Chapter 30- Barber of my dreams

London

"King get yo lil butt back over here before I embarass you

"King get yo lil butt back over here before I embarass you." I shout through gritted teeth.

He was wondering around the store taking clothes off hangers and all kinds of nonsense.

I'm bout to whoop his behind in a minute.

Before he can do anything else, I place him on my hip and walk out. There wasn't nothing in there worth buying anyway.

King starts whining so I pluck him on his thigh making him whine some more.

"Aight I got something for you." I say and King knew exactly what it was.

I had a belt in the car with his name on it.

"Noooo." He cries laying down on my shoulder.

"Well be quiet." I whisper.

Silence.

I place him in his car seat and we drive over to the barbershop.

I didn't really know these parts of town like that so I didn't feel comfortable coming here. But Khalil hasn't been answering my texts or calls in a minute so I couldn't get him to take King.

At first I was worried but then I found out that he was just hiding his stories from me on Instagram and Snapchat so he could be boo'd up with whoever the girl was.

So he was really just ignoring me. I don't think i care...

I don't.

The barbershop was only a few minutes away from the store and since we had the appointment.. reservation, or whatever you call these guy things.

Let me just say this is nothing like getting a hair appointment for a girl.

Arriving at the barbershop, the outside looked.. nice. So that's a start.

I get out and go to the backseat to wake King up.

"Lil man wake up." I say shaking him softly.

While he gets up and stirs around I grab my wallet and phone. By now King was fully up.

"You gotta get a haircut." I say rubbing his nappy hair. It looked packy in the back because He had been sleeping on it.

When we walk in, it seemed pretty low on workers.

Not really knowing what to do, I just sit with King in my lap on my phone and wait.

"Miss?"

I look up from the phone and see a man standing in front of me.

"Are you here for your son?" He asked.

I nod my head. "Yea we had an ummm..appointment." I say feeling slightly embarrassed at my lack of knowledge in this category.