Part One - Chapter Nine: Jealous Matters

Iker glared at David as he watched the other man wait for Mia, he couldn’t believe that things were over between them; in the few short hours since she had ended their fling, he hadn’t been able to forget about her.

Iker knew that Mia had ended things because they were both getting attached but the more that he thought about it, the more Iker regretted letting her go; she was more of a match for him than Sara had ever been and he was curious about how things would have worked out for them.

Iker frowned as Mia stepped out of the lift dressed in a red shoulder pad shell dress paired with black metal heel peep-toe platform sandals; he swallowed realising that she could have done that for him, he ran a hand through his hair as she hugged the head volunteer.

“You okay?” Xavi asked approaching his friend, Iker hadn’t been the same since the talk that he had with Mia; he had a feeling that there was something going on and he knew that his friend had grown more than attached to Mia.

Iker nodded his head running a hand through his hair, his eyes focused on Mia as she left the hotel with David; he couldn’t bring himself to look away knowing that maybe he had made a mistake in letting her go so soon.

“Iker… you both did the right thing,” Xavi said resting a hand on Iker’s shoulder, he watched him knowing that his friend was hurting and Iker had to focus on the match; he didn’t want anything to distract his friend with an important match coming up.

***

Mia laughed shouldering her gold mini across body satchel, she’d had fun while she was having lunch with David and it had helped her take her mind off the end of her fling with Iker; she knew she was going to have to stay strong so that she didn’t fall into that trap again, it would only led to hurt.

“Thank you for tonight… I’ve had a lot on my mind lately,” Mia said knowing better than to talk about what had happened between her and Iker; she would lose her job if it was discovered that she’d been sleeping with the footballer and she doubted he was worth the risk now that they had parted.

David nodded his head carefully taking Mia’s hand, he was glad that she had agreed to go on a date with him; he had been thinking about asking her out since they met and he had been so sure she’d have a boyfriend or something.

“It was no problem,” David said smiling at her, he carefully tugged her closer as they walked back to the hotel; he didn’t know what it was but he could tell she had been sort of distracted at lunch and he wondered if there was something bothering her.

Mia glanced behind them and frowned as she noticed Iker still following them; she had noticed him when they had headed to the café for lunch, he had followed them for their entire date and she couldn’t help but wonder what was going on.

“So maybe we could do this again soon?” David asked pleased with how things had gone, Mia was sure he hadn’t noticed that they were being followed by the footballer and she was a little surprised that he hadn’t noticed.

Mia nodded her head as she smiled at him, they stepped silently into the hotel and she pressed a kiss to David’s cheek before he hurried away so that he wasn’t late for work; Mia sighed as she watched him go, she knew that Iker would follow after her.

Stepping into the lift, Mia took a deep breath as she leant against the back wall as Iker quickly stepped inside; he didn’t look at her as the doors closed and the two of them were left in the lift alone together.

Mia eyed the footballer as she crossed her arms and watched him, she didn’t know what it was but she felt a little awkward about being alone with him.

Mia was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn’t notice Iker reach forward and press the emergency stop button; she was curious why he had been following her and David.

Mia jumped surprised as the lift suddenly came to a stop, she stared wide-eyed at Iker as he ran a hand through his hair; he took a deep breath as he turned to look at her, Iker knew that he shouldn’t have followed her like that but he hadn’t been able to resist.

“You have no idea how it felt watching you with him,” Iker said shaking his head approaching Mia, he placed both of his arms on either side of her head trapping her between him and the wall; his brown eyes were dark and made Mia shift nervously as she wondered what was going on with him.

Iker closed his eyes as he rested his head against Mia’s, he hadn’t been able to shake the feeling that he was going to regret this but he couldn’t continue pretending that he hadn’t gotten attached to her.

Mia had made such an impact on him in a week that he was prepared to turn his back on Sara for her.

“Iker… we agreed that this wasn’t going to work, I can’t keep having sex with you,” Mia said shaking her head looking up at him, her stomach lurched as he opened his brown eyes and looked at her with so much passion in her eyes.

“I know but I can’t Mia, I want you and not just in my bed,” Iker said shaking his head as he carefully dropped it lower and brushed his lips against hers; he shifted closer and allowed himself to kiss her briefly before he pulled back, he rested his head against hers as he watched her closely.

Mia opened her mouth speechless as she tried to wrap her head around what he had said, she hadn’t thought that he would get attached to her like she was to him; she closed her mouth as she tried to think of something to say.

“I want you Mia… I have never felt like this before and I’ll do whatever it takes to make you mine,” Iker said watching her face closely, he had talked with Xavi before going to the café and his friend had told him that he needed to make a decision.

Iker had to choose between Sara and Mia, he had to make sure that he choose the woman that meant everything to him.

“Iker… you know that in a couple of weeks, you’ll be going back to Spain,” Mia said shaking her head, her heart beat quickly in her chest as she thought about what he was doing for her; this was going to end well for either of them especially since she lived in South Africa and he was from Spain.

Iker sighed brushing some hair from her face, his brown eyes searched hers as he tried to think of something, anything that would make her stay with him.

“I know but I’ll do anything for you,” Iker said softly before he kissed her nose, he nudged his head softly against hers and dipped his head down to kiss her lips; his arms moving away from the wall to wrap around her body and pull her close.

Mia moaned softly as she realised that this was a risk that she needed to take, she wrapped her arms gently around his neck and deepened the kiss; they’d have to be careful since she would be in a lot of trouble if Vicente discovered that she was starting a relationship with Iker.

“Okay,” Mia whispered agreeing, she kissed Iker knowing that she was going to have to take this risk and she wasn’t sure when she was making the right decision; Iker was going to have to end things with Sara completely.

“You won’t regret this Mia,” Iker whispered pulling back from her, his eyes locked on her blue eyes as he thought about what he was doing; Sara was his past and Mia was his future.