Chapter 35- take it day by day

London

"Oh nahhhh

"Oh nahhhh." Vic says trying to steal my phone. I hold it over towards my side so she couldn't reach it.

"Keep your eyes on what's important." I say implying to the road.

"London this is important." She whines

I read her both messages. The one from Khalil and Duke. And she was not happy at all about Khalil's.

"Well what should I do." I asked

"Give him a taste of your own medicineeeeee." Vic sings.

I hit her on her neck gently. "Alright thats enough Queen Naija. For real."

"To be honest. Hear him out." Vic sticks her tongue out like she had a bad taste in her mouth and starts laughing. "Girl I'm cappin sooo hard. Who cares about what that boy has to say."

Vic was right. I needed to stop caring. He's done me wrong way to many times for me to start caring now.

"That's finna be my mentality from now on. Especially if it doesn't concern my kid." I say. I was done with the games.

She nods before going in her purse to get a piece of gum. "And as for Duke?" She smacks on her gum.

I was too busy into my phone to hear her, smiling.

She peaks over me and gives a slight chuckle. "Oh nevermind. Seems to me that you already have that figured out."

I look up and put my phone back in my lap. "A date has been arranged for Friday."

"Where y'all going?"

I unlock my phone to go back to our messages because I forgot just that quick. "Going to the movies and pick up some quick food."

Vic turns her lip up. "Uhh did you just say quick food?"

I look down before facing her. "Quick food fast food it's all the same." I shrug and laugh.

"Whatever but what are you going to do about stanka back here?"

I think for a moment on who King can stay with. Smiling evily, I turn to Vic and do my best puppy dog face.

Vic, not getting it just stared back looking more confused than ever, before finally getting it. "Ohhhhhhhh, Yea I got him. All night long." She says putting emphasize on the night part.

I shake my head. "Not that kind of party. Duke doesn't even seem like that type of guy. He takes me as more of the sheltered type."

I grab my sunglasses and place them on my face because the sun was completely in my face.

Vic kisses her teeth. "Dang you right. But you never know."
___________
Duke
I get done sweeping the hairs of my last client before the break. Dude gave me a $10 tip which instantly put me in a good mood.

Gettin that text back from London put me in a better mood.

I sit back in my barbers chair and text London, arranging a possible link up.

Personally I thought she was going to dog me.  Lucky me I guess. But it's evident that she has some drama in her life and I bet it's with Kings dad. I ain't tryna be on no hubby bull though. I'm just living for the moment and like what I see.

"Aye bruh ain't up and quit messing up my chairs." Nico says waving some clippers at me while he talked.

I kiss my teeth and sit up. He been in a bad mood all day. Something dealing with his girl though because he's been blowing her up sending her all kinds of apology voicemails.

"Troubles in paradise I see." I smirk giving my slick comment. I sit back in my original position on my seat.

Nico flips me off and packs his supplies back in his bag. "Shawty really trippin though. Always overreacting." He fumes.

"Glad I don't have to deal with that." I clap my hands together.

"So you ain't gone mess with that girl that was down here the other day?" He Arches his eyebrows in confusion.

I shrug my shoulders. "Whatever happen just happens fam." I take out a cigarette. Nico gives me that death stare and I put it up.

"You already know, go outside with that bruh." Nico stresses.

I stand up and stretch a little bit before heading outside.

Ding.

I look down from my cigarette at my phone and see the text I had been waiting for.

Ole girl😉- Friday is fine. It's a date.

I don't know about that date part but hey, she can think what she wants.

Nico

Just a filler guys💓share n comment n vote 💓