Chapter 36- theres no love

London

I grab the King's shoes on the couch for what seemed to be the 100th

Khalil was gonna be here any moment and my child was just as hyper as I don't know what. I'm actually glad that Khalil can take him. I need a break.

Plus this date I have in like 2 days.

Putting me out of my happy place, I feel something attempting to run past me.

"Nope. Get over here." I throw King over my shoulder with a little more extra strength and tickle him. It's ridiculous as to how big he was getting.

I sit him on the couch once he settles down and puts his shoes on.

I try to use this as a teaching moment for him to learn his left from right.

"Mamaaa." He smiles showing me his few blooming teeth. I blush at how handsome my baby was.

Ding dong

I rush to the doorbell and check through that peephole and it was Khalil. "Ok stink man. Ya dad is here to getcha." I say enthusiastically.

I open the door, but before I could even lay eyes on Khalil, the impact of King clinging on to my legs almost knock me over.

Close to tripping, and even worse stepping on King, I grab on to the book self to regain balance.

I bend over and pick King up. "Dang boy you doing to much." When I turn back to Khalil who was still at the door, I'm finally seeing him.

He had a Nike outfit on with some red nike 97's. His earrings were blinging from the sun.

My eyes travel down to his arms. "Ummm who are those flowers for?" I ask shuffling a little.

He hold them in front of my face. "For you."

Reluctantly, I take them. My expression is still cold though. I believe that did something to Khalil. Guess he was expecting me to crawl back to him.

Lol.

I move out the way so he can come inside and he does. He sits on the couch. I walk over to the kitchen counter to grab a vase to put the flowers in.

King attempts to get out of my grasp and I put him down. Soon as I do he runs over to Khalil, almost busting his face open in the process.

"Sooooo," I begin from the kitchen counter. "His bag are all in the living room in front. Only thing left is his car seat." I hear Khalil say something in response but I don't stay to hear it.

I head to my bedroom to get the car seat. It took all of my strength to lift that thing but after a few seconds I did.

Once I turn around I am a yard away from Khalil. I drop the car seat because his presence scared me.