Chapter 37

West POV-
The day was cloudy I'm walking with the others staying behind as we make our way to Mistral.

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Beside her, Jaune reads a map while Ruby and Ren continue alongside her.

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

Jaune: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Ren: Walking.

Ruby sighs in disappointment.

Ruby: Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

Jaune: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

Jaune: What?!

Black: HAHAHAHA!!

Ruby: Okay, fine! Three or something!

She looks away from Jaune as I just chuckle from behind them while Black was laughing like a maniac........for some reason.

Ruby: Look, whatever.

Ruby looks up again and notices something ahead.

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

I see Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

Jaune: That's... strange. I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora: Are those buildings... damaged?

Jaune: We should search for survivors!

Jaune drops the map and all four go running into the village, I stay behind and continue walking. When I get there I see Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop. I look around and can tell that the buildings have been abandoned a long time ago from the overgrowth in plants.

Ruby: Anything?

Nora: Nothing over here!

Jaune: No one over here, either!

Ren: It almost seems like... the town was abandoned.

Ruby looks around with the others, I can tell she is feeling uneasy.

Nora: Hey, I think I found something!

I see Ruby turn and she rushes over to Nora, Jaune and Ren are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says.

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it.

Jaune: Me neither.

West: I have.

The four look at me, surprise on Nora and Ruby's faces.

West: You might think of it as Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. A long time ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run.

As I was speaking I was walking around looking at all the unfinished buildings

West: Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future.

Ruby: What happened?

West: Obvious what always happens.

I brush some dirt off of the stone border of a low wall to reveal claw marks.