Part Two - Chapter Eight: Celebrations

Mia grinned as the final whistle blew and the stadium roared in celebration, she’d had no doubt in her mind that Real Madrid had been going to win.

Abigail cooed as she was shifted in her mother’s arms so that Mia could get to her feet; Mia had spent the match sat beside Nagore whom she had met the summer before during the world cup.

Abigail was dressed in a baby kit that Iker had been gifted by the club at her birth and Mia hadn’t hesitated for a moment knowing that Iker would be thrilled to see their daughter in it.

“She look so much like Iker,” Nagore mused smiling at the two week old who seemed completely at ease with the noise of the stadium, she had napped through most of the match.

Mia nodded her head in agreement, she had noticed that as well and there was no denying that the little girl did look like her father; Abigail had inherited a lot of her genes there was no denying that she was Iker’s daughter.

Nagore made sure that Jontxu and Ane were okay as they jumped up and down celebrating their father’s win.

“So how are you finding Madrid?” Nagore asked looking at Mia, it had only been a few days since the younger woman had made the permanent move to Spain and she was a new mother.

Mia took a deep breath as she watched the footballers slowly make their way up to get their medals and the trophy; she’d had a lot to adjust to recently.

“It’s been good… Abigail is keeping me busy,” Mia said watching Iker closely, she was so proud of him and she knew that he would want to have Abigail close to him soon.

Mia was wearing a border print cotton tunic and basic bootcut jeans paired with grey neo court trainers, she was very relaxed about the warm late April weather and she knew that everything would be fine.

***

Iker kissed his girlfriend passionately pulling her close, he couldn’t believe that they had won the Copa del Rey and he had lifted the trophy just after becoming a father.

Iker ignored the wolf whistles that his team-mates gave as he pulled back from Mia and turned his attention to Abigail; he grinned at the sight of his little girl wearing his kit.

“Hola,” Iker cooed lifting the two week old out of her mother’s arms, he cuddled Abigail close as he smiled knowing that there was nothing better than this.

Mia smiled as she watched Iker with the daughter, she knew that Abigail had no idea what was going on but it was worth the smile on Iker’s face at being able to celebrate with their little girl.

“You were amazing,” Mia said pressing a kiss to his lips, she knew that he was going to be excitable about the win; the brunette had a feeling he’d be awake all night now.

Iker nodded as he smiled at Mia, he was glad that she had come to watch the match with Abigail; it had meant so much to him and he knew that it had all been amazing.

“Gracias… was Abby okay?” Iker asked peeking at the two week old, he had worried about the noise of the fans upsetting her but Abigail seemed completely un-phased.

The fans were still making a lot of noise after the team’s win and Iker couldn’t help but feel charged at the energy that seemed to be left over from the match.

“She slept through most of it,” Mia said brushing her fingers through Abigail’s hair, she smiled as Iker chuckled with a nod of his head; their daughter preferred to sleep with noise instead of silence.

The couple watched as the rest of the team celebrated with their families, the match had been a tough one and they were all relieved that it had ended the way that it had.

Mia watched as Iker held Abigail, the two week old was content in her father’s arms and she knew it would be a long trip home soon.

“Good,” Iker said pleased stepping out onto the field with his daughter, he couldn’t resist showing her off and he knew that he wanted to celebrate with his girlfriend and daughter.

Mia chuckled as a couple of his team-mates hurried over to fuss over Abigail, no one had seen much of the two week old and they were all bouncing around filled with adrenaline and excitement.

Iker couldn’t keep the smile off his face and Mia didn’t blame him, he deserved this win and she was so proud of him right now.

“Mia we won,” Sergio said excitedly bouncing over to Mia and pulled her into an excited hug; he pulled back grinning as Mia laughed softly and batted him away from her.

Sergio didn’t hover, he bounced away looking for other people to celebrate with; Mia shook her head amused before she looked over at Iker.

***

“I’m so proud of you,” Mia murmured pressing another kiss to Iker’s lips, she ignored the celebrations around her as they flew back to Madrid. Mia peeked at Abigail who was again enjoying a nap and she knew that it wasn’t going to last.

Abigail was going to want her father’s attention when they reached the airport and Iker had things that he needed to do.

“I love you,” Iker whispered kissing his girlfriend, he couldn’t believe that he had won and he was so relieved that he had been able to do it so soon after his daughter had been born.

The entire thing felt so unreal and Iker knew that he felt amazing right now; Mia and Abigail had made everything better for him and he wasn’t sure how he could ever stop smiling.

“I love you too,” Mia replied kissing Iker’s lips one final time before she pulled back to check on Abigail, she smiled softly as she looked at her daughter before shooting a look at a couple of Iker’s loud celebrating team-mates.

Iker swallowed looking at his daughter, she was growing bigger every day and Iker knew that he couldn’t wait to share all his special moments with her.

“Do you want me to hold her for a while?” Iker asked knowing that Mia had been holding their daughter for a while now, he hadn’t been much help at the airport since the crowds had all be calling for him.

Iker didn’t want people close to his daughter especially fans in a celebratory mood, they were a danger to Abigail and he wanted to keep her as safe as possible.

Mia nodded her head as she offered Iker a small smile, her arms were starting to ache and she didn’t want to disturb Abigail by moving her in her arms.

Mia carefully handed Abigail over to Iker, who smiled at the sight of his sleeping daughter; he loved having her in his arms and it beat holding any trophy that he had won.

“I still think we made one hell of a baby,” Iker said looking at Mia, he smiled at her softly as he made Abigail comfortable in his arms.

The two week old was still wearing her father’s yellow jersey and Iker couldn’t resist smiling knowing that it made him feel so proud and everyone would know that she was his little girl.

“We did,” Mia agreed knowing that Abigail was going to change and as she got older she would start looking more like both of her parents; it was going to be an amazing process.

It was only a matter of time before she was all grown up and her parents were going to enjoy watching her do so.

###

Author's Note:

I couldn't resist including a picture of Iker with baby Martin.