Part One - Chapter Thirty: Spain vs. Germany

“Good luck,” Mia whispered pulling back from kissing Iker, she knew that this was the make or break match for Spain and if they won then they would go through to the final and she knew how much that meant to Iker.

Iker nodded his head as he carefully ducked his head down one last time to kiss Mia, he knew that he had a team to lead out but he couldn’t resist.

“I’ll see you after the match,” Mia said stepping back away from her boyfriend, she was wearing a red scoop neck cami and skinny jeans with rip knees paired with black leather ankle boots; she smiled at him knowing that he would get the team through to the final.

Iker nodded his head as he watched Mia, he knew that he couldn’t wait for them to have some proper time together; the last few days had been stressful and after showing Mia the apartment Iker had been stuck in back-to-back training sessions.

“You look happy,” Fernando mused watching Mia leave, he knew that Iker hadn’t been this happy when he had dated Sara and he hoped his friend would stay this way; everyone knew that the couple were going to try long distance and they all wished the couple the best.

Long distance was going to be far from easy especially when they had only been together for three weeks now; it would make or break their relationship.

“I’m very happy… she’s amazing Nando,” Iker said shaking his head as he smiled to himself, he couldn’t believe that after everything she was still his; he was so sure after the stunt that his mother had pulled that he would lose her permanently.

Fernando smiled as he nodded his head, he couldn’t deny that he was happy for Iker even if he did worry for his friend knowing that it could all end in disaster.

***

Mia nibbled on her lip as she sat down next to Anna and Olalla, she knew that she had no reason to be nervous since she wasn’t the one playing in the match but she couldn’t help herself; she shifted nervously as she wondered what would happen next.

Mia was wearing a red scoop neck cami and skinny jeans with ripped knees paired with black leather ankle boots; she was keeping to the rule about wearing the team’s colours even though she was sat with the WAGs and not the other staff.

“How’s was Iker?” Anna teased knowing where Mia had been before the match had started, she was happy for her friend and was glad that everything had worked out for them; she hated to think what would have happened it Iker hadn’t won Mia back.

Sara had already begun to hover when she had heard about what had happened and there was no disillusion that the reporter regretted the way that she had treated her ex-boyfriend; she wanted him back and she hated that he had Mia now.

"Things are going well… I can’t believe that it’s been three weeks,” Mia said surprised at how fact things had gone for them, everything about them was quick and she worried that sometimes it could cause them problems when they least expected it.

Anna smiled and nodded her head, she knew that everything would work out in the end for them; Mia wasn’t like any of the gold-diggers who leapt at the chance of having a footballer like Iker only to use them for their fame.

“So you’re coming back to Spain with us… you should get Iker to give you a proper tour around Madrid while you are there,” Olalla said watching her husband, she smiled knowing that the brunette would love to see the city of Madrid while she had the chance.

***

“You did it,” Mia beamed wrapping her arms around Iker and kissed him, she couldn’t believe that Spain were through to the finals; she was so proud of him and what he had done for his team.

Mia smiled into the kiss as her boyfriend wrapped his arms her and held her to him as his team-mates celebrated around them; she knew he was just as excited as the others.

“I love you,” Iker whispered pulling back from his girlfriend, he rested his head around hers as Carles Puyol passed them and headed for the shower.

Mia pressed her lips to his as Vicente cleared his throat to catch the team’s attention before he announced that Queen Sofia Of Spain had come down from her seat to congratulate the team on their win.

“I love you too… but I think that your captain duty calls,” Mia said pulling back from her boyfriend, she grinned as she spotted that Carles hadn’t come back; she had a feeling that he was going to be completely embarrassed when he came back.

Iker shook his head as he stopped her, he laced their fingers as he drew Mia close to him; he wanted her with him and he knew that she was important to him.

“Stay,” Iker said dropping his head down and kissed her again, he didn’t care that the Queen was coming to meet the team; she wasn’t as important to him as his girlfriend was.

Mia looked at him speechlessly as Queen Sofia stepped into the room, Mia was in no way dressed to meet royalty and she knew that Iker wasn’t either; he was still in his sweaty kit after playing against Germany.

Iker grinned as he kept his girlfriend in place so that she couldn’t sneak away, he knew that he wanted her beside him right now; he didn’t care what anyone else thought, she was his girlfriend.

Queen Sofia moved around the room shaking the hand of every footballer that she could, she smiled politely at each of them and thanked them for what they had done for their country.

Mia carefully slipped out of sight while Iker shook Queen Sofia’s hand, he chuckled knowing that his girlfriend wouldn’t be able to hide away forever; if the team won the world cup then he wanted Mia by his side for the celebrations.

Mia was shy and he hoped that it would all work out okay when it came to after the world cup; it was going to be big when they took the trophy home.

It was at that moment that Carles reappeared from the shower dressed only in a towel, he stared shocked at the sight of Queen Sofia before he blushed embarrassed as he remembered what he was wearing.

However the Queen took it in her stride and shook his hand while everyone watched amused as they tried to cover up their laughter; they couldn’t believe that Carles had been caught out like that.

Queen Sofia smiled politely as she thanked the team before she headed out of the locker room so that they could shower and get ready to head back to their hotel.

“Carles, the next time you meet royalty you might want to put some clothes on,” Vicente said amused looking at the defender who was glaring at his amused team-mates as he moved to his locker; he couldn’t believe that Carles had done that.

Iker smirked as he removed his jersey and put it down on his locker, he knew what he wanted to do that night and he wondered if Mia would join him; he could already hear his team-mates planning to go out and celebrate.

The footballer knew that he hadn’t been on a night out since before the tournament and even then it was rare since Sara had hated going out with him to a night club.

###

Author's Note:

Check out the video to see Carles Puyol meeting the Queen in a towel.