Part Two - Chapter Four: It's Him or Me

“Are you sure that you want to do this?” Rosie Jones asked looking at her younger sister concerned, she wasn’t happy with Mia’s decision to move to Spain with her boyfriend.

Rosie had married her fiancé just before Christmas and she worried that her sister was going to regret making this move especially now that Abigail had been born; she didn’t trust Iker with her sister.

“I need to do this Rosie,” Mia said continuing to pack her things, she had announced to her family that she and Abigail would be returning to Madrid with Iker.

Mia was determined to make sure that her daughter had both of her parents in her life and she would put off returning to work until Abigail started to go to school.

“I know… I just worry,” Rosie murmured glaring over at Iker, she had slowly warmed to him after he had proven how committed he was to her sister but that didn’t mean that Iker was her favourite person.

Mia sighed looking over at her sister, she had known since Rosie had found out about her dating Iker that she didn’t like the footballer; however she didn’t wish to part on bad terms with her elder sister.

“What is it you don’t like about Iker?” Mia asked carefully sitting down on her bed and looked over at Rosie, her blue eyes watching her knowing that they needed to talk about this now.

Iker was Abigail’s father and he was always going to be a part of Mia’s life now because of that fact and the brunette loved him more than anything.

“I’m just worried about you and Abby, I don’t want him to hurt either of you,” Rosie said simply crossing her arms, she knew that she couldn’t tell her sister that she couldn’t be with Iker but she did want Mia to be careful.

The couple had only been together for ten months and now they had a baby together, it was something that really concerned Rosie.

The last thing that she wanted was for Mia to be hurt when Iker cheated on her and dumped Abigail as if she was nothing; she had heard so much about footballer’s that it worried her more than anything.

“Iker would never do that… he’s not like the ones you read about,” Mia said as if knowing what her sister was thinking about.

Rosie snorted, she really didn’t believe that and she wished her sister would just be realistic about her relationship and the chance that Iker would be the one to hurt her in some way.

Mia sighed as she stared at her sister, they were going to have to agree to disagree about her relationship with Iker and the brunette hoped that Rosie would come around.

“I want you to really think about staying here Mia, I don’t want you going to Madrid only for Iker to hurt you,” Rosie pleaded knowing this might be her only chance to talk her sister out of leaving for Spain with her boyfriend and daughter.

Mia frowned at her sister’s words, she had known that this conversation was coming but that didn’t mean that Mia was prepared for what her sister had to say about this.

“I know that you are doing this for Abby but I want you to stay here in Africa with us,” Rosie continued to plead, she knew she wasn’t being fair but she didn’t trust Iker and she wasn’t going to allow her sister to ruin her life for the footballer that would only break her heart.

Mia took a deep breath knowing that Iker was only in the next room with Abigail, she had no doubts about her future and she wished that Rosie could understand.

“He’s going to break your heart and I won’t watch as he does it,” Rosie said preparing to make her ultimatum; she wouldn’t pick up the pieces if Mia went to Madrid.

The two sisters sat in silence as Rosie’s words hung in the air, there was no denying what Rosie was saying and it hurt Mia more than anything that her sister was doing this to her now.

“You can’t be serious?” Mia whispered trying to ignore the emotional pain in her chest as she stared at Rosie in shock, she really hadn’t been expecting this.

The two sisters had always been close and now Rosie had dropped this on her when she was due to leave for Madrid in a week.

The older Trevanion nodded her head knowing that she was asking for a lot but she wanted to protect her sister and the only way that she could do that was if Mia stayed in Madrid.

“Rosie… I love Iker, why isn’t that enough for you?” Mia asked messing with the bracelet that Iker had gotten her when they were first dating; she felt a little angry that her sister was doing this to her.

Mia didn’t understand why Rosie would think for a moment that asking her to choose between her sister and the father of her daughter would be okay.

“I don’t want you making the same mistakes that I did,” Rosie said softly watching Mia, she knew she had to make her sister stay and she just wasn’t sure how Mia would react if she continued to push.

Mia was her sister and she would kill Iker if he hurt her but moving to Madrid meant that Rosie just wasn’t going to be able to protect her or her niece anymore and Iker was taking her away from her.

“I’m twenty-five years old, Rosie… I’m a big girl now,” Mia said getting to her feet, she couldn’t understand why her sister was so determined to be against Iker when he had done nothing wrong.

“You have to choose Mia, it’s me or him,” Rosie said determinedly, she was sure that her younger sister wouldn’t turn her back on her and that it was Iker that should be worried about her ultimatum.

Mia opened and closed her mouth as she tried to think of someway to put away this conversation, she couldn’t choose and she didn’t want to; they were both so important to her.

“If you get on that plane to Madrid… then don’t bother coming back,” Rosie said knowing she had to give her sister time to think, she was using tough love to make Mia see that going with Iker would only end in pain.

Iker was going to hurt her sister and Rosie was doing this to stop her from getting hurt, there was no way that he would stay faithful to Mia.

Rosie had done some research into Iker’s past relationships and Rosie had noticed that they never seemed to last long; he had dated Eva González for three years and had dated Sara Carbonero for a year before he had begun dating Mia.

Rosie had been a little surprised to see that Mia looked very similar to his ex-girlfriends and it worried Rosie that he very clearly had a type; it made her worry what would happen when he grew bored and dumped her sister.

Rosie turned on her heel and walked out of the bedroom leaving Mia behind, she ignored the dark look that Iker shot her as she left knowing that he had heard what she had said.

In a weeks’ time, Rosie would have her answer about who Mia had chosen and the brunette was very confident that she would be the winner and Iker would be out in the cold.

Iker watched Rosie leave as he cuddled Abigail, he wasn’t going to lose his girlfriend because of her sister’s threat; he had no illusions that Rosie was going to be trouble but Mia had been so happy and now she had this on her mind.

Abigail squeaked as her father held her close, she was the reason that Iker would fight to keep his girlfriend and he loved Mia more than anything.

Rosie was a threat that he had to deal with and he was sure that the older sister was bluffing, he doubted she would ever turn Mia away if she really did choose him over her.