Part Two - Chapter Seventeen: Playing Iker

“How long are you staying for?” Mia asked looking over at her sister curiously, it had been a week since Rosie had arrived and she was starting to wonder why her older sister had come to Madrid.

Rosie sipped on her coffee before she looked at Mia, she knew that this wasn’t going to be easy but she was slowly trying to find a way to cause trouble for her sister and Iker.

“A couple of weeks,” Rosie said smiling innocently, she turned away so that she could continue reading the morning paper; she knew that she had to use her time wisely and the last week had made it clear that it wasn’t going to be easy.

Iker was so sweet around Mia and Abigail that it nearly made Rosie feel bad for what she had come to do to their relationship.

Mia stared at her sister, she didn’t know what was going on with Rosie but she feared that her sister was having marriage problems especially since she wouldn’t talk about her husband of two years, Dylan.

“Is there something wrong Rosie?” Mia asked walking over to her sister, she sat down at the dining table and watched Rosie wishing that she knew what was going on.

Rosie looked up at Mia and shook her head, she flashed a smile knowing that she couldn’t let on what she was really doing in Madrid.

“Come on Rosie… this isn’t like you, after what happened with Max, I thought you were happy,” Mia said worried that something had happened between Rosie and Dylan, she didn’t understand why Rosie was here especially when she was making it very clear that she didn’t like Iker.

Rosie shook her head, she knew that Mia was worried about her but she was here to protect her sister and make sure that her and Abigail were safe.

***

Iker grinned as he stepped into the house, he ducked down to stroke Isco who rushed to greet him as he came in through the front door.

“Hola,” Iker murmured softly, he was happy to get home and exhausted from training; he was looking forward to spending time with his fiancée and daughter.

Iker knew that Rosie was here and he doubted that she was going to make the evening pleasant for him; she was doing her best to make things awkward between him and Mia.

“Hola,” Rosie greeted grinning, she leant against the door frame and stared at Iker; she was glad that she had stayed behind while Mia popped out for the shops, she wanted to speak to Iker alone.

Iker closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, he wasn’t going to fall into the trap that she was setting for him; he loved Mia and Abigail and he would be polite for their sake.

“Mia went to the shops… we’re home alone,” Rosie said staring at the man before her, she was never going to trust Iker and the sooner that Mia and Abigail was away from him the better; they would be happy back in South Africa.

Iker got to his feet, he looked at Rosie for a moment before he moved to put his bag in the cupboard by the door; he didn’t know why Rosie was being like this.

“What have I done to make you hate me?” Iker asked looking back at Rosie, he wanted to know what he had done to deserve this treatment; why she couldn’t see that Mia was happy and that in a few months he was going to be her brother-in-law.

Rosie scoffed, she couldn’t believe that he was playing innocent with all of this and she had a feeling that this was another trick of his; she knew what men like Iker were like and he would only hurt Mia in the end.

“I’m serious Rosie… what did I ever do to you?” Iker said wanting to try and make things right for Mia’s sake, he didn’t want his fiancée hurting over her sister being so childish.

Mia didn’t deserve any of this and Iker wanted to understand what was going on, he didn’t see why Rosie was causing him so much grief when he had done nothing to her.

“Like you don’t know… I know all about you Iker Casillas and you are going to hurt Mia just like Austin did,” Rosie hissed staring at the man that was the cause of all of her problems with her sister; she wanted him gone and the sooner the better.

Iker raised an eyebrow at Rosie, he knew more than her about what had happened between Mia and Austin; he knew why they had ended things and he knew that Austin had never hurt Mia in anyway.

“I know all about Austin…” Iker said moving past Rosie and heading for the kitchen to get the lunch started for when Mia got back from the shops; he ignored the surprised look on Rosie’s face as he went.

Rosie stared for a moment before she followed after Iker, she couldn’t believe that he knew more about what had happened between Mia and Austin; she had tried for ages to get Mia to speak about it and nothing had happened.

“I know why you are here Rosie,” Iker said peeking back at the brunette, he knew that he wasn’t going to allow her to break things up between him and Mia; he loved his fiancée and that was all that he needed to know.

Rosie raised an eyebrow at Iker, she could see that she was getting under his skin and that was all that mattered to her; she needed a reason to get close to him.

“And why is that?” Rosie asked innocently walking over to Iker, she knew that Mia would be home soon and she had to make her move if she wanted to drive a wedge between them.

“You’re here to break me and Mia up,” Iker said turning to look at Rosie, he glared at her wishing that she would just be happy for them; Mia and Abigail meant everything to him and he wasn’t going to lose them.

Iker walked over to Rosie and stopped before her, he needed to warn her off anything that she might be planning; he didn’t want her hurting Mia and he wasn’t going to let her.

“You are so clever,” Rosie purred pleased that he had made the mistake of coming closer to her, she heard the door open as Mia came home with Abigail and she knew that she would have to act quickly.

“I’m warning you… you do anything to hurt Mia and I’ll make sure that you don’t see her or Abby again,” Iker threatened, he wasn’t sure what Rosie was planning and he wasn’t going to fall for her tricks; he wouldn’t allow Mia to be hurt because her sister didn’t like the fact that they were getting married.

“Ditto,” Rosie said before she pulled Iker into a kiss as she heard Mia walk into the room, she had to make this look real if she wanted her sister to come home.

Mia stopped as she stared at her fiancé and sister, she frowned and pursed her lips as Iker shoved Rosie away from him; she could see the look of disgust and horror on his face about what had just happened.

Rosie smirked at Iker before she turned around and looked at her sister faking how horrible she felt about what had just happened with Iker.

“Don’t… I heard everything,” Mia spat furious that her sister was trying to play her like that, she had come in a moment earlier than Rosie thought and had heard everything before slamming the door to trick her sister.

Iker swallowed staring at Mia, he felt horrible that Rosie had played him like that and he didn’t know what to do now.

“I want you to get out Rosie… don’t come back, you’re no sister of mine,” Mia snapped furious that she had kissed Iker in an attempt to make it look like he was cheating on her.