Chapter 19- Talk for Talk

King

The party was slowly dying out and people were leaving

The party was slowly dying out and people were leaving. London ain't even look my way these past 2 hours.

I pass by Vic and she rolls her eyes at me. If only she knew.

"Vic come here." I say motioning for her to meet me in the Corner where my messy relatives can't eavesdrop.

She points to herself as if shocked. "Boy you got some nerve walking up to me after what you did." She walks towards me. "What the heck you want?"

"You gotta get London to talk to me. It really ain't what it look like."

Vic fold her arms. "Then enlighten me Khalil.. what is it really like?"

"I was going to check out the house-." I start before getting cut off.

Vic holds her hand up with her eyes wide open. "Hold up.. house?!" She says loud.

By now Vic is jumping up and down like it's her birthday. I fan my hands motioning for her to lower her voice. "Dang girl shut yo big mouth up but yea a house-."

She cuts me off again. "Is it for London and King?"

"Oh my goshhhhh will you chill and let me tell the story?" I ask highly annoyed. How she gonna hear me out interrupting after every sentence.

She smacks her lips. "Fine." She says, her happy vibe completely ruined.

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank you. But yea the house for them and the reason I was late was because the realtor took me and Alex on this long tour before we signed the papers."

"Ok so what you want me to do?" Vic says while filing her nails.

"Don't tell her about the house but just get her to talk to me so I can take her for a surprise ride to the crib. Maybe you and King can catch a ride in Alex car." I say watching her stiffen up.

I knew all about their history and real talk my boy been out of it without Vic so I know they needed to straighten some things out.

"Yeahhhh I don't know about that last part. But I got you in London." She says.

"Thanks Vic." I dap her up and she walks off to find London.
______________
London

"Yea I appreciate you for coming

"Yea I appreciate you for coming." I say putting on my best fake smile while walking some girl out the yard.

I didn't even know the girl. She was somebody from off campus Khalil knew.

"No problem chic." She says grabbing her 2 year old girl. "Say bye bye." She talks to the little girl and waves her little hand.

"Bye cutie." I say genuinely. I'm in love with babies.

"Oh and tell Khalil I said bye too." She says walking to her car with the baby on her hip.

I file my nails, uninterested. "That won't be necessary." I mumble.

She heard me but didn't say nothing and after placing her child in the car seat, drove off.

Bet you money Khalil used to mess around with her. I swear that boy so disrespectful.

Just as I was about to turn around I see Vic rushing towards me.

I just look at her while she acts crazy.

"London you need to go talk to Khalil." Vic says with her hand on my shoulder.

"Ha. You should be a comedian." I tease.

I whip my phone out and hand it to Vic. "I feel cute today. Can you take my picture before the sun goes down?" I beg with pleading eyes.

Part of me really did want pictures but the other part just knew Vic wouldn't turn the offer down.

"Ugh fine." Vic snatched the phone and snaps some pictures of me posing.

After a few minutes I get the phone back and admire them. They looked pretty good to me. I put one as my wallpaper and decided to post another on my Instagram

 I put one as my wallpaper and decided to post another on my Instagram

Liked by klilking and 45 others

londonmarie_- was finna go Ella Mai on ole boy, he must've forgot Imma city girl😼✌🏽
Alex-😍sis! the shade wasn't needed😫
londonmarie_- @A1ex it was a little too sunny. the shade was much needed☺️
KlilKing- 💓😍😍😍
theylove.kyla- cute cute💜💜

"You so petty." Vic says looking over my shoulder at the comments.

I just smile innocently.

"Now I know you tried to distract me with taking your pictures but you need to talk to Khalil because it's important." Vic says seriously

"Okay well I'll talk to Khalil when you talk to Alex." I say shrugging my shoulders waiting for an answer.

"Deal then. We was gone all take a ride somewhere anyway. Me, King, and Alex in one car. You and Khalil in the other. That gives both of us all the time in the world to talk."

I squint my eyes and look her up and down. "You serious."

"When am I not?"

I extend my hand out. "Deal." And we shake on it.