Part Two - Chapter Five: Mia's Decision

“Are you sure you still want to do this?” Iker asked looking at his girlfriend, he hated that she was leaving South Africa on poor terms with her sister but Rosie wasn’t going to come around anytime soon.

The couple were about to leave for Madrid and it would be a long time before they would be coming back and Abigail was going to need both of her parents around.

“I’m more than sure,” Mia said pressing a kiss to her boyfriend’s lips, she knew there was nothing anyone could do to change her mind; she loved Iker and she was sure he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her or Abigail.

Mia had never wanted to truly leave Iker the first time and Mia knew she couldn’t allow him to walk away from her now.

“I don’t want you to regret this decision,” Iker said looking around the apartment, they were due to leave soon and her family would come to see them off; all of them except Rosie.

Iker watched as his girlfriend shifted her hold on Abigail, he knew he would leave them behind if that was what she wanted; he would do it for Mia knowing that he couldn’t ask this of her.

“I could never regret being with you,” Mia reassured him, she loved Iker with all of her heart and she could never regret anything that she now had in her life even if her sister didn’t like it.

Iker sighed walking over to her and Abigail, he knew that she loved him and he loved her just as much; he just wanted to make sure that she understood what she was about to do.

“Iker… I want to move to Madrid with you,” Mia said allowing him to wrap his arms around her, he held her close as Abigail cooed at the attention that she was reaching.

***

“I’ll miss you dad,” Mia whispered hugging her father, she knew that leaving was going to be difficult but she couldn’t carry on a long distance relationship anymore.

Mia had done a lot of thinking and she knew that she had to put Abigail first, she couldn’t remain in South Africa any longer without causing problems for Iker.

“I’ll miss you too, don’t forget to call,” Danny said holding his daughter, he knew she would be fine and he hoped that Iker would look after her and Abigail.

Danny wasn’t stupid and he had known since Mia had announced that she was pregnant that this was going to happen; he only wished that Rosie was here to say goodbye.

Mia nodded her head as she smiled at him, she was wearing a mink leather with lace back T-shirt and high waist pull-on denim jeggings paired with black heeled ankle boots for the trip back to Madrid with her boyfriend.

Abigail was wearing a pink scene dress and pink shrug set and white corsage pram shoes, she was only two weeks old and everyone already loved her so much.

Iker hadn’t been able to resist taking pictures of her and showing her off to family and friends; he was completely in love with his daughter.

“You look after them,” Danny said turning to point at Iker, he could see how much Iker loved Mia and he hoped that everything would be okay when Mia arrived in Madrid.

Mia would be thrown head first into the lime-light that hadn’t really been focused on her while she was away from her boyfriend; now that was all going to change.

“Of course I will,” Iker said nodding at Danny, he would never allow anything to happen to his girlfriend or daughter; he would do whatever it took to protect them.

“But who’s going to protect them from him,” Rosie snapped stalking towards the small gathering, her brown eyes glaring at the footballer that was stealing away her sister and niece.

Rosie had been disappointed to hear that Mia still hadn’t changed her mind and this was going to be her last attempt at convincing her younger sister to remain in South Africa.

Danny sighed turning to face his eldest daughter, he wished that she could be happy for Mia instead of trying to ruin things; just because her ex-husband had hurt her didn’t mean that Iker was going to hurt Mia.

“So you’ve chosen him?” Rosie said moving to stand before her family, her eyes cold as she stared at Mia knowing she had no idea what she was doing.

Rosie had done so much thinking since her ultimatum and she had been so sure that Mia would choose her over the footballer.

“I’m not choosing anyone,” Mia said hoping that her sister would let this go, she didn’t want to fight with Rosie when she was moving to Madrid; she wasn’t just doing this for Abigail but for herself as well.

Mia really didn’t see it as chosen between her sister and boyfriend, she didn’t want to choose and she was sticking to her decision to move to Madrid.

Iker looked at Rosie wanting to plead with her not to do this, he didn’t want Mia leaving on bad terms with anyone but the older Trevanion daughter seemed determined to do this.

“Of course you are… you’re choosing your abusive boyfriend over your family,” Rosie spat as the colour drained from her father’s face; she was pushing her luck but she couldn’t let Mia and Abigail get on that plane and she was unwavering to stop this.

Mia stared at her sister in utter disgust that she would dare accuse Iker of such a thing, he had never hurt her in anyway.

“Iker isn’t abusive and never has been,” Mia snapped trying to keep herself calm, she couldn’t cause a scene in the airport; she couldn’t wrap her head around what her sister was thinking.

Iker carefully held Abigail wondering why Rosie would say such a thing about him when he hadn’t done anything wrong; she didn’t even know him and was accusing him of the worst.

“He might as well be… he’s isolating you away from your family,” Rosie accused shooting a look of revulsion at the footballer, she didn’t see much of her sister when Iker was around and now he was stealing her away.

Rosie wasn’t about to allow that to happen, she loved her sister and niece and was going to do whatever it took to keep them in Broederstroom.

“No that would be you’re doing,” Mia said with a shake of her head, she had stopped going home to her family when Iker was visiting because of how unwelcoming her sister had been.

Rosie blinked taken back by her sister’s words as the family fell silent, they all knew that Mia was slowly growing tired of what Rosie was doing and it had finally come to a head.

“I can’t put up with your negativity anymore Rosie and if you can’t be happy for me and Iker then I don’t want to know,” Mia said mournful that it had finally come to this.

The last ten months had been draining on Mia who had tried everything to keep the peace and now she just couldn’t do it anymore.

Rosie’s ultimatum had been the last straw along with her decision to accuse Iker of being abusive towards her; Mia didn’t need that sort of behaviour around her newborn daughter.

“Fine,” Rosie huffed turning on her heel and walked away, she didn’t look back knowing that she was going to prove that Iker would only hurt Mia.

Iker watched Rosie leave as he shifted nervously, this wasn’t how he had wanted things to end and he wished that things would have gone better for Mia and Rosie.