Chapter 38- Waste of Energy

Vic

Where is this boy? I called Alex like 10 minutes ago and he still wasn't here

Ding ding ding ding.

My phone goes off in my back pocket and I see his caller ID pop up on the screen.

"Are you finally here?" I ask impatiently.

"Watch yo mouth shawty." He says in a raspy voice that turned me on. "I'm out here. Hurry up."

I grab my purse and walk out. I decided against it to tell London I was leaving. Seems like she's mad at me for telling the truth.

Seeing Alex's black BMW, he had the window rolled down, smoking a blunt. Looking at me with hooded eyes.

"Wassgood ma." He says after taking a puff.

I stand in front of him and cross my arms. He looks back and after a while it got awkward.

"Are you gonna get out and open the door for me." I ask seriously. I was big on small things like this.

He dumps his ashes out. "Nah you good. We ain't together anyway remember. Not finna waste my energy on that." He says coldly.

I pop my tongue and get in the car myself. I look ahead. Partially out embarrassment.

"Awww look who made things hard on herself." Alex flashes a million dollar smile at me.

"Shutup and drive."

Alex shakes his head and puts the keys in, starting the car.

He drives off to his crib and i put my AirPods in listening to Moneybagg.

I end up dozing off and in what seemed was 2 minutes, Alex was tapping me on my shoulder waking me up.

"Ok I'm up." I swat at him.

I get out of the car after him. And wait for him to unlock the door.

"Where is Khalil." I ask

"You know he got big money now so he got his own crib now."

"Seems like he's happy."

"Yea, my boy straight."

"If only London could get out of her feelings and be happy like him." I mumble.

Letting me in the house, Alex turns his nose up at me. "What you mean?"

"She been tripping. Like she's the one that broke up with him and she all depressed and shit like their aren't any other niggas out there." I huff.

"Make sure you let her know that to her face and you ain't talking out the side of yo neck." He puts his keys down.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." He says. "You sound salty as fuck. Let her do what she gotta do to get her life together."

Going into his cabinets he grabs a big bag of Doritos.

"And how long will that take?" I ask.

He starts munching on the chips. "I don't know but it doesn't concern you so stay out of it."

I plop myself on the couch not listening to nothing he has to say. "Whatever nigga."

"Watch yo mouth shawty." He replies.

"I ain't yo shawty. And that's not my name either." As Alex comes and sits on the other side of me, I reach over to grab some chips out of his bag.

"What you doing yo?" He backs up.

"Trying to get some chips stupid." I say snatching the bag.

"I swear you got some problems."

"And you like them."

He grabs the remote and turns on the tv. "At times."

I don't respond and sit their watching the screen as he roams through the different channels.

"What you wanna watch?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter."

While pressing the channels the Rap Game reruns starts playing. "Stop stop right there." I yell hectic

"Dang girl." He tosses the remote in my lap. And walks towards the back.

I scrunch my face up confused. "You're not gonna watch it with me?"

"You so bipolar yo." He says. "But nah."

"And why not?"

"Because That's wasting too much energy and I need to use it for a girl that knows for sure that she wants me." He says plainly.

"I want you." I shrug. Life's too short to not say what's on you're mind.

"You only want me on good days."

"Not true but ok." I say returning back to my show.

I can see in the corner of my eyes him staring at me intensely. I kept repositioning myself, feeling uncomfortable until he left.