Part Two - Chapter Six: Welcome Home

Mia grinned as Isco rushed to greet them at the front door, she ducked down to fuss over the Golden Retriever knowing that he had spent the last few weeks being looked after by Unai.

Mia rubbed his head knowing that she was here to stay and felt completely exhausted after their flight from Broederstroom, South Africa; Abigail really hadn’t like flying and Mia wasn’t in a rush to do that again.

“It’s good to be home,” Mia said turning to look at Iker who was holding a snoring Abigail, she smiled at the soft noises that her daughter made.

Mia got to her feet as Iker moved to hand Abigail over knowing that Isco was going to be extremely excited about the small person that now shared his home with him.

Mia smiled at her boyfriend as he moved to led Isco away and let him into the back garden so he could run around while they settled in; they didn’t need him under foot as they settled Abigail down.

“Why don’t you put Abby down for a nap?” Iker said knowing that the two week old was sound asleep and she needed to get used to her nursery here.

Iker didn’t want her getting attached to the idea of sleeping in their room, he loved his daughter but didn’t want her getting to clingy to her mother and him.

Mia nodded her head as she carefully shifted her hold on Abigail and smiled down at the baby in her arms, she was surprised just how quiet her daughter could be when she was sleeping.

Iker watched his girlfriend disappear upstairs before he led Isco to the back door, he felt a little tired and he knew he’d probably take a nap later on when he had sorted through the washing.

***

“Welcome home,” Carmen gushed stepping into her eldest son’s home, she was thrilled that he had finally returned home with his girlfriend and daughter; it had worried her that maybe Mia would remain in South Africa.

Iker smiled as he hugged his mother knowing that she wouldn’t have been able to resist coming to see him and his small family.

“Where is Mia and Abigail?” Carmen asked looking around, she was eager to see her granddaughter again and she knew that Mia would want a little break after such a long day.

José Luis chuckled stepping around his wife and nodded at his eldest son, he knew that they hadn’t seen Abigail since she was a couple of days old and now they had a chance to see her all of the time now.

“Abigail’s sleeping in her nursery and Mia’s just freshening up,” Iker said showing his parents into the living room, he knew Mia would be down soon after her shower.

Carmen nodded her head sharing a look with José Luis, they had done a lot of talking since Abigail had been born and they knew it was going to be a big adjustment for Mia.

Iker eyed his parents knowing that he didn’t want them meddling in his relationship; he wasn’t going to take kindly to any pushing that they were going to do.

“Don’t,” Iker warned sitting down, his brown eyes looking between them knowing that he didn’t need this right now; he had just gotten Mia to move in with him and he was a father to a little girl.

Carmen looked at her son innocently as Mia walked into the room, she smiled warmly at the brunette knowing that Iker could have chosen worse.

“Mia it’s lovely to see you again,” José Luis said moving to great the mother of his first grandchild, he knew how much she meant to Iker and wouldn’t push his son to take things quicker.

Mia smiled politely as she moved to sit down beside Iker, she was a little surprised that his parents had chosen to visit them so soon after they had gotten home.

Mia looked at her boyfriend as she noticed an odd tension in the air, she knew that his parents were very opinionated about their relationship and she wondered what they had said now.

“How is Abigail?” José Luis asked sitting down by his wife, he knew that if their son had remained with Sara then he wouldn’t be this happy.

Iker’s ex-girlfriend was very focused on her career and had mentioned once before that she wasn’t going to have children yet.

Iker was destined to become a father and he would have been forced to wait for a few years before Sara would have been able to give him that; Mia was a good match in this respect.

“She’s fine,” Mia said carefully as she tried to work out what was wrong, she looked at Iker as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close; his eyes never looking away from his parents.

***

Iker ran a hand through his hair as he watched Abigail sleeping, he was amazed still that she was his little girl and he couldn’t wait to show her off to the world.

Iker sighed as he carefully moved away from his daughter, he had the 2011 Copa del Rey Final coming up against Barcelona and he knew just how he wanted to celebrate if they won.

Iker quietly headed out of the nursery and closed the door behind him, he didn’t want Abigail waking up and he knew she’d want feeding in a few hours.

Isco lay peacefully outside of the nursery, not moving even as Iker passed as if guarding the room from intruders making the footballer chuckle amused.

Heading for his bedroom, Iker took a deep breath knowing he needed to talk about things with Mia; he wanted her and Abigail in Valencia with him when the team played.

Mia was sitting on the bed dressed in her yellow boudoir lace trim teddy waiting for him, she looked up and smiled at him as he entered the bedroom.

“Abby’s sleeping,” Iker said pulling his grey T-shirt over his head, he was tired and knew that tomorrow he would be expected at training after his three week absence to be there when his daughter was born in South Africa.

Mia nodded her head as she leaned back on the bed and watched Iker removing his jeans and trainers, she could see that he was thinking about something.

“I was wondering if you’d come to the Copa del Rey Final,” Iker said moving over to his girlfriend and sat down on their bed, it felt amazing to have her and Abigail home with him.

It seemed unreal that they could have been back in South Africa while he could have been here alone without him; it scared Iker about how close that future had been to happening.

Mia blinked taken back at his words, she hadn’t thought that he would want her at any of his matches; she was just his girlfriend and she really didn’t know much about the sport.

“Win or lose… I want you there for me Mia, you and Abby are my girls,” Iker said brushing some hair from her face, a small smile playing on his lips knowing how much this would mean to him.

Iker knew that it was big ask, especially with Abigail being so young however it would mean the world for him to have his girlfriend and baby girl watching him play.

“Your personal cheerleaders,” Mia teased making Iker laugh and nod his head, she could see how much this meant to him and she was sure she could handle just one match with Abigail.

Mia doubted she would be the only ones there supporting Iker, they would be fine for ninety minutes as Iker played for his team.