Chapter 52

West Pov-

I am sitting in the living room with Summer having a drink of black coffee as Summer had some green tea.We sat there in silence as we hear the clock ticking in the background. I finish my coffee and look at Summer taking the last sip of her tea.

West: Ready to go?

She closed her eyes thinking as I just look to the ceiling she opened her eyes their was a flare of red coming from her right eye but it was only a second as she looked at me and nodded.

West: Then lets get going shall we.

We both get up and walk out of the building.

POV-

Ruby was watching them fight but is snapped out of her distraction by Emerald. She then transforms them their revolver forms and fires at Ruby, who twirls around blocking Emerald's shots.

Ruby: Why are you doing this?! Salem's--

Emerald: I don't care about Salem! But I owe Cinder everything. You want to fight her that bad? Be my guest.

Emerald then activates her hallucination Semblance, creating a wall of fire which Cinder emerges from and charges at Ruby. Suddenly, Cinder's form disappears, while Emerald trips Ruby. Ruby fires a bullet that narrowly misses Weiss, who is blocking Vernal's shots with Myrtenaster. Weiss attempts to summon, but Vernal is too quick and prevents her from doing so. Eventually, Weiss manages to launch Vernal out of the way and prepares to summon again. Suddenly, Vernal appears in front of her and lands an attack that depletes Weiss' aura. Weiss lets out a pained scream. Jaune hears this and looks in her direction as tears well up in his eyes.

Cinder: Are you going to let her die too?

Jaune: Stop messing with me!

Cinder: If that's what you want...

Cinder then ignites her sword, which is now fully coated in flames. Cinder and Jaune proceed forward to clash. Ruby looks behind her and notices this. She briefly thinks back to the moment when Pyrrha dies, and her eyes start to shine bright again.

Ruby: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

A bright light engulfs the area but dies down when Ruby is knocked unconscious by Emerald. Suddenly, Cinder falls to her knees, holding her arm in pain. She looks up, and barely misses Jaune's attack as it chips her mask that conceals the left side of her face. As Cinder moves out of the way, Jaune trips and falls. Cinder gets back up enraged, activating her Maiden power while doing so. She then steps on top of Jaune to hold him down.

Cinder: Did you think you actually had a chance against me?! You?!!

Jaune struggles to reach for his weapon while Cinder calms herself and deactivates her Maiden power.

Cinder: You're just a failure with a death wish.

Jaune was strugling trying to get out of Cinders grasp.

Jaune: If I die buying them time, then it's worth it. They're the ones that matter.

Cinder looks to Jaune's comrades as they fight against their respective foes, before smiling evilly back down to him.

Cinder: You think so?

She then notices Weiss get knocked back several feet away, and begins to slowly proceed toward her while she conjures an obsidian spear.

Jaune: No...

Jaune watches helplessly while Cinder continues to advance towards Weiss

Jaune:NOOOOOOO!!!