Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Two: Surprise Guest

Carmen smiled approaching Mia and Iker, the small gathering had been wonderful and she had insisted that the party retreat back to her home for the celebration after the christening.

Iker smiled at his mother, he was glad that at least Evan had shown up for the christening from Mia’s family; he knew how much it would mean to his fiancée since no one else had bothered.

“She’s so adorable,” Carmen fussed moving to take Abigail from Mia, she cooed at her granddaughter knowing that today could not have gone better; everyone was being so wonderful right now.

Mia nodded her head as Iker wrapped his arm around her, he kissed her softly while watching his mother with their daughter.

“She’s just like her madre,” Iker mused proudly, he chuckled as Mia blushed at his words, he was happy and no one would be taking this away from him; he was just keeping his eyes out for any troublemakers.

Evan laughed amused, he had never seen Mia like this before and he was happy that she had found someone to spend her life with; he was just upset that no one else had turned up from the family.

“She’s getting so big,” José Luis said joining his wife in fussing over their granddaughter, he was thrilled to have a grandchild to spoil now.

Mia nodded in agreement, she had never thought that Abigail would grow so quickly and it wouldn’t be long now until she was walking and talking; it made her wonder what the future would hold for them.

“How are the wedding plans coming along?” Catherine asked, she was excited for the wedding and it meant that she got to spend time with Unai; she really liked Iker’s younger brother.

Mia smiled, she was going to pretend that Catherine wasn’t asking because it would mean that she got to spend time with Unai again.

***

“You never guess who I just found,” Evan declared as he returned to the bathroom, he was dragged a blonde woman behind him who looked desperate not to attract attention to herself.

Mia furrowed her brow wondering what her step-brother was talking about, she brushed the hair from her face and gasped as she recognised the blonde; she truly hadn’t thought that anyone else would come.

“Olivia?” Mia asked surprised to see her step-sister, she hadn’t thought that she would ever see Evan’s younger sister again; she was meant to be in South Africa with the rest of the family.

Olivia nodded her head, she wasn’t sure how Mia would react to her being at the party; she’d been late for the christening because her flight had been delayed.

“Hi,” Olivia said nervously, she peeked at Iker knowing that he would remember her; she hadn’t come to cause trouble, she wanted to make amends for what Rosie had done.

Evan smiled, he was glad that his younger sister had seen through Rosie’s horrible lies and he was even happier that she had made the trip to Madrid.

“What are you doing here?” Mia asked surprised still to see her, she didn’t want any trouble right now; this was meant to be a special day for her daughter and she could see Iker was tense about Olivia being in his mother’s home.

“I wanted to come… I’m not here to cause any trouble,” Olivia tried to explain, she knew that Mia was upset with how everyone else had reacted and Olivia truly hadn’t known what was going on since she had moved out to live with her older boyfriend, Cedric Fatani.

Olivia peeked nervously at Iker, she didn’t want any trouble and she would leave if she was asked to; she just wanted to be here because she didn’t want to lose Mia as a big sister, they had always gotten along so well.

Mia stared at Olivia for a moment before she pulled her into a hug, she didn’t want to cry right now; this meant so much to her that at least two members of her family were willing to still be a part of her life.

Iker watched them for a moment, he didn’t completely trust Olivia and he did hope that she wasn’t here to cause trouble; he wanted Mia to be happy and have contact with her life.

Abigail babbled making her father pick her up, Iker held her close hoping that they had seen the last of any trouble; he didn’t want anyone trying to break them up anymore.

Iker took a deep breath as Olivia looked at him, he could see that she was nervous that he would interfere but he wasn’t going to; he wanted to prove that what Rosie had said about him.

“Where are you staying?” Mia asked curiously, she wanted to see more of her step-sister and while Evan had insisted that he was fine in his hotel; she had no idea where Olivia would stay.

Iker walked over to them, he truly didn’t mind having Olivia stay with them since they had more than enough room in their four bedroom home.

***

Olivia brushed some hair from her face and sat down on her bed, she was surprised that Iker had offered to let her stay in the house; she had thought she’d be turned away after what Rosie had done.

“Are you sure I’m okay to stay?” Olivia asked looking at Mia, she didn’t want to be a bother and she needed to get away from South Africa for a little while; she’d happy return to England if Mia didn’t want her around.

Mia nodded her head, she wasn’t sure what had driven Olivia to leave their home in Africa but she had a feeling that there was something going on that she didn’t know about.

“It’s fine… we have the room,” Mia said shrugging her shoulders, she sat down on the bed knowing that she couldn’t turn Olivia away when she had done nothing wrong.

Mia hadn’t heard from Olivia in months, she hadn’t been involved in the breakdown that had happened with the rest of the family.

“Is everything okay?” Mia asked softly, she could see that Olivia was upset and she wanted to help; she had always admired how strong Olivia was and hoped that everything was alright.

Olivia chewed on her lip, she knew that she could talk to Mia about anything but she wasn’t sure how much Mia would wish to hear about their family.

Danny, Alice, Rosie, Caroline and Dup Plessis where the ones that Mia wasn’t talking to, she had cut them from her life when they had tried to convince her to come home after Rosie had spread horrible lies about Iker.

“It’s nothing,” Olivia said forcing a smile, she didn’t want any trouble right now and she had something that she needed to think of; she was just glad that she had someone like Mia to turn to right now.

Olivia didn’t feel like she could talk to anyone else, they were all too focused on their own problems and trying to think of ways to bring Mia back to South Africa.

“If you need to talk… I’m here,” Mia said smiling softly, she didn’t believe that everything was okay and she hoped that whatever was going on Olivia hadn’t gotten herself into more trouble.

Olivia nodded her head, she didn’t dare mention that no one knew that she had come to Madrid; she hadn’t told anyone since they would have tried to stop her and she needed time to think.

Mia eyed her step-sister, she had a feeling that Olivia would tell her when she was ready.