Chapter 65

West POV-

After we heard Maria's story I was amazed. Amazed that was the day when I lost my pet bird. I looked at everyone and see their wide eyed expressions. I look at Qrow and he seems astonished.

Qrow: I can't believe it. You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared...

Oscar: How exactly does a legend just disappear?

West(Thoughts): By not wanting to exist.

Qrow: You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper.

Maria: Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way.

Blake: How can you say that?

Maria: Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already.

Upon hearing this, I look at Yang and see her look down sadly.

Maria: It's... comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape.

Ruby: Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me to use my powers the way you did.

As Maria looks back at Ruby, I hear Ruby's Scroll ringtone. Ruby pulls her Scroll out and gasps in excitement.

Ruby: It's Jaune!

Yang stops her bike, looking back in surprise. Everyone says "Huh?" as they wonder how Jaune contacted them. I just sat there being silent.

Weiss: How?

Ruby answered her scroll.

Ruby: Uh, hello?

We all heard Jaune on the scroll.

Jaune: Ruby! Oh, thank you! I've been checking my Scroll for your signal since we made it to the city!

Ruby: The city? Wait...

We all look ahead and see the city and see what I can only guess is Argus. Yang looks back at us and smiles.

Yang: Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Argus.

(Timeskip)

Nora: Cute! Boy! OZ!!!

Is what I hear in the distance as I was standing around. I see Oscar look over in confusion, only to get tackle hugged by Nora.

Nora: Oh, come here!

Jaune and Ren also arrive.

Ren: Are you all okay?

Jaune: We were so worried!

Yang: It's been kind of a crazy trip.

Weiss: That's an understatement.

Nora: Wait, who's the old lady?

West: Her name is Maria she just popped up and yeah.

I see Yang,Weiss and Blake give me uncomfortable looks as Blake speaks.

Blake: I'm so glad you're all safe.

Weiss: Seriously...

Nora: Ah! You're gonna love this place!