Part One - Chapter Five: Spain vs. Switzerland

“Isn’t this exciting?” Cassidy said bouncing around making Mia look at her, she couldn’t believe that she was getting paid to sit around and watch a football match.

It didn’t matter to the blonde that she didn’t like the sport, only that she could see men running around.

Mia was dressed in a red metal trim swing cami and black high waisted skinny jeans paired with black sandal boot, she sighed as she leant back in her chair as she watched the team’s warm up for the match.

“Do I look okay?” Cassidy asked suddenly making Mia look at her, she knew that everything was about looking good for her cousin; she didn’t know why Cassidy thought that dressing like she had just stepped off the runway was appropriate wear for a football match.

“You look fine,” Mia muttered turning her attention back to the match, she could care less what her cousin was wearing; they were there to work and nothing else, she didn’t know why the blonde thought that she would get a boyfriend out of this.

Cassidy smiled smoothing out her clothes and looked at her phone, she couldn’t wait for the match to be over so she could mingle with the footballers and find herself a new boyfriend; she hated sports and had only volunteered so that she could have a bit of fun with the footballers.

Mia bounced her knee as she waited for the start of the match, she had been spending a lot of time with Iker in the led up to the match and she was surprised just how laid back and relax he really was; she didn’t know what she had been expecting when she had met Iker but he was completely different.

***

Mia frowned as she watched the players leave the pitch at the end of the match, Spain had lost their opening match to Switzerland and she knew that everyone was going to be in a sour mood when they went back to the hotel.

Mia pushed herself to her feet as she thought about what she needed to do; she spotted Sara across the way as she prepared to interview Iker after the match.

Mia headed down to the tunnel and looked at the goalkeeper, she could see that he was upset about how things had gone during the match and was blaming himself for what had happened.

Mia jogged to his side knowing that he had interviews to do, she glanced at him wondering what she could say about what had happened; she doubted that he would be interested in hearing what she had to say.

“You have an interview with Sara Carbonero,” Mia said gently making Iker nod his head, he didn’t look at Mia as they headed towards the area where the interview would take place; his mind was only focused on how he had let his team down by allowing Gelson Fernandes to score.

Mia stopped while Iker walked into the area, she ignored the look that Sara shot at her before she began to interview Iker; the reporter seemed almost annoyed with her boyfriend about something.

Mia listened quietly to what was being said as she watched Iker, she could see that he was trying to hide how he felt; he seemed so intense that it made Mia wonder briefly what he was thinking about.

The interview ended quickly and Sara completely ignored Iker as she strutted away, she didn’t even seem to care that he needed her right now; the defeat had been hard on him and he needed someone to talk to.

“You okay?” Mia asked as Iker walked passed her and started towards the locker room, the brunette was quickly after him knowing that he needed to talk to someone; she doubted holding onto what had happened was going to be good for him.

Iker looked at her as they headed towards the locker room, his brown eyes watched her for a moment before he gruffly nodded his head.

“Well if you ever needed someone to rant to… I’m all ears,” Mia said smiling at Iker, she watching Iker pause for a moment then head straight into the locker room; Mia sighed wondering what the next match would hold, she wasn’t sure that she liked grumpy Iker.

“What crawled up his arse and died?” Cassidy asked as walking past Mia, she seemed to be the only person that was in a good mood and Mia knew that it was for less than pleasant reasons; the blonde wanted a fling over the tournament.

***

“I think you need a stress reliever,” Xavi muttered watching Iker glare at the television as if it had just offend him in some way just be exciting.

Iker glare at him, he had been moping since they had returned to the hotel and Xavi wasn’t sure that he could deal with a sulking Iker.

The midfielder sighed moving to sit down next to his friend, he needed the other man to cheer up and stop blaming himself for what had happened.

“Why don’t you do what you do for the Euros?” Xavi suggested knowing that Iker needed some stress relief, he already had an assistant and he doubted that she would have a better use than this; Iker looked at him as if thinking about what he was saying.

“I have a girlfriend,” Iker said making Xavi frown, he doubted that Sara was being faithful to Iker especially since she had pretty much insisted on a taking a break before the tournament; if she was having fun then why couldn’t Iker.

“One that wanted to take a break after a year… think about it Mia is your type,” Xavi said to his friend, he knew what Iker liked and it was something that they had bonded over in the past; however since his friend had started dating Sara things hadn’t been the same.

Iker stared at his best friend, he knew where Xavi was going with this and he had to admit that while he was interested he knew it wouldn’t be a good idea.

“I’ll go and get Mia for you… then I’ll leave the two of you alone,” Xavi said patting his hand on Iker’s back, he knew that all his friend needed was a push in the right direction.

Mia furrowed her brow hearing someone knocking at her hotel room door, the brunette glanced at the bathroom where Cassidy was; she rolled her blue eyes before she climbed off the couch and walked over to the door.

“Hola… Iker asked me to tell you that he needs you in his room,” Xavi said making Mia nod her head, she made sure that she had her room key before she stepped out of the room and smiled at Xavi; she quickly headed towards Iker’s room while Xavi disappeared somewhere else.

Mia knocked on the door and waited for a moment, she smiled as Iker opened the door and allowed her to enter; she furrowed her brow as she noticed that there was something off about him.

“So what do you need me for?” Mia asked making Iker run a hand through his hair, he couldn’t believe that Xavi had dropped him in the deep end like this; he hadn’t wanted to try anything with Mia but now she was here he couldn’t resist.

“I have a small proposition for you… an extension to your current duties,” Iker said making Mia nod her head before she sat down, she didn’t know what it was but she didn’t think it could be that bad.