Part One - Chapter Thirteen: Being a Couple

Iker smirked kissing his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her, he couldn’t believe that he was finally able to be alone with her without worrying about anyone walking in on them.

Mia ran her fingers through Iker’s hair, she smiled as she pulled back knowing that they had to move this to her bedroom; the footballer didn’t let her move far before he kissed her softly again.

“Shall we order room-service?” Iker asked continuing to kiss Mia, he was completely content with his life and he knew that he wasn’t going to mess this up anytime soon; things between them were going so well lately that everything was going to be okay.

Mia nodded her head making Iker smile as he kissed her again, his hands moving to cup her face knowing that he needed to talk to her about what would happen when he returned to Spain; he didn’t want to lose her at any point.

“So what do you fancy for dinner?” Iker said pulling back from his girlfriend and moved to get the menu, he knew that Xavi was relieved that they were spending the night away from him; he’d walked in on the couple a few times since they had started dating and they didn’t want to put him through that for much longer.

“I’m fine with anything,” Mia said sitting down and looked at him, she couldn’t believe that someone like him was interested in her; she was aware of the age gap between them, Iker was twenty-nine years old while she was only twenty-four since her birthday was in November.

Iker checked through the menu for a moment, he could tell that she was thinking about something and he hoped that it wasn’t going to take away how he felt about all of this; he really cared about her and didn’t want to lose her.

***

“What are you thinking about?” Iker asked as they finished dinner, he tilted his head watching Mia knowing that the rest of his team-mates would be hovering about the corridor and their hotel rooms now; he hadn’t seen any of them since he had come to spend the evening with his girlfriend.

Mia nibbled on her lip, she brushed some hair from her face as she looked at him; she had hoped he hadn’t noticed that she had been thinking while he had been with her.

“Nothing,” Mia said watching him, she knew that everything was going to be okay for them; she had never felt like this before and she was sure that it would be okay no matter what happened at the end when Iker had to leave to go back to Spain.

Iker took her hand knowing that whatever it was, was playing on her mind and he wished that she would open up with him about everything; he knew that there time together was short.

“Mia por favor,” Iker said bringing her hand to his lips and brushed it against them, his dark brown eyes watched her as she looked at him; she swallowed wondering how she had gotten so lucky to have someone like him in her life and who wanted her like this.

“What’s going to happen when you go back to Spain?” Mia asked looking at him, she knew that he would be a little surprised but she needed to know; she cared about him too much to allow anything to happen to what they had now.

Iker stared at her for a moment before he sighed, he had been looking for a way to have this conversation with her for a while now and he was a little surprised that she was the one to bring this up.

“I want you to come back to Madrid with me… even if it’s only for a few weeks,” Iker said knowing that he couldn’t ask for her to give up her life and home for him; at least not when they had only been together for a week.

Mia blinked staring at him, she knew that this was clearly something that he had thought about a lot recently; they hadn’t been together long but it was clear that they were both serious about making this work.

“I would never ask you to give up your life here for me… but I want you to see my life in Spain,” Iker said watching her, he hoped that she would consider what he was asking especially since they were both risking a lot by being together.

Iker wanted to be with her more than anything and he wanted her to hopefully warm to his life in hopes that when they did settle down that she would consider the move to Madrid to be with him.

“You want me to come back to Spain with you?” Mia asked to be sure that she had heard him right, he had to be serious about them if he was thinking about this; she took a deep breath thinking about what he had said.

Iker watched Mia, he was sure that she would love Spain and would get used to coming to visit him there; he wanted this to work.

***

“Morning sleepyhead,” Cassidy said walking into her cousin’s bedroom without knocking, she grinned as Mia snapped up and looked at her shocked.

Mia held her bed sheet to her chest as she stared at her cousin shocked before Cassidy walked back out of the bed room and shut the door behind her.

Mia watched the door closed and took a deep breath as Iker sat up and pressed a kiss to her neck, he grinned as she relaxed at his touch; they had been lucky that Cassidy hadn’t caught them when she had barged into the bedroom.

“That was close,” Iker muttered wrapping his arms around Mia’s bare waist and continued to kiss her neck, he could feel her heartbeat flutter as he found her pulse and kissed it softly; they didn’t need Cassidy discovering their relationship since she was a threat to their secret.

Mia nodded her head as she took a deep breath, she looked back at her boyfriend as he slowly pulled her back into the warm bed; it was still very early and they had a good few hours before training started, Cassidy had only barged into the room to be a nuisance and nothing more.

“We’ll have to sneak you out,” Mia whispered turning to look at Iker, he nodded his head with a smile as he kissed her lips; once Cassidy was asleep that she wouldn’t be getting up anytime soon.

“Iker…” Mia warned as he moved above her, she knew where he was going with this but they’d already had one close call that morning and she didn’t think that Cassidy would be able to keep quiet for anything in the world.

Iker chuckled pressing his lips against hers, he had no intentions of leaving before he truly had to; he hadn’t been with her like this in days and he doubted that Xavi would be pleased if he took this back to his room for the rest of the morning.

“Don’t worry so much,” Iker mused his brown eyes met with blue ones, he was sure that what he had with Mia was unique; he had never thought that she was the one that he would want like this, something had changed between them and he liked it.

Mia sighed surrendering to Iker’s wants, she had a feeling that she wouldn’t be able to deny him much anyway; she moaned into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

Mia just hoped that Cassidy was too drunk to hear what they were about to do, she knew that the blonde wanted to be the one to bed a footballer and wouldn’t welcome the idea that Iker had chosen her.