Chapter 25- youre boring London

London

"Khalil

"Khalil." I poke him in his side. "I know you heard me."

"What." He says irritated.

I scrunch my face up. "Boy lose that ugly attitude. I'm tryna figure out what Vic had to tell me."

Khalil shrugs his shoulders.

I mock him And shrug my shoulders. "I give up. You always shut down when stuff don't go your way." I stand up and he grabs me by shoulder pulling me back.

"You think I care about losing you?"

I was at loss for words. I know he didn't say that.

"Ha ha you real funny. You ever thought about being a comedian?" I nervously laugh at him. He better stop playing with me.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I'm just being honest. Vic probably right." He gets up and walks back towards our room.

I follow him. "Khalil what are you talking about. You acting like a baby. Can we talk like grown adults."

Khalil grabs my shoulders and looks me in the eyes, as if he was scared to say what came next. " I don't want you anyone London. How's that for a talk."

My shoulders get cold as his hands leave and grab a bag. I stare back and forth trying to understand what happened.

"I'm coming back to get my other clothes." He tries to watch out the bedroom door but I stand holding my ground.

"Get you ugly tail back in here and talk to me." I push him back making him sit on the bed.He rolls his eyes.

"London What part of. We are through you don't get." He says with an attitude.

He tries to grab his duffel bag but like the hold I am, I snatch it and dump all the clothes over the floor.

"Oops." I day innocently. "You gone tell me the real reason. A decent more acceptable one?" I ask while playing with my fingernails. I wasn't buying one second of this joke.

But at the same time... it's not April fools so why he acting funny?

He slaps his hand on his lap while I hover over him. "Fine. The truth is it got boring."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What's boring."

"Us. You. The sex been lacking. You act like a child. And you're body is not the same anymore." He says coldly.

I took a step back and stopped breathing for a moment. It really felt like a sledgehammer hit me upside me head.

I nod my head. Not because I was processing this but because I wasn't about to sit and beg no boy to stay.

Especially one that obviously sees me as "boring"

I wipe a tear that I didn't even know was falling. "Bet then."

I grab King who was surprisingly watching tv through all this and take him to the playroom to play with his toys.

"Ma ma." He says kissing all on me. It was a bad timing but I still managed to laugh and hug him back.

"I love you boy." I whisper. He's all I got now

"So I'll come back and get the rest of my clothes from you later." He says to my turned back.

I nod my head.

He walks up to King and daps him up. "See you later li man."

I widen my eyes to stop the waterworks from coming but I gave up and just started wiping them with my shirt.

He puts King down and I stand up, facing Khalil one on one.

I lead Khalil out of the room. "We gotta discuss the days you're gonna get King. And I can meet Alex somewhere to drop the rest of your clothes off to you."

"Oh nah that's not necessary. I can come by and pick it up."

I shake my head and hold my hand up stopping him. "It's better this way." I say calmly. I don't want to see this boy at all anymore unless it concerns my son.

His sad expression is quickly masked by his i don't give a care look. He shrugs his shoulders and turns walks to the door.

"Khalil."I call out his name. He stops walking with his back turned towards me waiting for me to say something.

"I apologize if I'm truly the reason." I say calmly before walking back to my duties with King.

Khalil

"Bro where you at?" I say pissed at Alex that he still wasn't here

"Uhh bro you good?" He asked through the phone.

I huff. "Of course I am. Why?"

"Because I been outside for the past 5 minutes." He says. I stand up from the couch and sure enough Alex was out there.

I rush to the car and tell Alex to pop the trunk so I could put my bags in there. Once back in the car I rub my hands on my face and lean back.

"So what happened? Did you tell her? " He asked.

I shake my head and Alex sighs. "I did what had to be done."

Alex smacked his lips. "Should've went with my plan." He drives off.

"And have them people at my necks, even worse out for London or King?" I shake my head. "That ain't up for discussion.

"Well tell me this." Alex says fixing his mirrors. "Did you break her."

I shake my head in disbelief. "Yea bro. I said some things.." I trail off.

Stopped at a red light, Alex looks at me waiting to hear what I said.

"Told her she was boring and her body wasn't the same and the sex wasn't good." I say lowly.

Alex hits the horn. "You couldn't let her down more gently? You know how conscious she is on her body."

It was true, during sex, London and I would always disagree over her covering herself up. It was to the point to even when all the babyfat was gone she had still convinced herself that she was fat or not attractive. So i know what I said hit home for her.

"I really had no choice." I explain. "She wasn't letting me go." I say reminiscing of her throwing my clothes on the floor.

Alex chuckles to himself.

"But she was so calm about it. And you know London is anything but calm when it comes to arguing so I think I hit home with this one." I say sheepishly.

For a few days, Alex has gotten me caught up in these streets and now I really can't back down now.

Word got around that I came back to relive my "glory days" from high school.

If I had told London, she would've stayed and I'm not putting her or my son in any danger.

So I made it seem like I didn't want her anymore.