Chapter 7- we need a break

London

"Hey sorry I'm late

"Hey sorry I'm late." I say as I take a seat beside Jayden. He barely noticed my presence because he was so deep into the rap battle.

"Oh hey.. wassup." He says almost as if surprised that I'm here. "Thought you weren't going to come."

I give a fake laugh and look away. "Yeahhh I had to handle something but I'm here now." I didn't feel like talking about the situation. Jayden sees that and goes back to watching the rappers.

The rappers were good I must admit but the whole time I'm thinking about what happened with Khalil. I'm sure I said some things that I ain't mean but it was just how I felt.

My silence must've been noticed. "You wanna dip outta here and get something to eat?" Jayden says tapping my shoulder. I jolt from his touch and nod my head grabbing my things.

Before we walk out Jayden goes over to the security guard. They do some kind of handshake and talk for a little bit. Jayden walks back over to me smiling.

"You know him?" I ask nosily.

"Yeah, we were in the army together." He says walking. I make a big gasping sound. "Y-you were in the army?" I ask and he nods.

"5 years." He responds. I don't know why but I've always loved men in the army. It's just sexy to me and him telling me that only made me want him to take me right then and there.

"Interesting." Is all I manage to say before we are confronted by a tall figure. It's Khalil.

I don't know why I didn't flinch or anything.  Jayden didn't either. I think the fact that I was around Jayden made me feel safer. "You our here with this dude? Cmon." He turns his attention to Jayden. "And you need to bag back my guy. She taken."

Jayden looks between me and Khalil as if weighing his options. He didn't look scared one bit. "Khalil get away from him dang."

Before Khalil can speak, Jayden steps in. "Nah London. But aye imma need you to get out of my face before I do something imma regret."

I start to grab at Jayden and get in the middle of the boys to stop anything from happening. Not that I actually could do anything but it felt like o was helping.

Khalil Steps in front of me and his eyes are low
And reddish looking. He throws the first punch clean across Jayden's mouth and I swear I heard something crack. My mouth drops to the floor. Jayden wipes his jaw, opening and closing it before lunging at Khalil

They both fall back and I can't tell who is winning. Jayden would throw a hit and Khalil would throw it right back. Khalil is in the wrong for popping up unannounced but that's still the father of my child. I can't say he's still my boyfriend anymore because at this point..I don't know.

"Jayden get up off of him." I say fuming. My hair was getting wild and I'm getting a workout in trying to pull the boys off of each other.

Before I know it, a hand comes clean across my forehead and i stumble back. That caught both of the boys attention and they stopped fighting to rush to my aid. "Baby you good?" Khalil said.

I nod my head and get up. I don't know which hurt worse- this knot or my pride. Either way, I turn to look at Khalil with anger in my eyes.

"Meet me at your place." Is all I manage to say. I turn my attention to Jayden who is apologizing continuously. I stop him with my hand.

"I'll talk to you later." I say before walking away. I'm the corner of my eyes, I could see Khalil was pissed off but I really didn't care.

In the car, i get multiple texts from both Khalil and Jayden but I ignore all of them. I'll deal with Khalil once I get home and as for Jayden..well I haven't thought that far.

Khalil somehow manages to reach the house before me. As soon as I walk in I'm borbarded with questions.

"So this the nigga you been with? This the friend?" He says bouncing what looked like a stress ball. "First off, stop cussing at me like I'm your child. And two, yes this is the friend. He agreed to take me to the open mic."

"Nah that's my job. And why you defending that dude?" He says. I swear its as if I can hear the hurt in  his voice but he's trying to hide it.

"I'm not defending him. I'm just saying. He did something for me that you didn't want to do." It sounded harsh but that's just how it is.

"So that's what this is about? If you wanna go to an open mic then I'll take you to everyone. But stay away from that dude and I'm dead serious." He says getting up.

I tilt my head up to look him in the eyes. "That's your problem. You only wanna appreciate and do things for me when another dude comes in. You really don't care. That's why I'm done."

When I said those words it's like he emotionally died. But Jayden is cool and I think I might have feelings. Not that I'll ever stop loving Khalil, but a man will not just sit around and treat me like I'm nothing.

"Y-you breaking up with me or something?" He asked with a shaky voice. All I can do is shrug my shoulders. "Maybe we should just take A break."

"NO!" He swipes his hands in despair knocking a wine glass over. Alex comes in making sure everything was good but neither one of us acknowledged his presence .

Khalil rushes towards me and kisses me forcefully. My body starts to heat up. His tongue presses against my lips begging for access but I don't give in. It just doesn't feel the same.

I try backing up but he just pulls me closer. Kicking him did nothing either. I start to scream but with my lips pressed against his there was little noise I could make.

"Aye dude chill out." Alex comes and pulls Khalil off of me. I take what seems to be a breath of fresh air and look at Khalil- crying. Alex and I share the same shocked expression as Khalil storms to his room.

"Take the baby and head back to your place." Alex said grabbing the baby bag. I nod my head and wipe my falling tears before I can embarrass myself even more.