Part Two - Chapter Seven: Going to Valencia

Iker sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, his brown eyes tired as he looked around the airport looking for any sign of his team-mates.

Iker yawned knowing that his daughter had kept him up most of the night, he glanced over at Mia who was holding the snoozing Abigail.

Iker was sort of glad that she was sleeping soundly since they didn’t want their daughter getting upset on the flight over to Valencia for the Copa del Rey final.

It had been several days since Mia and Abigail had moved to Madrid with Iker and the footballer was thrilled that they were with him; he couldn’t imagine what he would have done if they had remained in Broederstroom.

“I can’t believe she’s sleeping,” Mia mused looking down at the snoozing baby, she knew that Abigail had been a little restless the night before but she would have thought the sounds of a strange place would upset her.

Iker had charted a private plane to fly them back from South Africa, he hadn’t want anyone getting close to his newborn daughter; he wanted to give them some privacy.

However this flight there would be no privacy for them, they would be sharing the plane with Iker’s team-mates and their spouses; something that set the couple on edge.

The last thing that Iker wanted was for anyone to disturb Abigail or for people to get too close to her and Mia when they arrived in Valencia.

“Iker there you are,” Sergio said hurrying over to the captain, he grinned at the sight of Mia knowing that he was so happy for his friend.

Iker chuckled knowing why Sergio had rushed over, he hadn’t been able to stop talking about Abigail since he had returned to training a few days earlier.

Iker had a picture in his locker at the stadium and training ground of his little girl and the team had all fussed over it when Iker had first come back with his family from South Africa.

Mia laughed softly as Sergio walked straight passed Iker and headed for her and Abigail, she wasn’t even surprised that the Sevillian was more interested in her and the baby than his best friend.

“Is this her?” Sergio whispered peeking down at the baby in Mia’s arms, he wasn’t surprised that Iker had brought his girlfriend and daughter with him; the footballer seemed unable to be away from them right now.

Iker rolled his eyes as he moved to sit down beside his girlfriend, he should have known when Sergio had appeared that it had nothing to do with him but Abigail.

“Iker, she’s so small,” the Sevillian gushed looking at the baby in awe, he couldn’t believe that something so small and perfect was related to his friend.

Abigail had certainly got a lot of genes from her mother and even then it was still clear that the baby girl was Iker’s daughter; Sergio knew he couldn’t wait to become a father himself.

“I can’t believe that she’s yours,” Sergio teased continuing to watch the snoozing baby, he knew that he would never believe that Iker had finally become a father after so long.

Sergio knew all about his friend’s preferences and how his relationship with Mia had really started; it was a surprise to see Iker so happy and content right now.

***

Iker snapped up alert as Abigail started to whimper, his brown eyes locking on the small bundle that was now waking up in her mother’s arms.

Iker unclipped his seatbelt and looked at Mia concerned as several of his team-mates chuckled at his response to his daughter’s soft whimpers.

“It’s feeding time,” Mia mused glancing at Iker, she’d have to breastfeed and she felt a little self-conscious about it.

Iker looked at his girlfriend, he hated that he wouldn’t be able to help out since he loved feeding Abigail but they were on a plane and his main concern was that no one got a look at his girlfriend’s chest as she fed Abigail.

Iker moved to remove his suit jacket, he glanced around knowing that he really didn’t need his friends staring right now; this was a private moment for his small family.

Mia gave Iker a small smile as she started to feed Abigail, she made sure she was covered since she didn’t want to flash any of Iker’s team-mates.

“Does that hurt?” Sergio asked curiously turning back in his seat and looked at Mia curiously, his brown eyes watching her breastfeed Abigail under Iker’s jacket. 

Iker glared darkly at his best friend, he didn’t know why his friend wanted to start a conversation with Mia now; he knew Sergio was only curious but he didn’t want him getting a sight of Mia if the jacket slipped.

“No it doesn’t,” Mia replied smiling at Sergio, she knew a lot of people were curious about breastfeeding and she really didn’t mind answering questions.

Iker continued to glare before Sergio rolled his eyes and turned back around, he sighed knowing that his friend wouldn’t take it too heart only that Iker was trying to protect Mia.

Iker turned his attention to Mia when he checked that no one on the team was watching, he knew he’d help her in anyway and he felt bad for not being able to help her.

“It’s fine Iker,” Mia said knowing that he wanted to do so much for Abigail, however the little girl was very reliant on her mother right now especially for feeding.

Iker sighed as he nodded his head, he wouldn’t be able to do a nightly feed since he wouldn’t even be in the same room as his girlfriend and daughter let alone the same floor.

“I know… I just wish that there was more that I could do,” Iker said watching Mia feed their daughter, he tried to do as much as possible and he loved to play with Abigail and give her a bath.

It wasn’t much but he tried his best with their daughter, she was his little girl and he loved being around her when he had the chance.

“If it makes you feel better then you can change her nappy,” Mia offered smiling at Iker, she knew he wouldn’t decline since while it wasn’t the best job that he could do but it was one that needed doing often.

Iker chuckled nodding his head, she was trying to make him feel better about not being able to do much; he would be glad when Abigail would move to bottle feeds.

Iker knew that in a couple of months’ time he would get the chance to feed Abigail and he was looking forward to it; it would mean that he could spend more time with her.

Mia glanced down at Abigail knowing that it would be a while before she was finished, she just hoped that it was before the flight ended since Abigail really didn’t like her feeding being interrupted.

“Besides Abby is clearly going to be a papa’s girl,” Mia teased looking back at Iker, she could already see her daughter getting attached to her father.

Iker nodded his head in agreement, he loved how Abigail would react when she was in his arms; he had never felt anything like it in his life.

Abigail would sort of smile up at him and he felt his heart beat wildly every time that he had her in his arms; she was his little girl and nothing would ever take that away from her.

Mia smiled at Iker knowing that the couple were going to be busy raising Abigail from now on, they would also have to make time for one another in their lives.

Mia just hoped that whatever happened next for them wouldn’t cause them anymore problems; she was happy and so was Iker.