Chapter 5- Keys

Khalil

"I'm trying to see who got your daughter all happy

"I'm trying to see who got your daughter all happy." I yell to London's mom from the kitchen. Her comment under my post received mad hate from all these other hoes. London's mom comes out of the kitchen burping King. "Lord what this girl did now."

I shake my head and place my phone down. Ma moves King back on her hip. "What are yall feeding this baby. He just as chunky as he wants to be." she says pinching his rolls.

I throw my hands up as an act of surrendering. "Don't ask me. London the one with the super-titty milk." Ma comes over and playfully hits my shoulder.

I look over at King. He was a big baby for him to only be like 2 months. He was bad as fuck too. Always messing with stuff and London blame everything he do on my genes. Which is probably where he gets it from but still.

Ma walks up to the wall looking at pictures of me, Jahari, and Alex. "Where them boys of yours right now?" she asks. "They somewhere." is all I say. I never real monitored where they go or what they do. They're grown men.

"Interesting. Is it hard raising a baby and being with London in a house full of boys?" she asks. Again.

"I mean there has been some moments but it comes in handy. Alex and Jahari help out a lot." At times, I've wanted to be alone with just London and King but it ain't happened yet. "I'm just ready for you guys to get a house." she says placing King with his toys.

It aint that I didn't wanna have a house with London. I'm trying to spend the rest of my life with her. A house is gonna come when it comes. In an awkward, moment of silence, I heard a knock at the door.

Ma looks at me, I guess wondering who was at the door. Getting up I say, "that's London." I see the shock on Ma's face. "You mean to tell me that your girlfriend slash babymomma doesn't have a key. It's bad enough that you don't have a house." she says bashing me.

I roll my eyes and walk toward the door. I was going to give London a key. It's just that I either got lazy or just forgot.

I open the door and see London grinning. She jumps on me, wrapping her legs around my waist. I grab her ass and lift her up. I'm surprised at her response to see me but I'm not complaining. Her lips crash into mines and there we are having a full blown make out session like it's just me and her.

"Maybe yall don't need that house after all." A voice says, interrupting our moment. London sees that its her mom and immediately jumps off of me getting embarrassed. "That house won't do nothing but give you two more space to do nasty shit like this. Pretty soon, there will be a bus load of kids." London and I laugh.

"Momma why are you here?" London asks in an irritated tone. "I'm trying to figure out why you don't have a key to the apartment yet." Ma crosses her arms looking me up and down with a crazy look.

I purposely sigh loudly and place my arm around London's shoulder thinking she'd have my back but instead, she pushes me off of her. "Yea Khalil. Why don't I have a key yet?" She crosses her arms and stands side by side her twin. I swear London and her mom act too much alike. I chuckle lightly.

"You right. Im going to get you that key." London leans in to whisper something to her mom. Failing to actually do the whispering part right, I hear them. "Mama, he said that the last 100 times."

Before I could interrupt, her mom butts in. "I know baby. Just let him keep saying that." she pats London's shoulder as a way of consoling her. I cough loudly letting them know I heard everything

Ma looks at her watch and her eyes widen. "Ouu I need to get going before I'm late for this bible study. And I better see you guys at church." she kisses King goodbye.

"I already told you that we attend Bedside Baptist. As soon as Khalil and I wake up, we are on the computer watching T.D. Jakes." Mama and I laug.

"Khalil get your girl together," she states before walking out. When she leaves, London goes on the mat to play with King.

"You know she's right? I mean I'm not judging and shit but I would like a key." She states without taking her eyes off of the baby.

I roll my eyes. Not her too. "Yeah I gotcha."