Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Five: I'm Pregnant

Listening to the answering machine, Mia sighed and shook her head knowing that she wasn’t just going to forgive and forget because they called to apologise; it was a little too late in Mia’s books.

It had been months since she had heard from her family and now they all were leaving messages to apologise after Rosie had finally admitted what had real happened.

Iker watched his fiancée, they were to marry in about a week and he knew that she had a lot on her mind; he wasn’t sure how she was going to take her family constant calls.

“Are you going to call them back?” Iker asked softly, he balanced their daughter on his hip watching her; he didn’t know what she was thinking but he was worried that this might be some horrible trick.

Iker didn’t trust Rosie and he didn’t think that she would have confessed the truth for the sake of it; he hated to think this was some ploy to get Mia back.

“No,” Mia replied shaking her head, she wasn’t going to let them think that after months of ignoring her and talking bad about Iker that she would just forgive them.

Mia looked at her boyfriend, she knew that he was worried but he had no reason to be; she had made up her mind and she would stick by it, they weren’t going to mess with her head before the wedding.

Iker opened his mouth, he wished that he could say something to help her but he wasn’t overly fond of her family after what had happened.

“It’s fine Iker… I’m not ready to forgive and forget just yet,” Mia reassured smiling a little at him, she moved to give him a kiss hoping that this would be the end of it; she had no interest in forgiving her family yet.

***

Olivia smiled as she played with Abigail, she adored her niece and she was using this as practice for her own baby; she had decided to keep it and she was going to have to tell people soon that she was pregnant.

“What are your plans for the holidays?” Mia asked watching her sister, she didn’t mind having Olivia stay for Christmas but she was curious about why Olivia hadn’t spoken to her boyfriend since she had arrived.

Olivia looked up from what she was doing and stared at Mia, she knew that she would have to talk about her pregnancy but she hoped that her sister would understand.

“I’d like to stay here if that’s okay,” Olivia said smiling, she knew that things had thawed a little with the family but she doubted they would accept the fact that she was ten weeks pregnant.

Mia nodded her head slowly, she took a deep breath as she moved to sit down knowing that they needed to talk; Olivia had been staying with her and Iker since November and there was no sign of what had happened.

“Okay Liv… what’s going on?” Mia asked, she was worried that her sister was in some sort of trouble; she didn’t know what to think and she hoped that everything was okay.

Olivia stared at Mia, she had known that this talk was coming and with the wedding coming up she had thought that Mia would put it off a little longer.

“I know something is wrong and you’ve been hiding out here for a reason,” Mia said trying to get Olivia to open up to her, she didn’t like the fact that the blonde wouldn’t open up to her; they had grown close lately and she hoped that Olivia could trust her.

Olivia sighed and looked at Abigail as the toddler crawling across the floor towards her mother; she knew that now was the time to tell her sister about her little secret.

Mia watched Olivia, she had no idea what had made her sister flew from South Africa without telling anyone; no one knew where Olivia was and the blonde seemed determined to keep it that way.

“I’m not in any trouble,” Olivia whispered softly, she didn’t want Mia getting the wrong idea and she wished that things were simpler; she was excited about the idea of having a baby now.

Olivia hadn’t been too sure when she had found out and that was why she had fled, she wanted time to think about what she wanted and being around Abigail had helped her.

“I’m pregnant,” Olivia revealed slowly, she didn’t want to freak her out and she knew that she could trust Mia; she hoped that Mia would understand why she had run away.

Mia stared surprised at Olivia, she hadn’t been expecting her eighteen year old sister to tell her that; she took a deep breath understanding why she had left South Africa.

“Is it Fatani’s?” Mia asked trying to stay calm, she knew that Olivia’s boyfriend was a lot older than her and if Danny had found out about this then he would strangle Fatani with his bare hands.

Olivia nodded her head, her blue eyes watching Mia wondering what she would say; she knew that this was a lot to take in.

“Are you going to keep it?” Mia questioned softly, she knew that this was a big life decision and she didn’t know what to say; she was going to support her sister no matter what she choose.

Mia wasn’t going to force Olivia into doing anything that she didn’t want to do, it wouldn’t be fair and Olivia was an adult now; she had to make the decision for herself.

“After spending time with Abby… I am,” Olivia said nodding her head, she was glad that she had come to Mia; it had given her time to think about what she was going to do.

“You’re going to have to tell Fatani,” Mia reminded Olivia, she doubted that the poor man knew why his girlfriend had up and disappeared; she was sure he was scared that something had happened to her.

Mia carefully picked Abigail up and sat her on her lap, she smiled a little at Olivia wanting her to know that it was all okay; this wasn’t going to be easy but she had to tell the father.

“I know… I’m scared what he’ll say,” Olivia whimpered frightened, she didn’t know what Fatani would say and he hardly saw his son as it was.

Olivia looked down at her hands, it was a mess and her time away had shown her just what she was going to have to expect if she did have her baby; she would return to South Africa in the New Year.

“It’ll be fine… we’ll be here for you no matter what happens,” Mia comforted, she knew none of this was simple but Fatani had a right to know and Olivia would regret it if she didn’t tell him.

Mia offered Olivia a warm smile as the blonde looked at her, she was sure that it would all work out and it would all take some getting used to.

Olivia took a deep breath and moved to pick up her mobile, she stared at it for a moment; she had been hiding out for weeks and there was surely going to be some people that would be upset when she learnt where she was.

Mia watched Olivia as she carefully dialled Fatani’s number, she didn’t say a word knowing that Olivia could do this on her own.

Abigail gummed on her mother’s finger, she dribbled on Mia’s arm as the front door opened and closed to reveal the return of Iker; Mia carefully got to her feet and walked to checked on Iker.

“Hello Fatani…” Olivia said when her boyfriend answered the phone, she watched Mia leave glad that she had some space; she had no idea what would happen now.

Iker smiled moving to greet Mia, he had finished for the holidays and he could now spend them with the two girls that made his life complete.

Mia kissed Iker, she was so glad that she had him and she knew that they would never have any problems that plagued her sister.