Part Two - Chapter Eighteen: Wedding Decisions

“I don’t care Dad… she crossed a line,” Mia said annoyed moving to sit down on the couch, she had been expecting this call since she had turfed Rosie out of the house and she was still furious that her sister had tried to trick her like that.

Mia wasn’t going to be forgiving Rosie anytime soon and she wished that her father could understand why she was so upset and wouldn’t take sides.

Danny had called her daily trying to get her to forgive Rosie and telling Mia that her sister hadn’t meant for what had happened to happen; he was sure it was a misunderstanding.

“She kissed my fiancé in an attempt to break us up,” Mia said closing her eyes, she couldn’t believe that Rosie had done that and she wasn’t going to forgive and forget any time soon.

Mia was tired of her sister’s behaviour, Rosie had done everything to make this time unpleasant for her; she had tried to ruin things while Mia was happy.

“I’m sorry Dad but I know that she isn’t sorry about this,” Mia said shaking her head, she looked over at Iker as he walked into the room; she could see that he blamed himself for what was happening between her and Rosie.

Iker watched his fiancée with a frown, he hated that this was how things had all played out since he didn’t want Mia to suffer; she was going to lose her family especially now that Rosie was back in South Africa spreading lies.

“This isn’t Iker’s fault Dad… Rosie didn’t come her to apologise, she came here to cause trouble,” Mia snapped starting to get annoyed with her father, she couldn’t believe that he was blaming Iker when he had been nothing but nice to Rosie.

Iker stared at his fiancée, his stomach twisting as he realised that this wasn’t going to end well; he didn’t want to lose her or Abigail and Rosie had ruined everything.

“You know what… screw you and the family, I am happy and that is all that matters,” Mia shouted before she disconnected the call, she squeezed her phone resisting the urge to launch it at the wall.

Mia couldn’t believe that all this was happening, she blamed Rosie and she wasn’t going to speak to anyone in her family; they were blaming Iker when he hadn’t done anything wrong.

“I’m sorry Mia,” Iker said hating that this had all happened, he hadn’t wanted her to be cut off from her family or angry at them now that they had turned on him.

Mia looked at her fiancé and shook her head, she didn’t want him blaming himself for what had happened; she smiled a little at Iker before she reached for a brochure that she had gotten.

“This isn’t your fault… I am happy and I am not letting Rosie ruin this for me,” Mia said patting the seat next to her, she wanted to show Iker what she had found for their wedding; she was determined to go through with this no matter what happened.

Iker sat down beside his fiancée, he wished that there was something that he could do to make this better however when Rosie had gone back to South Africa she had spun the tale that Iker had tried to seduce her.

“Okay… I was looking through some bridal magazines today and I saw this,” Mia said smiling at Iker, she handed him the brochure that she had found and watched as he checked it out; she wanted to find the perfect venue for their wedding so that they could set a date.

Abigail babbled from her seat, she peeked up at her parents and Mia knew that she would be about eight months old when they married in December.

Iker carefully read the brochure about Finca la Jara, he nodded his head pleased with what he was reading and it made excited about their wedding.

“What do you think?” Mia asked smiling at Iker, she had a good feeling about the venue and she had several more to show him; she wanted to have the venue sorted before the end of the month.

Iker took a deep breath before he looked at his fiancée, he admired the fact that she was still trying to organise their wedding; he worried that there would be trouble from her family now though.

“Iker… please,” Mia whispered giving him a kiss, she could see that he was doubting them and she didn’t want that; she wouldn’t be going back to South Africa and she was sure that marrying Iker in December was what she wanted more than anything.

“I want this… I want you,” Mia said brushing her fingers through his hair, she smiled up at him hoping that she didn’t lose him; it would break her heart and she hoped that it would all work out.

Iker kissed Mia softly, he wanted her to be sure about this and he didn’t want to rush her; he would do anything to make her and Abigail happy.

“Okay,” Iker murmured slowly pulling back from Mia, he was sure that she had been working hard on this and he wanted to be able to call her, his wife; it was something that he was looking forward to.

Mia grinned before moving to show him the other brochures that she had been collecting for their big day; she had collected a few so that they had a large choice of venues.

“La Quinta Navalafuente,” Iker mused looking over the 'Victorian style house' it wasn’t like any of the other venues and he loved the idea of treating Mia to something like this; he didn’t want her to settle on a hotel wedding just because it was simple.

Iker wanted to give his fiancée a day that she would remember and he was sure that marrying somewhere like that in the winter would be beautiful especially if there was snow.

***

“We have a meeting with them next week,” Iker said looking at Mia as he walked into the kitchen, he was sure that this would be the venue for them; he was excited and the sooner they booked somewhere the better.

The couple were due to get married in five months and that meant they were in a race against time to book a venue since a lot of good places would have been booked up for months.

“That’s great,” Mia said smiling while she continued to stir the pasta, she hoped that they would get the venue that they wanted and she was sure that once they had everything else would fall into place.

Iker watched his fiancée for a moment before he walked over to her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and gave her a small kiss.

“I got a call from The Madrid Zoo Aquarium today,” Mia mused looking at her boyfriend, she had applied for a small job there ages ago and Iker was very supportive of the idea of her working with animals and conservation again.

Iker perked and looked at her curious, he wasn’t going to stop her from working if that was what she wanted to do; Carmen had even offered to watch Abigail when Mia returned to work so she could spoil her granddaughter.

“They’re looking for someone to take an admin role and they offered me an interview,” Mia said smiling, it wasn’t going to be much but she liked the idea; she didn’t want to rely on Iker to pay for everything especially with their wedding coming up.

Iker smiled sure that this was just the first step for Mia, she would quickly make her way up the ranks and he would be so proud of her.

“I’m sure you will get it,” Iker said kissing Mia’s cheek before he moved to set the table, he was excited for what their future was going to hold and he wasn’t going to give up.

Mia’s family were going to have to get over whatever Rosie had told them, the couple were going to get married and no one would stop them.