Chapter 33

West POV-
We get back to the village and see the mayor waiting for us. We make our way to him and he noticed us making our way to him.

Mayor: Did you take care of the Grimm.

West: Yes we did.

He seems to have a sigh of relief as he looks back at us.

Mayor: We truly can't thank you enough.

Ruby: Just doing our job, sir.

Mayor: That Grimm had been plaguing our village for weeks. We were beginning to wonder if we'd have to relocate.

Ruby: Well, we are on our way to Mistral. You could always come along with us if you don't feel safe.

I look around at the scene of the idyllic life in the village are shown. People buy fresh produce from a cart, stand and chat on open balconies overlooking the roads, tend to their horses and generally go about their daily lives peacefully. The village has plentiful trees and green spaces and cobbled roads. I look back at the mayor amused.

Mayor:Ha. I take it you're not from these parts. Anima is a large continent. I'm afraid our people would never survive the long trek to Mistral. It may be safer in the Kingdoms, but we prefer our way of life. I just wish we could pay you more.

Ren: Our previous arrangement is more than sufficient.

Team RNJR and I bow respectfully.

We start to make our way to a shop as the shop door closes. At a counter, a burly man with horns sets down a set of armor.

Blacksmith: There you go, son. It's going to be heavier than what you're used to, but you'll thank me the next time you go up against a set of claws.

Jaune: Wow. That-eh. I don't know what to say.

Blacksmith: Don't gotta say anything! Just put it on! I'll go get the rest.

The Faunus blacksmith turns and goes out back.

Nora: So, what are you waiting for?

Jaune: Oh, uh, right!

Jaune takes off his old chestplate. He looks at his old chest plate and smiles

Jaune: Guess I was going to grow out of it eventually.

Ren: A sign of progress.

Jaune: Progress.

Jaune turns around, and Ruby gasps then covers her mouth and tries not to giggle I just look at him keeping my silence.

Jaune: What is it?

Ruby points at Jaunes shirt still trying to keep in her laugh.

Ruby:What is that?!

Their was a bunny emblem on Jaune's chest.

Jaune: What, my hoodie? I've always had this.

Ruby: It's got a cute little bunny rabbit!

Ruby laughs as Ren and Nora begin to snicker while I just smile but no one can see my smile.

Jaune: It's Pumpkin Pete! You know, from the cereal?

Ruby: What did you do?! Send in a box top for a prize?

Jaune: Yeah! Fifty!

Ruby continues to laugh hysterically, before she falls onto the floor. I was almost worried that she wouldn't be able to breath. I just shrugged it off and start to make my way outside.

Ren: Where are you going?

West: I'm going outside look around the village before we leave.

Ren: Okay we'll meet you at the exit when we're about to leave.