Chapter 70

Ruby POV-

We had finally made it to Atlas it looked amazing although their were a bunch of Atlas airships flying around for some reason. I look behind me and see everyone standing up looking at the Atlas airships with me while I see West sitting down with his hands clutching his head. He seemed like he was in pain as I got closer to him.

Ruby: H-hey West you doing okay...

He doesn't respond as he keeps his head down I can hear him mumbling something but I couldn't understand what he was saying. I got close and grabbed his shoulder and shook him a little. He stops mumbling and slowly looks at me his mask having a few cracks on it needing a replacement.

Ruby: You doing okay...

I give him a smile but I couldn't get this feeling of fear out of me. He looks back down and speaks.

West: I'm fine.....Thanks for asking...

I just give him a nod as I hear the radio go off with a women's voice.

Radio: Manta 5-1. Welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over.

I continue to look at the ships flying around like their getting ready for something.

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know.

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so I guess we land and get some answers.

Weiss: I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father.

Blake gains a saddened look, while me and Yang look at each other, uncertain of what to do.

Qrow: I think we need to ditch the ship.

Maria: I can't argue with that.

We start to head towards Mantle and defend to the ground to somewhere secluded where one can see us. We soon all get off the ship and go into an alleyway making sure the cost is clear. As we were walking I could feel someone grab my shoulder and stop me seeing West behind me as I look at him. It was strange this time I wasn't scared of him like on the ship instead it felt normal.

Ruby: What's up?

West: I'm leaving....

My eyes widen in shock wondering why he would leave.

Ruby: What do you mean we need you-

Before I can say anything else he interrupted me.

West: Sorry I need to clear my head...and I think everyone else doesn't want me around anyway....

Ruby: But-

Before I can say anything else he disappeared into black rose petals. I sigh as I hear Qrow call me.

Qrow: Come on you coming or what?

I start to catch up and see all the soldiers marching down the street.

Maria: Come on now, hurry! It shouldn't be much of a walk.

Jaune: Is this many soldiers normal?

Weiss: No. At least, I didn't think so.

Suddenly I hear Yang kick something, knocking it out of the air and causing it to tumble into the street, where it is struck by a car.

Yang: Ooh...

I see everyone turn to Yang staring at her. She awkwardly shifts her posture with a sheepish smile.

Yang: Maybe we should pick up the pace.

Everyone resumes walking.

Maria: You have to remember, the Kingdom had just lost the Great War. The people of Mantle needed a sign of a brighter future, and that sign was Atlas. After all, a home in the clouds is as bright as it gets.

I look up at the City of Atlas, while the earlier broadcast from Winter plays once again nearby. A pair of trucks drive by with miners, covered in black material, sitting in the beds. Posters depicting a white-haired woman are plastered across one of the buildings that the trucks pass, with the text "PROTECT MANTLE" printed on them.

Winter: We are here for your safety. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ruby(Thoughts): Well that doesn't sound really reassuring...

We continue our way to the place we had to be at.

West Pov-

I stood in front of a lake. A lake that was trashed and dirty that someone would get sick from swimming in it. You could even see the dead decaying fish floating on top of the water. I could only feel angry at how messed up this place was. It was where I buried Mary because of how beautiful the view was. She loved coming here with me but now its a disgusting waste.

I could feel fragments popping up in my head like memories that have been suppressed for a very long time. These memories only made me angrier. I started to remember my past with the Brother Gods and how much worse humanity treated me like some playable toy. I heard some footsteps coming up behind me, but I didn't even turn around.

???: Hey what are you doing here kid. This is private property!

Someone owns this place. Someone thinks that they can own this lake and dirty it with their filthy greed.

???: Hey do you even hear me, Hello!

My anger only grew knowing someone has destroyed Mary's sanctuary so she can rest in peace. My memories are now pieced together and the only thing I can feel is..........Rage...

West: Excuse me sir could you tell me who owns this so called property.

???: Its owned by the Schnee Dust Company since this lake was full of dust but all the dust got taken out so its pretty much useless.

West:.....Useless....

???: Yeah anyway you better leave or Ill have to arrest you.

I give this poor arrogant man a sigh.

West: You know I'm really tired....

???: I'm sorry I couldn't-*SPLAT*

I start to turn around smiling a little to see the mans guts and blood spilling out and crushed like a pancake. I soon walk away from Mary's grave after giving her a goodbye flower gift.

West: I'm really tired of getting the short end of the stick......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: ZZZ....

*Slap!!*

Author: Ow!

Author looks behind him to see West with a broom in hand.

Author: What was that for!!

West: Rest is for the weak Author....you must continue the story....

Author: In a little bit, I'm tired.

Author turns around to go back to sleep but sees Lisa with her knife in hand staring at him with killing intent...

Lisa: Hi.

Author: Hi.....

Author turns to see West with his right eye glowing red as he makes himself look threatening.

Author: Okay then :)......

[Did you actually think I would take a break.....well you were wrong!! Never!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah!!!!]