Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Three: Olivia's Secret

Olivia chewed on her lip as she turned off her mobile, she had hundreds of missed calls and texts but she wouldn’t be returning any of them; she didn’t want to speak with the family especially not right now.

Iker raised an eyebrow at Olivia, it had been a week since she had arrived and he had noticed that she looked troubled; he was curious about what she was hiding.

“Everything okay?” Iker asked sipping on his coffee, he peeked at Abigail who was sat in her high-chair next to him; he was watching her while Mia took a shower.

Iker had grown used to having Olivia around and he had to admit that he liked her a lot more than he liked Rosie; he didn’t get a bad vibe about Olivia and he didn’t mind her sticking around.

“Everything’s fine, just fine, it’s perfect,” Olivia rambled trying not to give away that she was anything but, she didn’t want any trouble while she was here thinking about things.

Iker raised an eyebrow at her, he didn’t believe her for a moment but he wasn’t going to push it; he just hoped that it wouldn’t be more bad news for him and Mia.

“So you’re getting married next month…” Olivia said trying to change the subject, she wasn’t going to talk about her problems; she was here to get away from them for a while and that was it.

Iker nodded his head with a smile, he was looking forward to calling Mia his wife and he knew that she had asked Evan to come to the wedding to give her away.

Mia was everything to him and Iker was looking forward to their wedding day, he didn’t know what he would do without her and Abigail in his life.

“Are you nervous?” Olivia asked curiously, she was happy for Mia and she was couldn’t help but wonder how Iker felt about all of this; things had never been so for the couple and she wanted to know if they were both happy.

“Of course… marriage is a big step but I’m not scared to make it,” Iker said smiling, he was sure about what he wanted and nothing would ever change his mind.

Mia and Abigail were everything to Iker and he wanted to make his family perfect, he had been with Mia for nearly eighteen months and he had never been happier.

Olivia nodded her head, she had never see Mia so happy before and she didn’t understand why Rosie was so opposed to her sister marrying Iker.

“You know that you can talk to me,” Iker offered watching Olivia, he could tell that something was bothering the blonde and he wanted to help her in some small way.

Olivia nodded her head, she wasn’t ready to share the news that she had fled from South Africa because she was pregnant; she didn’t want to disappoint anyone because she was only eighteen.

Iker watched Olivia for a moment before Abigail started to cry making him sigh, he moved to collect his daughter and wrinkled his nose at the smell.

“Someone needs her nappy changing,” Iker said with a grimace, it wasn’t his favourite part of being a father but someone had to do the job; he walked out of the room so that he could change Abigail’s nappy.

Olivia watched him leave and sighed, she was glad that she had been able to turn to Mia and Iker in her time of need it allowed her to think about what she wanted to do.

***

Mia brushed her fingers through her hair, she was doing the weekly shop and she had dragged Olivia with her to get her out of the house.

Mia didn’t want her step-sister hiding away when it would do her no good, she needed to get out and Madrid was such a beautiful city.

“How you spoke to Dad yet?” Mia asked knowing that Danny had been calling non-stop since Olivia had arrived and she hadn’t spoken to him; she figured that he was only worried about Olivia and that was it.

Olivia shook her head, she wasn’t going to tell anyone where she was since she didn’t want them asking her so many questions about why she had left.

Olivia hadn’t even told her boyfriend that she was leaving, she had just took off in the middle of the night after finding out that she was having his baby.

“I haven’t spoken to any of them,” Olivia revealed, she didn’t want to worry Mia and she would do it when she was ready, she just had to wrap her head around what was happening to her.

Mia frowned, she had no idea why Olivia wasn’t speaking to the others and she hoped that Rosie hadn’t hurt Olivia like she had hurt her; she hated that her older sister thought that she knew best.

***

“Did she say anything to you?” Iker asked softly as he helped Mia unpack the shopping, he peeked over at Olivia who was playing with Abigail; they were worried about why she had left South Africa without telling anyone.

Mia shook her head, she wished that Olivia would open up to her and tell her what was going on; she didn’t want to push her but she worried Olivia was in trouble or something.

Iker sighed and pressed a kiss to Mia’s head, he was doing his best to be supportive and they would just have to wait and see what Olivia was keeping from them.

“Do you fancy chicken stir-fry for dinner?” Iker asked moving to pop the milk into the fridge, he peeked over at Olivia knowing that she could stay for as long as she liked.

Mia nodded her head, she loved Iker’s chicken stir-fry and it had been a while since they’d had it; she moved to get the rice out so that she wouldn’t be in his way while she continued to put away the shopping.

“Sure that sounds nice,” Olivia agreed with a smile, she sat Abigail on her knee and cooed at her; she loved her niece and it made her consider keeping her own baby.

Iker chuckled moving to get what he needed, Mia loved his stir-fry and he tried to cook when he could for her; it was something that he could do since she was stuck home all day with Abigail.

“You haven’t lived until you have tasted Iker’s chicken stir-fry,” Mia teased with a smile, she loved to brag about Iker’s cookery skills and she had never met anyone who loved to cook as much as Iker did.

Olivia laughed watching Iker blush, she loved seeing the couple like this and it was all that she needed to see to know that Rosie was lying about Iker.

It was clear to anyone who watched the couple when they were like this that they were very much in love; there were no signs of the horrible lies that Rosie had spun about Iker.

“I can take her if you like,” Mia offered looking at Olivia, she doubted that her step-sister wanted to spend all afternoon playing with the baby; she had finished with the shopping and Iker would want the kitchen to himself.

“I’m okay,” Olivia insisted not ready to give Abigail back to her mother just yet, she wanted to spend a little more time with her niece; she was sure Mia needed time to relax.

Iker smiled, looking back at the two sisters knowing that Mia’s birthday was coming up and he couldn’t wait to surprise her with his plans; it would be the first that he had gotten to spoil her on.

Mia moved to sit down, she had no idea that Iker had special plans for her twenty-sixth birthday; she just wanted a quiet day and to relax with her small family around her.