Part Two - Chapter Twelve: Happy Anniversary

Iker smiled leading Mia into the restaurant where they had reservations for their anniversary, they had dropped Abigail off at a friends before Iker had whisked her away for their anniversary.

“You look beautiful,” Iker murmured looking at Mia, she was wearing a coral belted swing dress paired with nude leather court shoes; he couldn’t wait to pop the question to her later that night.

Mia blushed ducking her head down, she smiled softly as Iker drew her close and pressed a kiss to her lips; it didn’t seem real that it had been a year since they started dating.

“I love you,” Iker said smiling at his girlfriend, he hoped that after tonight she would be his fiancé; the ring felt heavy in his pocket right now.

Mia smiled as she kissed him as the hostess cleared her throat annoyed at the couple in front of her; she glared at Mia before flashing a seductive smile at Iker.

“Welcome to Vila Joya Restaurant, how may I help you?” the hostess said as Iker took Mia’s hand, he had no interest in other women and he never would; he had the only woman that he could ever love with him.

“Reservation under Casillas,” Iker said nodding at the hostess before he turned his attention back to Mia, he was going to ask her to marry him tonight and nothing was going to get in his way.

Mia cuddled into his side as she smiled, she was slightly relieved that Iker had no interest in other women; he was whole devoted to her and no one else.

“This way,” the hostess said signalling for Iker and Mia to follow her, she didn’t understand why she could never find someone like that.

***

“Happy anniversary,” Iker said kissing Mia softly, the restaurant was nice and he was glad that he had taken Cristiano’s advice to bring Mia here.

The Portuguese had laughed when Iker had asked him for advice, it had been a nice surprise to see Iker so nervous about anything.

“Happy anniversary,” Mia replied grinning at Iker, the evening had been wonderful so far and she was a little sad that it was coming to an end; they still had to pick Abigail up before they went back to the villa.

Iker grinned brushing his fingers through Mia’s hair, he kissed her pleased with how the meal had gone; he just hadn’t found the right time to ask her to marry him.

“Do you want to take a walk before we pick Abby up?” Iker asked looking at Mia, he didn’t want to go home yet and he was sure that Cristiano wouldn’t mind having the little girl for a couple more hours; he wanted to ask her tonight.

Mia nodded her head as she smiled at Iker, she liked the idea and it was nice to have a bit of a break from Abigail; she loved her daughter but she barely had any time for herself or Iker anymore.

“I like the sound of that,” Mia said as Iker paid the bill, she smiled as she watched her boyfriend; she could see that he was nervous and was curious as to why.

Iker nodded his head as he handed it back to the waiter before he got to his feet, he offered his hand to Mia as they prepared to leave for a small walk around.

Mia took his hand as she got up and smoothed out her dress as she watched him, her fingers lacing with his and he slowly started to lead her from the restaurant.

***

“It’s a beautiful night,” Mia mused walking with Iker, the sunset slowly behind them as they walked along the quiet beach; she was still amazed how wonderful their anniversary had been so far.

Iker nodded his head as he wrapped an arm around Mia’s shoulders as he drew her close, he couldn’t agree more and now he just had to build up the courage to ask her to marry him.

“Is everything okay Iker?” Mia asked looking up at her boyfriend, her blue eyes holding concern as she looked up at her boyfriend; she could still see that something was bothering him.

Iker nodded his head taking a deep breath, he looked around as he realised that this was it; he had to do it now otherwise he would chicken out.

“Quieres casarte conmigo?” Iker asked looking at his girlfriend, he took both of her hands and smiled at her softly; he watched her hoping that she would say yes.

Mia blinked racking her brain for what her boyfriend had just asked her, she was still learning Spanish and she didn’t recognise the phrase that he had just used.

Iker felt the nervous start to get to him as Mia didn’t say anything, he cursed himself for thinking that this was a good idea.

“Never mind,” Iker said embarrassed pulling away from Mia and walked away, he had been so sure that they were ready to get married or at least engaged.

Mia watched him for a moment before she groaned and hurried after her boyfriend, she still didn’t know what he had said to her.

“Iker wait,” Mia said pulling him to a stop, she looked up at him as he turned to face her with a heartbreaking expression on his face; she stared up at the footballer wondering what was going on.

“Iker… what is going on?” Mia demanded staring up at her boyfriend, she couldn’t work out what he had said to her and she could see that he hadn’t realised that yet.

Iker swallowed as he carefully pulled a small black box out of his pocket, his hands shook as he looked at his girlfriend.

“Iker… you idiot, I didn’t understand what you said,” Mia said as her heart pounded in her chest; she had a feeling that she knew what he was going to ask her and she couldn’t believe it.

Iker blinked looking at his girlfriend, her words slowly sinking in as he watched his girlfriend a smile formed on his lips before he carefully got down on one knee.

“Amelia Poppy Trevanion… will you marry me?” Iker asked smiling at his girlfriend, he looked up at her as he opened the box to reveal the silver eclipse white and treated black diamond engagement ring that he had picked out for her.

Mia blinked staring at the ring, a smile forming on her face as she slowly nodded her head as she realised that this was really happening; she hadn’t thought he would really doing this.

“Yes,” Mia breathed blinking back tears, she smiled as Iker grinned as he watched his girlfriend for a moment before he slipped the ring onto Mia’s finger.

“I love you,” Mia said shaking her head, she wrapped her arms around Iker’s neck as he got up and kissed her softly; they were engaged and happy right now.

Iker grinned as he brushed his fingers through her hair, he couldn’t believe that she had said yes; he had been frightened that she would turn him down and he would ruin things for them.

“I love you too,” Iker whispered kissing Mia, he was thrilled that she had said yes and nothing was going to take away from that.

However there was one problem that bothered him most and that was how her sister would react to this news; Rosie disliked Iker and wasn’t going to take kindly to him proposing.

Mia smiled into the kiss, she was never going to regret saying yes to Iker and nothing would take away from this; she was sure that everything was going to be fine.