Chapter 24- Uninvited Bestfriend

London
I stand at the doorway watching Khalil sleep with King hugging on my leg.

"King why you all up on me. You know you can walk." I joke and tickle him.

King gotten the grasp of walking real quick. He falls every blue moon but for the most part he likes the idea of walking around and tearing everything that is not his.

He lets go and stands up on his own.

King and I have been up since like 9 but it's now 1 in the afternoon and Khalil still isn't up. He must've went to sleep late or stayed up watching that movie.

"Go watch our daddy up." I whisper.

King walks over to the bedside, to short to even see Khalil's face, and uses his arms to hit Khalil up.

"Up! Up!"

I laugh to myself at Khalil getting mad at them blows he was taking to the face.

King doesn't stop and finally Khalil gets up. Standing up, he was entirely out of King's reach so he was just hitting his knee.

Khalil picks his son up and walks over to me. "Wassup mama." He kisses my cheek.

I fold my arms. "Why you up so late?"

He picks his phone up and walks to the kitchen. "Had a long night."

I nod my head, partially satisfied with my answer and follow them.

Khalil takes a seat by the island while I grab some cereal and milk.

"Aye I gotta question" He asked.

"Wassup?" I take my bowl of cereal to the seat across from him.

"I think we should get like a babysitter-." I cut him off right there.

"Nope. I don't do babysitters." Khalil knew why. These people are dangerous and cruel and will do just about anything to a child. I ain't afraid to go to jail for killing a skank that touch my kid in any type of way.

He holds his hand up to stop me. "Ma I know how you feel but it doesn't just have to be a babysitter. It can be a camp or daycare program."

I squint my eyes at him. "Why would we need something like that anyway?"

"Just for times I may not be here." He shift in his seat uncomfortably.

"And why wouldn't you be here." I ask worried.

"I'm thinking about getting a job so I might not be there 24/7 and I know you're going to be going back to school for your masters and all sooooo." He trails off.

As a nervous remedy he grabs his phone and just starts scrolling through I don't know what. I stare at him contently wondering why he would want a babysitter or leave King in someone else care.

Suddenly, I see Khalil's facial expression change like he saw a ghost.

"What is it?" I ask

He shakes his head and grabs my hand. "We gotta talk."

I swallow and try to breathe because this could be anything. "O-ok." I say

"Let me go let King watch tv in our room." He picks King off the floor who seemed as if he was listening to hard

"Yea go do that." I mumble.

I was putting my bowl in the sink when I heard the doorbell ring. I walk over to the door and see Victoria standing in front of me.

"Umm hey girl. Why you ain't call?" I ask puzzled. I let Vic in and she takes a seat on the couch.

She pats the seat beside her. "Have a seat."

I walk over and sit down, twirling my fingers around. "Sooo?" I ask trying to initiate the conversation.

"Khalil has been-."

"Nah Shutup!"i year Khalil day and in a matter of seconds I see him rushing down the stairs with widened eyes.

"Vic shut yo big mouth up. I was gone tell her." He fumes. By now Vic was standing up, full blown pissed.

"Watch yo mouth because I'm really not the one." She says walking up to Khalil like she was about to throw hands.

"And London deserves to know because you obviously weren't going to tell her until it got to this point so save me the chit chat."

Khalil starts pacing around fuming. I intervene not trying to start any more conflict. I didn't really understand the situation at hand though.

I pull Khalil back towards me to avoid him swinging at Vic.

"He a no good daddy too probably." Vic turns her head to talk out the side of her neck.

"Khalil Stop!" I yell pouncing to get him off of her. It happened to quick and right after Vic said those words Khalil just snapped.

He only got like 2 blows in before he realized what he was doing and even those did some damage to Vic's lip.

"My fault." He says wiping his lips like he was the one who got hit.

"Girl he so ugh I can't even." Vic starts rambling while holding her lip to keep blood from trickling

I could see that Vic's presence was making Khalil irritated and that's made me irritated to.

"Vic chill out. You haven't told me yet about what going on. So please just get out." I point to the door hoping she would get the idea. Not to be mean but just because her being here didn't give me any answer.

She stares blankly and thinks for moment before nodding her head and walking toward the door.

"Just text me okay?" I say trying to soften what I said feeling bad.

All I hear is the door slamming. I slump down on the couch breathing heavy.

I close my eyes and tap into the reality of what happened.

Khalil just jacked Vic up. I seem like a bad bestfriend. Everything was going wrong this early in the day.

But more importantly, what did Vic have to tell me so badly?

I bounce out of my thoughts and turn to Khalil

"So get to talking."