Chapter 1- We Need You

Khalil
1 months later

"King you gone have to chill out with all that hollering. Go to sleep or some shit." I say attempting to lay him back down.

I haven't had a full nights sleep in I don't know how long. Everything really been stressful and London ass ain't been making it no better.

Our relationship ain't been the best either. Every time we think we doing good it's always some shit. Then we go right back to fucking and the cycle starts over.

"Lil man where your mama at?" I pick King up. He just starts mumbling and grabs my face.

"Damn King chillout." I say laughing. I pick up the phone and dial London's number. The first time I call, she declines it.

"quit fucking playing with me." I murmur under my breath.

I call again and this time she picks up. "wassup Khalil?" she says catching an attitude. "Wassup? Who got you talking like that. Where you at and who you with?"

"Who the fuck do you think you are? You are not my dad. But if you must know, I am catching up with Vic at a coffee shop."

I look at King with a stank face receiving a toothless grin. "Well can you catch up with her later? because King needs you." Shit I need you. I thought.

"Please chill out. I'll swing by your place and pick him up in a little bit." Before I can even respond, she hangs up in my face.

I toss the phone on the other side of the bed and look at King. "Yeah your mama has lost her rabbit ass mind. This the reason we all ain't no family yet." Probably the reason King doesn't have another sibling on the way too.

"Ayooooo nigga I'm out." Alex walks in announcing. He daps me up. "You gone hit the club up with me tonight. It's some fine ass thotianas over there." he says doing the dance.

I yawn unintentionally and point to King. "Got daddy duties my nigga. Instead of talking to these hoes you need to try to get right with Vic."

Alex waves me off. "Man fuck her. I aint kissing ass to no bitch-" I cut him off. "Chill out with that bitch word." I say cooly. Regardless of whether they were together or not, Vic still my homegirl.

Alex nods his head. "Well I ain't kissing ass to no girl. I apologized for my wrong doings. She just can't cut a nigga no slack. I'm not begging her to stay.

I raise my hand up completely understanding. "Shit I feel you. Do you bro." we do our handshake and he walks out of the room.

Vic

"Girl who got you sighing like that?" I ask

"Girl who got you sighing like that?" I ask. London looks up from her phone. "Khalil acting like he can't watch that baby for 2 minutes."

I look at her. "Nah now be real London. He had that baby all week since you been dealing with your classes." She puts a stank face on. "Oh so you on Khalil side too? oh okay."

Placing my menu down I shake my head. "As long as you have known me you know damn well I don't do 'sides'. It's about who right and who wrong and in this case..your wrong." I say putting her in her place. "When Khalil does some shit wrong I let his ass know just like I'm letting you know."

London nods her head. "Shit is just stressful."

"I know. But it's stressful for both of you so y'all just have to communicate and find out the best way to do this."

"You right. Now aside from me. When are you and Alex gone quit playing? I roll my eyes. "I never knew there was a game to be played." I say honestly.

"He apologized so just forgive the nigga. He was really trying."

I clap my hands in a sarcastic way. "London I don't care about that. I don't take a nigga hitting me very lightly." Disrespect like that never rolled right with me.

"Girl he was drunk." London says defensively. "Okay and? Just because I'm drunk does that give me the right to go kill somebody or put a house on fire or rob a bank? Hell no." I shot back

"That's way different situations-." I cut her off. "They are different situations but the same context." I change the subject.

"Besides..I have a date." I say scrolling through my phone for that dating app i just started using.

"Vic cut the bullshit. You know how I feel about you using that stuff. I don't wanna see you on the next episode of Catfish."

Without responding I show London the picture of the nigga. "Ooouu Okay Vic he kinda fine. I still don't like this online thing but for now he'll do." I bust out laughing.

"Yeah he a keeper. He asked me to some club so that's the move tonight."

Before London can respond, her phone began to ding indicating an iMessage. She looks at her phone and sighs again. "Girl I gotta go." She gets up and hugs me.

"Aight bye girl."