey West What are you doing here?

West: I should be asking you the same thing? Yangs fight starts in a few minutes.

She had a look of surprise and gets up as she puts on a smile.

Ruby: Well we better get going before we're late.

She starts to walk away but I grab her shoulder putting her to a halt.

West: Ruby.....is their something wrong?

She stood there silently for a second before responding.

Ruby: I'm fine don't worry. Now we better get going before we're late.

She grabs my hand we start to rush to the arena I still wanted to make sure she was ok but I left her alone for now. When we finally got there we took our seats next to Blake and Weiss. I hear Ooblook on the speakers saying the two opponents that are facing each other.

Ooblook: And our next fighters will be Yang Xiolong vs Mercury Black!

West: Woooo you got this Yang!

And soon after that the fight began.

POV-

Port: Three! Two! One! Begin!

Immediately, Yang throws a punch, and Mercury spins his foot to meet it, creating a shockwave between the weapons that launches him back. He closes the distance quickly and aims at her feet with his boot, but she leaps over it and fires off a shot of her Ember Celica that he rotates to avoid. They fight fist-to-fist for a moment, Yang getting in a fiery blast on her opponent at the cost of him also landing a blow on her. She falls back on her feet when Mercury shoots himself into the air to get farther away from her, looking up and smiling.

Yang doesn't relent for a second, launching shot after shot only for Mercury to dodge each of them, sliding around the stage on clouds of air until he attempts to come down on her with his leg. She blocks and pushes away the attack, but he goes under her shotgun burst and manages to land a kick on her, though she still lands in a crouch, now grimacing. She launches forward with a double blast and continues landing blow after blazing blow on him, right up to when he roundhouse kicks her in the back and attempts to hit her with his heel. She gets out just in time and punches he ground trying to get him, but he leaps out and twirls to get a hit on her. One of his kicks seems to pass over her, but then he brings it down hard enough to shatter the steel underneath, which Yang narrowly rolls backward to avoid.

They exchange kicks after this attack until Mercury hits her backwards, and he rushes forward only to receive a fist to his chin, then his torso, knocking him on his stomach. He gets up right as Yang starts raining down fire again, causing him to somersault back until one explosion causes him to get knocked off of the stage. He saves himself by firing his boots downward and flying back in front of his enemy, unleashing a series of kicks that she deflects with her arms. She ducks under one attack only to receive another as Mercury jumps into the air to knock her back, and he follows it up with a shot from his boots. Yang avoids it effortlessly, not noticing it still hanging around behind her.

Switching tactics, Mercury starts shooting his foot out in every direction, each kick into the air accompanied by a silvery blast that are barely even aimed at Yang. She dodges each one coming her way and gets in close through the circling barrage of shots, fighting with their fists again until Mercury kicks her into the air and knocks her right back to the ground, followed by the dozens of swirling shots that now converge right on to Yang.

When the blasts stop coming down on his opponent, Mercury gets up from his crouch and grins to himself, dusting off his outfit and seeming as happy as can be until the smoke from behind him erupts into flames. His momentary shock turns into another smile as he turns around to see the red-eyed Yang slam her knuckles together and come at him. Screaming, she lands a punch that sends him back, and she rushes up avoiding each kick and even taking one with no effect to pound at him with an unrelenting bombardment of left-right blows. He has enough time to let out a pained groan before she hits him in the stomach, his Aura sparkling up to try and defend him from the last hit to the face by the upset blonde. He lands on his back as the buzzer sounds over the roars of the audience.

Port: What a way to kick off the finals!

Oobleck:Yang Xiao Long wins!

Ruby: Yeah! You did it, sis!

Blake: Way to go, Yang!

Yang looks at Mercury with a big smirk on her face.

Yang:Better luck next time.

She starts walking to the exit, getting pretty far away before Mercury seems to get up outside her peripheral vision.

Mercury: There's not going to be a next time, Blondie!

A sharp sound is heard in the sudden silence as Yang turns around just in time to see Mercury leap forward with a kick to his unsuspecting victim. Yang scowls as she just manages to both bring her gauntlet down on and shoot his leg before he hits her. The second she does so, there is a sound of something breaking. The audience gasps in shock, and Mercury reels back from the pain.

West- Oh no.

Before Yang can say something to Mercury Atlas guards came and we're going to arrest Yang.

Guard: Yang Xiao Long you are under arrest.

Yang: But he attacked me!

Yang looks up at the screen and her eyes are filled with horror as she sees herself punching Mercury in the leg without him doing anything.
They come closer to Yang as they have their guns ready to fire.

Guard: Yang Xiao Long stand down.

Yang starts to raise her hands in the air as the guards puts her in cuffs as they walked away. Soon the people there started to leave with scared or angry expressions as West left with one question. Why did Yang attack Mercury?

————————————————————————

Hope you liked the chapter and I'll see you in the next one I guess. I might update two tomorrow because why not....