Part One - Chapter Thirty-Three: Hospital Trips

“Lo siento mucho,” Sergio said looking at Mia, he really hadn’t meant to hurt her and he knew that Iker was going to kill him when he found out what had happened; it had been an accident but he doubted that Iker would see it that way.

Mia smiled at him reassuringly waiting to be called in to see a doctor, her right wrist hurt and she was grateful that Sergio had brought her to the hospital.

Mia had been delivering some paper work to one of the staff when she’d been knocked to the ground by a stray football courtesy of Sergio Ramos.

“I’m fine, it’s just a little sore,” Mia said trying to reassure the footballer, she chewed on her lip knowing that Fernando had hurried off to inform Iker about what had happened; she wasn’t sure how her boyfriend of three weeks would react to the news that she had been dragged off to hospital by one of his team-mates like this.

Sergio nodded his head as he eyed the slightly swollen wrist, he knew from experience that whatever was wrong with her wrist, it merited a visit to see a doctor; he knew it was the least that he could do for her.

“Mia Trevanion,” the nurse called making Mia push herself to her feet, she cradled her wrist knowing that it wasn’t broken; she hoped not since it would only cause her problems flying to Madrid with Iker.

Sergio was quickly on his feet as he smiled at Mia, he had no intentions in leaving Mia alone until he was sure that she was okay; her wrist was clearly hurting her more than she was letting on.

The nurse smiled politely as she led the brunette to an examination room, she glanced at Sergio and couldn’t stop her eyes from checking him out as she signalled for Mia to take a seat.

“So what seems to be the problem?” the nurse asked sitting down and looked at Mia, she glanced at the way that Mia was holding her wrist; she could only guess what had happened.

Sergio looked around the white walls of the examination room, he wrinkled his nose at the smell and he looked at Mia knowing that it wouldn’t be long now until Iker showed up.

“I had a fall while at work and I hurt my wrist,” Mia said holding up her wrist, she brushed some hair from her face with her good hand as the nurse carefully took her hand to have a look at it.

The nurse pursed her lips as she checked over the hand, turning it this way and that making Mia whimper as Sergio watched her concerned.

The nurse nodded her head as if deciding on what to do next, she looked at Mia as she made a quick not while Sergio watched her concerned; he didn’t like the look in the nurse’s face.

“We’ll send you for an x-ray just to be sure… but it looks like you have a sprained wrist,” the nurse said smiling at Mia, she quickly typed on her computer to organise the scan for the brunette.

***

Iker burst into the hospital with Fernando hot on his heel, he’d been in an interview when he had discovered what had happened; anger bubbled in his veins as he looked around trying to find his girlfriend.

His brown eyes however landed on Sergio who was sat in the waiting room as Fernando quickly attempted to calm Iker as the footballer stormed towards the Sevillian who suddenly looked terrified.

“What did you do?” Iker snarled grabbing a hold of Sergio, who squeaked in surprise as he tried to get away from his friend; he had known that the goalkeeper would be far from pleased about what had happened but it had truly been an accident.

Sergio struggled against the hold that Iker had on him, he looked at Fernando for help as his friend hurried forward to stop the captain from damaging the defender.

“Iker,” called a voice making Iker drop his friend and turned to look at his girlfriend, he sighed in relief as moved towards her relieved to see that she was okay.

Mia’s wrist was compressed with a bandage and she was still wearing her plum sleeveless boyfriend vest and high waist skinny ankle grazer jeans with raw hem paired with classic black and white lace up trainers that she had been wearing that morning.

“Are you okay?” Iker asked carefully taking her hand and looked at it, he couldn’t believe that she had been hurt and he hadn’t been there to help her; he brushed his fingers gently against her wrist worried.

Mia smiled up at her boyfriend as she made sure that she had her prescription for the anti-inflammatory painkillers and instructions about how to look after her arm.

“I’m fine… it’s just a grade 2 sprained wrist,” Mia reassured him as she glanced behind him at Sergio, who was staring at them relieved that she was okay.

Iker brought her hand to his lips and kissed it, his fingers brushing against her swollen wrist and he watched her; he couldn’t believe that she was okay, he had been so worried when he had heard.

Fernando watched the couple with a small smile on his face, he had never thought that he would see Iker like this and he had to admit that it was amazing to see.

Sara had tried so hard to change Iker into someone he wasn’t and was always more interested in her own work, she never attended a match for her boyfriend only if it was work related.

Iker took the prescription from her and looked it over before he nodded his head, he knew that she was going to be okay and she was definitely going to be resting her arm. 

***

“Iker it’s a sprained wrist,” Mia muttered as her boyfriend forced her to sit down, he refused to allow her to do any heavily lifting and he didn’t want her hurting herself again; he smiled at her as she sat down at the table.

Iker smiled at her before he headed off to get them some lunch, he hadn’t left her alone since they had gotten back from the hospital; he wanted her safe even if it meant spending every moment with her.

Anna chuckled sitting down next to Mia, she could already see that the brunette was getting annoyed with Iker’s overprotectiveness and no one in their right mind would get on the wrong side of him right now.

“How’s your wrist?” Anna asked as Olalla joined them, the two women looked at Iker who collected dinner for the both of them; he wasn’t going to allow Mia to do anything until her arm was better and that would take a few weeks.

Mia looked at her friends and sighed, by now everyone had heard about what had happened and Sergio had gone into hiding so that Iker wouldn’t be able to kill him for what had happened.

“It’s fine… just a little sore,” Mia said glancing at Iker who was still across the room, he’d only insist on feeding her if she let him know that her wrist was hurting her; it was her writing hand that she had sprained and Mia wasn’t too thrilled at having it bandaged for four to five weeks.

“Well good luck with protective Iker… he’s going to baby you for a while,” Olalla teased knowing that Iker had never been able to handle anyone he cared about getting hurt and Mia was going to be no exception.