Part One - Chapter Nineteen: Tricking Sara

“So you did it then,” Sara said thrilled approaching Mia, the brunette was wearing a berry cowl halter neck top and black leather look skinny jeans paired with metal heel black court shoes for the match against Portugal.

Mia had called the reporter to let her know that she had broken up with Iker; Mia nodded her head as she crossed her arms, she couldn’t believe that this was happening. Mia hated to be anywhere near Sara right now, she wanted to hurt the reporter badly for what she had done.

“You know… I didn’t think that this would be this easy,” Sara said reaching into her bag and pulled out the last copies of the photographs, she didn’t want Iker to know that she was the reason that he had been dumped; she handed them over to the brunette who stuffed them into her black quilted logo shoulder bag.

Sara smirked as Mia glared at her, with the other woman out of the way she could now win Iker back; she knew that there was no way that Iker could resist getting back with her.

“You know it’s quite sad… he’ll never know what you sacrificed for him,” Sara said looking at her perfectly styled nails, she would wait until after the Portugal match to make her move and she knew that there was no way that Mia would be able to get in her way now.

Mia stared at the reporter in disgust for a moment, she knew that she had to walk away now or she would risk Sara doing something that could hurt Iker; Mia had done this for him and she knew that it would remain that way.

“Oh and Amelia… I hope that you won’t do anything stupid now,” Sara called before she could walk away, she didn’t trust the other woman and she knew that the sooner Iker was hers again the better it would be.

***

Iker smiled as he watched Mia slip into the locker room, his brown eyes watched in her relief as her hand pulled the photos from her bag; he knew that this was risky but he wasn’t going to break up with her.

Iker had asked his girlfriend to lie to the reporter so that they could get their hands on the pictures that she had of them on their first date; then he had gone to speak with Vicente, he knew that now with the rest of the team’s spouse had arrived that things could change.

“Don’t look so worried… it’ll all be fine,” Iker said knowing that while Sara was a force to be reckoned with however he wasn’t going to allow his ex-girlfriend to blackmail and manipulate his new girlfriend; the footballer was determined to make things work with Mia.

Mia crossed her arms after she had handed the pictures to her boyfriend, she knew that Sara’s leaving threat wasn’t going to make things easy for them; she just hoped that Iker knew what he was doing.

“How was your talk with Vicente?” Mia asked softly watching her boyfriend, he hadn’t told her why he had spoken in private with the national team coach but she knew it was about the threat that Sara posed to them and their fledgling relationship.

Iker smiled at his girlfriend knowing that it had taken a lot on convincing on his part to make sure that Mia wouldn’t lose her job no matter what happened next; he hated to think that Vicente would punish her for something that was out of her control.

“It was fine… nothing for you to worry about,” Iker said with a smile as he set the pictures down in his locker and moved to pull Mia close; he didn’t know what he would have done if a couple of his team-mates hadn’t of helped him convince Vicente to allow him to go public.

Mia looked at Iker doubting that this was something that she shouldn’t worry about, the brunette sighed as she cuddled closer to him as he hugged her close; she didn’t know how much longer they could go on like this.

“Don’t worry amor,” Iker said looking down at her, he smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist making him chuckle as he rested his head against hers.

Iker knew that it was going to be a shock for her but he knew what he was going to do if they won that days match against Portugal; he was going to show Sara just how much he had moved on since they had ended things.

“I have to go,” Mia murmured pulling back slightly and smiled at Iker, she pushed herself up slightly and kissed his lips knowing that she had work to do and Vicente wasn’t going to allow her to take a break just because she was dating the captain of the team.

Iker held her close as they kissed, he knew that her life was going to change when their relationship was revealed; she wouldn’t be Mia Trevanion anymore, she would be Iker Casillas’s girlfriend.

***

“You sure you want to do this?” Victor asked as he stopped by Iker’s side as he prepared to lead the team out onto the pitch; he knew what his friend was planning and he didn’t blame him for wanting to do this.

Iker nodded his head as he smiled at Victor briefly, he knew what his friend was worried about but he was determined to make sure that Sara didn’t gain the upper hand on the situation; he had a plan in mind and he hoped that Mia didn’t mind what he was about to do.

“We’re all behind you Iker… just don’t hurt Mia, she’s a lovely girl,” Victor said as he patted Iker on the shoulder, he nodded his head at his friend before walking towards the bench; everyone had warmed to the brunette and it was clear that hurting her wasn’t an option for Iker.

The captain took a deep breath knowing that he would do anything in his power to make sure that nothing happened to Mia; she was important to him and he hadn’t felt this way in a while, the brunette had changed his life more than any of his ex-girlfriends had.

Rolling his head, Iker looked across from him and at the Portuguese team; he would be facing some close friends in this match and he knew that it wasn’t going to be easy.

Clearing his throat, Iker waited for a moment before he followed the referees out onto the pitch of the Cape Town Stadium; leading his team out knowing that they couldn’t make any mistakes now.

If Spain were to lose this match then they’d be on the next flight back home and he wouldn’t see Mia again; he had yet to find a way to bring her back to Madrid with him but he was determined for it to happen.

Iker glanced over to the staff side of the bench where his girlfriend was sitting as everyone prepared for the national anthems; he smiled softly as he watched her talking with her cousin about something.

“Focus Iker,” Sergio muttered glancing at his friend, he knew what Iker was thinking about and it wouldn’t help them if he was distracted now.

Iker needed to be able to prove that he wouldn’t be to easily distract by the attendance of his girlfriend if he wanted Vicente to keep his promise.

The captain nodded his head as he got his head into the game wanting to make Mia proud of him; he would deal with everything else after this match.