VI. GETTING TO KNOW YOU

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

OCTOBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"Congrats on your win yesterday," Remus said as he sat across from a shocked Holland in the library.

"Thanks," She said, eyeing him wearily.

"What?" He asked, noting her uneasiness.

"You're sitting with me," Holland shrugged, going back to reading Romeo and Juliet. Again, "That's never happened before,"

"Sorry, I can go," Remus apologised, starting to pick up his bag and stand up.

"No, stay," Holland chuckled, "I find your presence rather comforting,"

"I see you're enjoying the book," Remus noted, gesturing to the play in her hands.

"My new favourite," Holland smiled, closing it and putting it aside, "So, tell me," She started, "What's Remus Lupin doing on a rather ravishing day like today in a library talking to Holland Lux?" The Irish girl asked.

"My friends were annoying me, so I came here," He shrugged, "What about you?" He asked.

"Same as you," She chuckled.

"I have an idea," Remus piped up after a few moments of silence.

"And what is this idea, Mr. Lupin?" Holland asked with a teasing smile.

"Let's play twenty questions," He proposed, "To get to know each other better,"

"Alright," Holland nodded, biting her lip slightly with a small smile resting on her face, "You start,"

"Favourite colour?" He started.

"Blue," Holland answered, "Favourite food?"

"Chocolate,"

***

It had been half an hour and the pair both had five questions left, and they were starting to get deeper and deeper.

"Favourite subject and why?" Remus asked.

"I have two," Holland sheepishly admitted.

"Go ahead," Remus smiled at her.

"I like Muggle Studies, because you get to see both sides of the world in a way you wouldn't before," She answered, "And I also love Care of Magical Creatures,"

"Why's that?" Remus asked.

"I don't know," Holland shook her head with a soft smile.

"What do you mean?" Remus asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well-" Holland started to explain before a hand grabbed Remus and pulled him out of his seat, managing to send the girl a small smile and a wave, before he got whisked away from the library, out of sight.

Holland smiled slightly as she watched a helpless Remus be dragged out of the library, when she heard chairs being pulled up, and three new people sat with her.

"What did Lupin want?" Regulus asked, as the raven haired girl turned around, hiding her copy of Romeo and Juliet under some other homework.

"Just some potions notes," Holland dismissed, before looking up at her friends, "What's up?"

"We just wanted to know if you're going to Hogsmeade tomorrow," Bronwyn told her.

"Uh, no," Holland shook her head, "I was just going to work on some game strategies, instead,"

"Well, you are now," Maxine smiled, deviously.

Holland let out a snort, shaking her head, "No, I'm not,"

"Hey, if I'm being dragged there to pick out a Halloween costume against will, then so are you," Regulus told the older girl.

"Do I really have to go?" She groaned.

"Yes!" Her friends cried.

"Shh!"

***

Remus had to admit, he rather enjoyed his afternoon. He had read some of his new book, completed all of his homework he had been given that week, and enjoyed getting to know Holland more. That was, until Sirius yanked him out of his chair and dragged him back to the Gryffindor tower, gathering his friends and sitting Remus down on his bed, as he paced around the room.

"Why?" The long-haired boy asked.

"Why what?" Remus asked, looking like a cross between a kicked puppy and a deer in headlights.

"Wait, wait, wait," James said, taking off his glasses and rubbing his temples, "What's Moony done now?"

"I decided to go find Moony, as I needed to copy his potions homework," Sirius started his small anecdote, making Remus groan, rolling his eyes, "When I find him, sitting at a table in the back of the library, laughing and chatting happily away. With a girl,"

"Go, Moony," Peter chuckled.

"Your point?" James asked, already bored.

"That girl was a Slytherin," Sirius said, "Named Holland Lux," He looked around for his friend's reactions. Receiving blank stares in return, "You seriously have nothing to say?" The boy asked.

"I just think the most surprising thing is that you went to the library," James chuckled.

"I'm serious!" The dark haired boy cried.

"Yes, we know," James smirked, making Sirius glare at him. James sighed, "Why do even care?"

"Yeah, she's actually pretty nice," Peter sheepishly smiled.

"She's a Lux!" Sirius yelled.

"And you're a Black!" James shrugged.

"Sirius, if you go starting fights with every sodding pureblood out there, you'll-"

"Catch some death eaters?" Sirius cockily asked, cutting Remus off.

"End up dead," Remus deadpanned.

"Everyone ends up dead eventually," Sirius shrugged.

"Right," James stood up, turning to face Remus, "Why were you talking to her?"

"I was just asking about the Astronomy homework," Remus lied.

"There," James smiled, turning to Sirius with a satisfied look, "Happy now?" He asked.

"Yeah," Sirius nodded, giving Remus a quick smile, before leaving their dorm.