Part Two - Chapter Eleven: Algarve, Portugal

Iker grinned watching his girlfriend and daughter, they were on holiday in Portugal and the footballer was enjoying the break now that the football season was over for a while.

Leaning back in his sun lounger, Iker continued to watch Mia and Abigail down by the water’s edge; his girlfriend looked beautiful in her coral ruched front swimsuit and he knew that she was slowly losing what was left of the weight that she had gained during her pregnancy.

Iker sipped on his drink unable to take his eyes off of Mia and Abigail, he hadn’t been able to stop watching them; pushing his sunglasses up his nose Iker smiled softly knowing that everything was okay.

Abigail was six weeks old now and Iker knew how special these moments were, they hadn’t let her near the sand yet and she’d had a coating of baby sun lotion before they had even left the rented private villa where they were staying.

The couple were quickly approaching their first anniversary and Iker knew that he had something very special planned and he was sure that Mia would like it; he planned to ask her to marry him.

“Look there’s papa,” Mia cooed walking back to the sun loungers in the shade, where Iker was relaxing out of the mid-afternoon heat; she carefully handed Abigail over as she stepped out of the sun.

Iker was happy to sit Abigail down on his stomach, she was adorable in the pink spotted and embroidered swimsuit that she was wearing.

“I think someone’s ready for her nap,” Iker mused as Abigail yawned, he chuckled knowing that she was still only young and he couldn’t wait for her to start walking and talking.

***

Mia pressed a soft kiss to the top of Abigail’s head, she smiled as she watched the rise and fall of her daughter’s chest for a moment.

Abigail was a beautiful little girl and Mia was still spending pictures to her family in South Africa when she had the chance to show her off.

Rosie still refused to speak with her sister since she had left to live with Iker in Madrid and Mia still prayed that Rosie would change her mind soon before she missed out on something important.

Heading down to the swimming pool, Mia smiled as she spotted Iker making them some refreshing rosemary lemonade; he had been trying a lot of fruit drinks lately and Mia was impressed.

“Abby’s sleeping,” Mia said softly as she checked the baby monitor, she glanced at Iker who was still standing in his swimming trucks and it made her smile.

Mia couldn’t help herself when it came to admiring her boyfriend, football certainly did wonders for his upper body and she knew that she had a thing for his arms.

“Good,” Iker said watching his girlfriend remove her coral loose knit kaftan, he was relieved that the little girl hadn’t made much of a fuss when it came to napping; it was still warm and the air-conditioning had been left on to cool the room down while they were out.

Mia nodded as she sat down beside the pool, it was a lovely evening and she was sure that they would be enjoying a quiet night in; Iker sat down beside her and handed her a drink.

“You’ve been quiet,” Mia mused looking at her boyfriend, she tilted her head as she sipped on the refreshing drink as Iker chuckled and shook his head; he wasn’t about to tell her that he was planning to propose.

“Just thinking,” Iker said simply, he pressed a tender kiss to Mia’s lips glad that she was here with him right now; he was only sad that she hadn’t left her home on better terms with her sister.

Mia nodded her head as she smiled at him, she didn’t know what Iker was thinking of but she hoped it wasn’t anything bad; she loved spending time with them and the couple had several weeks before pre-season training started up.

“I must be one of the luckiest men in the world,” Iker mused smiling at Mia, he considered for a moment asking her to marry him now but dismissed it; he had their anniversary organised and he wasn’t going to ruin it for anything.

Mia sipped on her drink as she dipped her feet into the cool water, it was a relief against the heat of the evening.

“I love you,” Mia whispered kissing Iker, she was sure that she could never regret anything that had led them to this moment.

Iker cupped her face as he deepened the kiss, he couldn’t wait to make Mia his completely and he knew that there was only going to be one problem when he did ask her to marry him an d that was her sister Rosie.

***

Iker tangled his fingers into Mia’s hair as they kissed, his body moving closer to hers as they enjoyed the silence that seemed to have settled around them in the late evening.

It was rare that they had an evening like this to enjoy especially since Abigail had been born and they weren’t going to waste it; they knew only too well that their daughter could wake up at any moment.

Mia moved to straddle her boyfriend’s hips as their kiss deepened, she wrapped her arms around Iker’s neck as his hands slipped under her coral loose knit kaftan and carefully moved to pull it off.

Abigail’s sudden cries pulled the couple apart, Iker groaning under his breath as Mia rested her head against his shoulder; they tried to catch their breathes before Mia moved to slip on her nude flower detail jelly flip flops.

“I’ll be right back,” Mia said leaving the bedroom, Iker watched her leave then lay back on their bed as he waited for her to return; the footballer closed his eyes as he thought about his daughter.

Abigail was wonderful and he loved being a father even if it did take away the time that he had with Mia; they were his girls and he would do anything for both of them.

Iker had already arranged for them to travel to South Africa for Mia to see her family again, he wanted to prove Rosie wrong and he knew that he had a lot of work to do on that front.

Mia was wonderful and Iker would never admit it, but he was happy that he had found her and she was everything that he had ever wanted.

Sara had been wonderful but she had nothing on Mia and Iker would never change what he had now with the brunette that had made him a father.

“You are a very lucky man Casillas,” Iker told himself as he sat up and moved to check on the engagement ring that he had been carrying around for several weeks now.

Iker hadn’t told anyone about what he was planning to do, only his best friend knew and Sergio had been sworn to secrecy since Iker didn’t want his plans to get leaked to the press.

Iker pulled a small black box out of his bedside table and opened it to reveal the silver eclipse white and treated black diamond engagement ring that he had gotten.

Iker smiled as he took a shaky breath as he looked at the ring, he really hoped that Mia liked the ring that he had chosen; he had picked it with Sergio’s help and he wasn’t sure what was going to happen when he asked her.

Iker carefully placed the ring back in his bedside and closed the draw as he heard Mia returning, he smiled as he looked at his girlfriend; he couldn’t wait for their anniversary.

“Someone wants their papa,” Mia said handing over Abigail, unaware of what Iker had planned for their anniversary.