Chapter 37- Months on End

Khalil

(One month later)"Mama open up the door

(One month later)
"Mama open up the door." I say through the phone irritated. I had been standing here for the longest and she still ain't let me In.

I held the phone in one hand and Kings suitcases in the other.

"Mama just open the door." She was really tryna lecture me about patience right now. I swear black parents turn anything you say into a lecture.

I look behind me for King and see him leaning to close to a rose bush. I place the phone on my shoulders and hold it with my head.

"Boy getcho ass back over here." I snatch King up with my now free hand before he lands in the thorns

King was laughing but I was dead serious. I hold his hand to make sure he doesn't go wondering around again.

Next time imma let his lil butt get hurt because he needs to learn.

"Aye hold this for dada." I put the phone in his hands because I was holding entirely too much stuff.

"Don't drop it." I add.

I ring the door bell 3 more times repeatedly when I hear some slippers sliding across the floor.

"I'm coming damn boy." She fusses opening the door.

Completely ignoring me, she grabs King and showers him with kisses. He wasn't really focused though because all of his attention was on that phone.

"Nice to see you to Ma." I sigh. She hadn't even let me in yet.

She eyes me up and down and acts as if she looking. "Where's London?" She asked.

I invite myself in and place the bags on the side. "Man mama you should know the drill by now. It's been a month."

My mama sighs deeply. "I just miss y'all that's all."

I shift from one side to the another, taking my hands out of my pocket. "We ain't gone nowhere."

The back of her hand hits my shoulder hard.

"Oww ma." I mean mug her.

"Don't be talking to me like I'm one of yo lil friends. You know what I mean." She walks off into the kitchen taking King with her.

"You hungry baby." My mama said aloud.

I walk in the kitchen and have a seat. "Yea, what you fix?"

My mom faces me and kisses her teeth. "Oh I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my grand baby." She hugs King before putting him down.

He runs off to the couch to some watch some stupid Sonic and Mario Kart video on YouTube.

"Well I'm hungry to." I plead.

She doesn't answer me and walks up with a paper plate with foil on top of it.