Part One - Chapter Seventeen: Past Meets Present

Mia smiled brushing some hair from her face as she watched the team practice for their match against Portugal; it would be difficult for several of the Spaniards who played with some of their next round rivals at a club level.

Mia jotted down some notes that she had been coping for Vicente, she was doing her best to stay on his good side since he was a little annoyed that the team were all now aware that she was dating the team captain.

The coach had hoped that Iker would at least wait until after the tournament to start telling people that he had a new girlfriend, the only thing that Vicente wanted now was for his captain to keep quiet press wise that he was seeing someone new.

“How was your night?” Cassidy asked clutching at her cup of coffee, since she hadn’t been able to hook up with any of the footballers, she had started to notice how strange her cousin had been acting; she frowned wondering what was going on.

Mia paused for a moment and looked at Cassidy, she didn’t know why she was asking but Mia didn’t trust her for a moment; she couldn’t risk telling Cassidy about her relationship with Iker especially when she knew that this was something that Cassidy had wanted for herself.

“It was nice,” Mia said carefully as she continued to make notes, she was a little surprised that Cassidy hadn’t been fired since she wasn’t doing any work; Mia wondered how long it would take before Vicente grew bored of her cousin’s lack of work.

Cassidy nodded her head as she eyed her cousin, she didn’t know what it was but she knew that Mia was hiding something from her and she didn’t like it.

***

Sara watched Mia from afar as the training session came to an end, she had been waiting for most of the morning for the perfect time to go up to her love rival and talk to her; she wanted to know what Mia had that she didn’t.

Sara smiled as she watched Mia hand off some notes to Vicente as the team headed off to the locker room; this had been the chance that she had been waiting for.

Sara’s eyes stayed locked on Mia as she waited for the right moment, she had to be quick since she doubted that Iker would be pleased to find her talking with his new girlfriend.

Finally her moment came and Sara didn’t waste a moment before she hurried to Mia who had no idea that she was coming towards her; she wanted to know why she had been traded in for a younger model.

“You must be Mia Trevanion… Iker’s assistant,” Sara said making Mia stop and look at her, she furrowed her brow as she stared at Iker’s ex-girlfriend wondering why she was talking to her; Mia knew that this wasn’t just some accidental meeting.

Sara looked the younger woman up and down as she frowned, she certainly couldn’t see why Mia had been the one that Iker had chosen; she wasn’t anything like the footballer’s type so it made Sara wonder what her ex-boyfriend saw in her.

“I’m Sara Carbonero… but you already know that,” Sara said nodding her head, she had to make this quick because she doubted that this conversation was going to last long before someone spotted them and told Iker about what was going on.

“What can I do for you?” Mia asked cautiously as she eyed the reporter, she didn’t know what the other woman wanted and it couldn’t be good; she hadn’t thought that she’d have to deal with Iker’s ex-girlfriend.

Sara smiled as she carefully circled Mia, her eyes trying to figure out what Iker saw in the woman before her; she didn’t know how Iker had gone from someone like her to Mia.

“I just wanted to meet the new me…” Sara said with a smirk making Mia look at her alarmed, this couldn’t end well if the reporter knew about her relationship with Iker; Mia glared at the other woman wondering what she wanted.

Sara chuckled as she realised that Mia had figured out that she knew, there was no denying that Iker had chosen well in a rebound girlfriend but she couldn’t see why he had to make that decision when she was willing to take him back.

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” Mia denied knowing that she couldn’t just admit her relationship to the reporter, she didn’t want Sara telling anyone about this when Vicente had made it clear that her dating Iker had to stay a secret until the tournament was over otherwise she would lose her job.

Sara snorted moving towards the younger woman, she was slightly amused that Mia was trying to hide this from her but it was too late and she had Mia right where she wanted her.

“I saw you last night with Iker… leaving that restaurant, here I even have pictures,” Sara said reaching into her bag and handed the images to the brunette, she wasn’t going to give Mia the real copies since she needed evidence that she was right and Iker had got a new girlfriend.

Mia paled as she looked through the pictures, there was no denying that it was her or Iker in those pictures and she hated to think what Sara would do if she had more copies of these.

“What do you want?” Mia asked fearfully, if Sara was showing her these then there had to be something that she wanted from her and it made her stomach turn as she worried about what the reporter could truly want from her.

Sara smiled as she watched Mia, she was glad that she had the younger woman’s co-operation since it made this so much easier; she glanced around to ensure that they were still alone.

“It’s quite simple really… break up with Iker and I’ll destroy all copies of those pictures,” Sara said making Mia stare at her, she swallowed as she realised that this was serious; she should have guessed that this was what Sara had wanted as soon as she had produced the pictures.

Mia looked down at them as she wondered what she was going to do, she knew that she couldn’t allow these to go public but she didn’t want to lose Iker even if they had been together for only ten days and now this was happening.

“I’ll give you until the game against Portugal and then if you haven’t done as I asked then I’ll send out this pictures,” Sara said nodding with a smile, she had honestly thought that this was going to be difficult but this was just so easy; she grinned as she watched Mia knowing that there was no way that this was going to end other than her getting back with Iker.

“Mia,” Iker called making Sara swallow as she glanced at Mia, she knew that she couldn’t be caught by him otherwise he would never take her back; she quickly left the other woman behind sure that this would work.

Mia watched Sara leave as she quickly popped the pictures into her black satchel bag, she knew that she couldn’t let Iker find out about this; he was going to be angry enough that she had been approached by his ex-girlfriend let alone being threatened by her.

Mia took a deep breath before she walked towards the building, Sara’s words rang in her ears and this wasn’t something that she could ignore.

Mia chewed on her lip, she wondered what she was going to do; she didn’t want to tell Iker right now and she would have to make sure that Sara didn’t reveal her relationship.

Iker didn’t deserved to have his name dragged through the mud by his ex-girlfriend and Mia was going to make this right.