Chapter 11- illegal stress reliever

Khalil
"Please take a seat sir." This old lady told me while i waited in this dusty looking room. Why they had to put Tye in a place like this? Ain't nun fun about here.

A tall male figure approached me, patting me down. "Follow me." He said in a deep voice. I trailed the man to a room with other families on the phone with the inmates.

"He'll be with you shortly." The officer said but when I turned around he had already dipped. Dang.

I take a seat towards the end and scope the scene.

"You see dada." A girl who looked about my age said to a smiling child in her lap. The man on the other end smiled and placed his hand on the window, only to have a officer start approaching him telling him to remove it.

That reminded me of Ryan and what we could've been. Minus the jail scene. But imma let her do her.

The chair across from me scrubs the floor catching my attention and I turn to see a worn down Tye.

I chuckle at the sight of him. "Bruh they roughing you up I see." He had bags under his eyes and looked bad all around.

Tye shakes his head in disbelief and smacks his lips. "I always gotta be on lookout. These fools crazy."

I nod my head, totally understanding. There was an awkward silence between us before he broke the tension.

"Aye I heard about the baby and all. Congrats." He said looking down.

"Yea it's cool. She's my world." I say. And at this point, my only concern.

"But look man" Tye starts. "I'm sorry about how things went down with me and Ally. I ain't mean-." I cut him off.

"You good. I been forgave you." I say. Relief seems to wash over him and he relaxes a little bit.

"So you just came to see..me then?" Tye asked confused about why I was here.

"Ehhhhh , that and the fact that I need a favor." I said lowering my voice.

Tye leans in closer ready for the favor.

" I know you be having the hookups on the.." with my hand I make it seem like I'm smoking sum. "So I need it for somebody."

Tye nods his head. "Who it's for? I can get my guy to meet him somewhere."

I rub my hands down the back of my neck. "It's for me." I say lowly making sure nobody eavesdropping.

"FOR YOU?!" Tye semi yells which was loud enough for everyone to hear. A police officer stats to walk toward us but I signal that everything was good and he went back.

"Dang bro pipe down. You too loud." I whisper. "But yea it's for me."

"I don't get it. What you need it for?" Tye scrunches his eyebrows in confusion.

"I been stressed and need something to relieve it. My girl gone. We probably got a custody battle on the way. And I'm failing."I say honestly.

With London and the baby and school, it's been tough. And now everything basically going downhill.

Reluctantly, he gives me the hookup with the dude and I thank him.

"Bruh i ain't getting in yo business but this ain't gone take away none of the pain. Believe me I tried." Tye said.

I look him up and down. He in jail for 11 months and think he Dr. Phil now.

"Yeah I'll take my chances." I say getting up and walk out.
_______________
"So bro what's the move tonight? You on daddy duties?" Jahari asked.

I shake my head. "Nah. London got her right now."

"I think imma gone and get a quick hookup over at that new club tonight then. They say it be bussin."

I swear Jahari always wanna party. "Aye do you bro." I say dapping him up.

Right after we do our handshake, Alex starts running around doing the Thotiana dance

He starts bumping into everything and I was not in the mood for his goofy self.

While dancing he accidentally knocks my backpack over spilling all of my bags of coke that i got from Tye's hookup earlier.

"What the?" Alex asked turning down the music on his phone.

"Bruh y'all play too much. Chill out dang." I try to grab the bags up but they saw them.

Jahari's eyes are just wide and he looks at me and my backpack. "You joking with us right? Don't tell me you back on this again."

"I ain't back on nothing. It's just something to relieve this stress." I simply state. They act like I'm not grown.

"Go talk a walk. Go cuss. Go do something productive. But doing coke ain't gone cut it and i ain't getting in trouble for yo punk tail again." Alex said getting heated.

"Watch who you talking too bruh. I ain't y'all sons and y'all ain't running nun so bite down. Ion even know why you tripping anyway." I say.

"Cuz you know what my dad did. And now you bringing all this mess, acting just like him. You- man get out my face." Alex walks past me.

Jahari tried to stop and talk to him but he pushed him out the way and left.

I smacked my lips. That's why I ain't want them to see in the first place.

"I'm gone." I start to head to my room, not really caring about this situation

"You wrong bro. Don't start back on this. You remember how high school went when you was on this. London ain't coming back if she catch you and you definitely not gone get your son." Jahari said before I lost it.

I lunged for him and pushed him against the wall causing some picture to fall down.

"Shutup on them 2 because you don't know nothing about it." I say serious.

Jahari pushes me off of him and does some kind reverse karate move, pushing me hard into the coach.

"Bruh sit yo goofy self down somewhere. Think about what you finna do and see it's gone help your situation or worsen it." He starts.

"Cuz that my guy," he point to my bag filled with coke. "Is going to land you right back to where you were in high school- jail."