Chapter 40- ft on the low

London

"Lord knows your grandma can talk somebody to death

"Lord knows your grandma can talk somebody to death." I mumble as I played with King on his playmat.

He, of course, ignored me and played with his toys though.

It's like everywhere I go, somebody is trying to lecture me. First Vic and now Kings mom.

Maybe me and him just don't need to be together. I mean when it's going good it's amazing but when it's bad it's straight hell.

And I know he feels the same way too.

Duke has been treating me well anyway. We've only been on a few dates but I'm pretty satisfied. He's not Khalil but it will suffice.

Nothing lasts forever anyway.

I'm actually surprised because since I've met him I've never been sexually involved with him and he hasn't pressured me either.

And I like that. He's patient with me.

"King get your hand out of your mouth." He is too old for that and he knows that King would have a fit seeing him do that.

"YoU bAbY hIm ToO mUcH LoNdOn." I can already imagine him saying. I laugh softly.

"Dada." King says passing me one of his toy race cars.

"Oh no sir. Say mama. Not dada." I say highly annoyed.

I'm the one that gave this boy life and he is crazy over the word dada. I feel some type of way.

"Dada dada". King taunts me seeing that it irritates me.

I roll my eyes and playfully push King, tickling him.

"What..I.. say... lil.. boy." I say tickling him between each word.

"Owe." I wince in pain grabbing my jaw. King's daddy long legs ass kicked me in the mouth.

King, I guess seeing that I was hurt, sat up. "Mama." He says while sitting in my lap laying on my chest.

"Oh now you can say mama?" I grumble.

I guess this was his way of consoling me. It's amazing the things babies pick up on.

I hug King back and whip out my phone, checking out all the latest news on social media.

"Dada." King whines pointing to the phone.

"You wanna FaceTime him?" I ask.

King nods his head and I proceed to call Khalil.

After the second ring he answers and his face too lights up when Kings big forehead is in front of the screen.

"Wassup lil man." Khalil says cheesing hard.

"Dada." He replies.

"King wanted to see you so i just had to call you." I say.

Khalil didn't answer and it looked like he was walking around.