Part One - Chapter Sixteen: The First Date

Mia looked confused walking into her hotel room to find a box on her bed, she furrowed her brow as she walked forward and smiled as she spotted Iker’s hand writing on the envelope that sat on top of the box.

Mia carefully picked it up and opened it, she had been dating the footballer for nine days now and this was the first time that he had done something like this; she looked at the letter confused as she saw what he had written inside.

“For tonight?” Mia whispered confused carefully setting down the letter and moved to open the white box, she paused as she stared at the dress inside wondering what was going on; she swallowed as she carefully moved to pick up the nude skater dress with black lace detail that her boyfriend had gotten for her.

Mia opened her mouth wondering what Iker was planning, she knew that he wouldn’t have gone out and bought the dress himself since it would be all of the papers especially since he was meant to be single now.

Next to the big white box was another smaller box, that had been hidden behind it; Mia knew that it was probably shoes for the dress, the problem was that she didn’t know what they were for.

Mia sighed as she wondered what Iker had planned, she things had been going well for them lately but she wasn’t sure what her boyfriend had planned but she knew it had to be important if he’d gotten her a dress.

***

Iker smiled making sure that everything looked perfect for the date, he had noticed that morning that he’d never taken Mia for a date and he had wanted to fix that probably as soon as possible.

Iker had enlisted the help of his friends to make sure that their first date would be special and Iker had arranged a private room at one of the local restaurants so that they could have a special first date after nearly two weeks of being together.

Iker had also asked Olalla Torres to shopping to buy a new dress and shoes for Mia for their date since he wanted her to look nice; the families of the players had arrived that morning since the team were now through to the knock-out stage.

Iker smiled as he waited for Mia to arrive, he’d set up a private car to bring her to the Italian restaurant and he couldn’t wait for her to get there.

“So is there a reason behind this?” Mia asked stepping into the private room, she raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend who sighed relieved that she had arrived.

Iker had made sure that no one outside of the team knew about this meal and that Cassidy was distracted so that she wouldn’t bother Mia while she got ready for their first date.

“I had a revelation this morning… we’ve been together for over a week now and I’ve never taken you on a date,” Iker said approaching his girlfriend, this was a little odd but he didn’t mind since he wanted this to work out well; he would do anything to keep Mia happy and it would all end well for the both of them.

Mia looked at Iker a little surprised that he had gone through so much trouble for her, she truly hadn’t minded that they hadn’t had a first date since they were trying to keep their relationship a secret.

“You didn’t have to this,” Mia said as Iker smiled down at her, she probably wasn’t used to any of this; he knew that none of her ex-boyfriend’s would have treated her like this nor would they have had the money to spoil her with.

Iker chuckled kissing his girlfriend, he wanted to show her how her life would change just by being with him; Iker was all too aware that once they announced their relationship that Mia’s life was going to change.

“I did… you deserve to be treated special,” Iker murmured before he led Mia to the table, he just hoped that she wouldn’t be scared off by what would happen when their relationship was no longer a secret.

***

“Thank you for tonight,” Mia said finishing dinner and preparing to head back to their hotel, Iker kept an arm wrapped around her waist; he smiled pleased that dinner had gone well and he was sure that they were safe enough to walk back.

Mia leant against Iker as they walked out of the back of the restaurant, he used to being followed around and she knew that it was something that she would have to deal with if their relationship became public.

“Don’t mention it amor… I wanted to treat you to a special night,” Iker said holding her close, he was thrilled how well the night had gone and he couldn’t wait to see what would happen next.

The couple stepped into the cool night air making Iker pull away from his girlfriend and remove his jacket before he handed it to her.

Mia smiled a little taken back at his action as she pulled the jacket around her body before Iker wrapped his arm around Mia again; he felt comfortable enough not to worry about them being seen by anyone.

“You know I would have been happy just curling up in front of the television with room service again right?” Mia said looking up at Iker as they made their fifteen minute walk back to the hotel; she didn’t want anything special from Iker since she had no interest in his money nor his fame, she loved Iker for him even if she had yet to say those three words to him.

Iker chuckled and nodded his head keeping Mia close, he knew that she cared for him despite the fact that he was famous and that was why he liked her; he could be the poorest man in the world and he didn’t doubt she’d still be with him.

“I wanted to treat you… you deserve so much more,” Iker said approaching the hotel, he was glad that they had been able to walk in peace and he was aware that with the progression of the world cup that he wouldn’t get much chance to spend time with Mia; he wanted to show he that she was still important to him.

Mia blushed slightly ducking her head, she had been with her last boyfriend for three years and he had never treated her like Iker did; she felt important to him and special.

Un-noticed by the couple, Sara stepped out of the shadows and watched as they headed into the hotel; she swallowed the lump that formed in her throat as she glared at the brunette that had taken her place in Iker’s life.

Sara had known that there was something going on between her ex-boyfriend and his assistant, she had assumed that they were just sleeping together but to see them coming out of a nice restaurant together like that had shown her what was really going on.

The reporter frowned now knowing why Iker hadn’t wanted to get back together, she had hoped that he would come around but it wasn’t going to happen when he had another woman warming his bed for him.

Sara leant against the wall as she took a deep breath, she knew that while she had been the one cheating on Iker that she couldn’t be jealous that he was moving on; she just couldn’t believe that it was with some South African after he had dumped her.

Sara suddenly felt an idea form in her mind, she needed to get rid of Mia and she was sure that what pictures that she had gathered tonight would be perfect for getting what she wanted.